Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alan Branch continues to fall

ImmortalDragon

Michigan DT Alan Branch is reportedly off the Bengals' radar.

Could a player everyone had tabbed for the top five early this offseason actually fall to the bottom or out of the first round completely? If the Bengals' don't like him all the way down at No. 18, it appears possible.

If we do make the Briggs trade, and hes available at 31, it will be my dream scenario.

Michigan DT Alan Branch is reportedly off the Bengals' radar.

Could a player everyone had tabbed for the top five early this offseason actually fall to the bottom or out of the first round completely? If the Bengals' don't like him all the way down at No. 18, it appears possible.

If we do make the Briggs trade, and hes available at 31, it will be my dream scenario.

I agree. I stated the same thing in some thread somewhere else. If we don't trade down to get more picks, my preference would be to make the Briggs trade and maybe get Branch at 31. If not Branch, one of the top CBs.

But, it sounds like the Briggs deal is over, but who knows.

Hail,

H

Good.

I'm glad this fraud is gettin exposed.

And to think you people wanted him in a Redskin Uni. :doh:

With the sixth pick, no. But the 31st pick?? He might be hard to pass there. I'm not that big on Branch, but at 31 I think he'd be worth the risk.

Hail,

H

Good.

Fraud? You make it seem as if he went around saying lies.

He'd be far better here than Okoye. Okoye is a small kid, and I stress kid, who won't be able to do much unless he can bulk up.

On the contrary, Branch is known for his run stuffing ablity, which makes him a better prospect than Okoye. He helped make Michigan's run defense what it was, where as I can't seem to recall any Louisville success stories.

I think the problem with branch is hes lazy and he doesnt seem to be strong.

Lazyness can be fixed though. Maybe him falling will make him have a vendetta against the other teams.

At 14th pick hes worth it trade with New England asap if this was to happen.

]']Fraud? You make it seem as if he went around saying lies.

He'd be far better here than Okoye. Okoye is a small kid' date=' and I stress kid, who won't be able to do much unless he can bulk up.

On the contrary, Branch is known for his run stuffing ablity, which makes him a better prospect than Okoye. He helped make Michigan's run defense what it was, where as I can't seem to recall any Louisville success stories.[/quote']

Yeah run stuffers are often lazy, fat and dont show much. On the field though its a completely different game.

Look at Goose , Sam Adams, and Gilbert Brown.

right. MIchigan's #1 ranked defense against the run just over 40 yards per game had nothing to do with the big behemoth Alan Branch in the center.

You guys really need to look at statistics, and some game film before judging this guy. I know I'm not big on the Big ten in any shape or form but Branch was a monster out there last year.

Yeah run stuffers are often lazy, fat and dont show much. On the field though its a completely different game.

Look at Goose , Sam Adams, and Gilbert Brown.

I'm not sure as to whether or not you're complimenting Branch or not. Because I don't know much about Brown, but I (think) I remember Goose being one of the key reasons to Ray Lewis's success. Plus, Sam Adams is a hell of a run stuffer. So is John Henderson, widely regarded as the TOP DT in the league.

Personally, I'd take a run stuffing fatty over a Kid whose gonna get pushed around. Imagine the Eagles C Jamaal Jackson pushing him around :doh:

right. MIchigan's #1 ranked defense against the run just over 40 yards per game had nothing to do with the big behemoth Alan Branch in the center.

You guys really need to look at statistics, and some game film before judging this guy. I know I'm not big on the Big ten in any shape or form but Branch was a monster out there last year.

had nothing to do with playing teams like Indiana, Illinois, North Western, Ball State, Vanderbilt, Michigan State, Perdue.......

Why is Branch falling so fast?? Mel still has him high on his list.

1. He's from Michigan

2. He has some sort of leg fractures... Under 300+ lbs, it sounds like a definite risk in giving up a high draft pick for him. FYI: I was all for drafting him until that leaked out.

]']I'm not sure as to whether or not you're complimenting Branch or not. Because I don't know much about Brown' date=' but I (think) I remember Goose being one of the key reasons to Ray Lewis's success. Plus, Sam Adams is a hell of a run stuffer. So is John Henderson, widely regarded as the TOP DT in the league.

Personally, I'd take a run stuffing fatty over a Kid whose gonna get pushed around. Imagine the Eagles C Jamaal Jackson pushing him around :doh:[/quote']

I'm not saying hes great im just giving him a chance. DT are usually not the most athletic people out there. As long as he plays hard on the field practices & work outs shouldnt matter.

However I wont take him with the 6th pick. I am willing to trade down and get two first round draft picks and draft him in the middle part of the 1st round.

had nothing to do with playing teams like Indiana, Illinois, North Western, Ball State, Vanderbilt, Michigan State, Perdue.......
You can call out the schedule of every single prospect in the draft. I bet 75% of Brady's yards were against teams that were never ranked. But back to Alan Branch, how about against Penn State? Rush first team featuring Tony Hunt, the 3rd highest ranked running back in this class? I was there.... -16 yards rushing.

I think everyone is making a big mistake on this guy and someone is going to get a stud for really cheap. I sure as hell hope it's us.

What do you know about this guy that we don't, Bubba? You've never liked Branch. You go to Indiana or something?

You can call out the schedule of every single prospect in the draft. I bet 75% of Brady's yards were against teams that were never ranked. But back to Alan Branch, how about against Penn State? Rush first team featuring Tony Hunt, the 3rd highest ranked running back in this class? I was there....

As great of a runner as I consider Hunt, we might as well have had 5th graders as our O-line. Don't get me wrong, Branch was good, but even a decent line could pushed ours over. I feel bad for Morelli, too :doh:

As great of a runner as I consider Hunt, we might as well have had 5th graders as our O-line. Don't get me wrong, Branch was good, but even a decent line could pushed ours over :doh:
lol you guys need the classic Joe Thomas PJ HIll combo...running the ball down peoples throat for all of 06.

But back on point, Branch played agaisnt the all powerfull UW as well

Kiper now a days including on the radio TODAY picks him as the player when asked who's dropping the most -- Kiper's hit on Branch is that he only had 20 something tackles and the problem they found about Branch watching tape is that he doesn't make a lot of plays -- he said Okoye had more than twice the tackles as Branch.

The other rap on him is he's lazy and unmotivated and desire ultimately is a big factor about whether a good college player makes it to the NFL. And in college he was hot and cold, would take plays off, etc.

Personally, if Gregg Williams likes him am cool with taking him -- just repeating what the naysayers say about Branch and he has a lot of them!

Southern Cal 23 carries, 48 yards, 2.1YPC; Wisconsin 27 carries, 12 yards, 0.4YPC; Notre Dame 17 carries, 32 yards, 1.2YPC etc...

Oh, and P.S., many of the Big Ten opponents mentioned above, plus Iowa, PSU etc... averaged between 135 and 180 *rushing yards* per game, so the Branch anchored Michigan defense holding such opponents to an average of 43.8 rushing yards per game isn't tainted by your skewed argument.

Good.

Your right, he's a fraud :rolleyes: .

People act like the season opener is next week. Whatever team Branch goes to will have him working with professional NFL trainers. They will help him tighten up on his weight, they will help him with different techniques. And the boy may be pissed off and have a serious chip on his sholder after dropping so low. one thing you have to give to this dude is that he has the size.The NFL is the next level for a reason. I'd love to add him at DT. Just not at the #6 pick.

Exactly! No one trusts the little 10. Nor should they. The whole Troy Smith, OSU is actually a good team farce was destroyed. So who exactly did Michigan play again???

Everyone wants ACC or SEC players. Let's keep it that way.

Archived