Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

wow i have lost hope with this FO

jbooma

We have the ability to trade down with Landry, Peterson, and Quinn all there for someone to trade and we do not pull the trigger.

Landy yes might be a good player but lets be honest here. We allready have a Safety that likes to make the highlight tackle instead of going after the ball. We had a problem covering anyone last year. Now we have two safetys that can't cover.

I honestly do not know what this FO is thinking anymore. We could have picked the #DT, we have NO other picks yet we get someone we have already on the team.

We needed more picks, looking back the Briggs trade was the best option for us.

The good thing is now at least we can go out like the ESPN guys said and enjoy the day, since we are done.

--------

To add to the above. I understand we most likely did not have the ability to trade down due to how high the pick was. What this showed though is this is the result in getting rid of picks for players that don't pan out.

NE today pretty much showed why it is good to not always trade for the future. They were able to get Randy Moss with a 4th round pick. We on the other hand give up a 3rd pick for TJ Duckett, a 3rd and 4th for Lloyd. These are the moves that upset me the most, and because of that we do not have the ability to wheel and deal and sure up all of our weaknesses.

If Gibbs stays after this year then staying put and not trading anything next year was wise, if Gibbs takes off after this year then we may look back and say we should have made another move.

Lets hope that Landy can play right away, since he is already better then what we have.

It depends on the pick

If the Phins were only offering a 3rd, thats not good enough

It takes 2 to tango in a trade down scenario

That is basing these players on a point scale that has no credibility what so ever. We are talking about what 3 spots are you trying to tell me in 3 spots we would not find someone that could make an impact, and still get a nice player in the 3rd round.

That value chart has no scientific backing, it was Jimmy Johnson and everyone copied it.

I agree jbooma. I don't buy this "no one wanted to trade up nonsense." There are multiple teams that would have been willing to for the right price. Mabye they weren't offering the value on the "draft chart" but we should have been willing to take less. I have a feeling we weren't. I like Landry, and I hope it works out well, but if it doesn't, this draft will go down in infamy.

Dude, our secondary is now set for the next 10 years. Minnesota or Miami weren't going to trade b/c Peterson or Quinn is def. going to fall to one of them. I like this pick, and come the season, you will too. You also can't rule out that we won't end up making a trade for another draft pick in an upcoming round at some point.

That is basing these players on a point scale that has no credibility what so ever. We are talking about what 3 spots are you trying to tell me in 3 spots we would not find someone that could make an impact, and still get a nice player in the 3rd round.

That value chart has no scientific backing, it was Jimmy Johnson and everyone copied it.

Do you trade down just for the sake of trading down?

What if the Phins were only offering a 3rd? Or a 4th?

Its not about the value chart, its about what you percieve the value of your pick to be. Clearly with the guys available the Redskins thought it was high, but the other teams didn't

It takes 2 to tango in the draft

Everyone knew we wern't going to take one of the two best players left, why trade with us if you know they are going to fall?

Now with the peterson pick, quinn will fall to them, so they made the right choice. If no one wants to trade, what do you expect them to do?

Landry is the best defensive player on the board, at a position that needed an upgrade. Sometimes you just have to go for BPA instead of complete need

I think that Landry will be a great fit here. 2 of our DTs are old, and the others are young. We will be fine this coming year. Landry can play close to the line, and rush the QB while Springs, Smoot, and Rogers cover and ST can roam. Fletcher will be a tackling machine, Rocky will be learning and Washington will do what he's been doing. We will have a top 10 defense next year. No need to worry.

The point about lack of trade partners is a good one. It is quite possible (indeed likely) that the other teams knew we were not taking a RB or a QB (we all knew after all). In that situation why trade up??

What I don't understand is the Landry pick. Out of 99% of the players available we take what sounds like an exact replacement for Archuleta. :doh:

Archived