Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Brady Quinn to the Raiders?

DTN Redskin

Drafting Quinn will help ensure the Raiders have a top 3 pick next year

Drafting JaMarcus Russell wouldn't make things any better. A quarterback isn't any good throwing from his back. The Raiders gave up 72 sacks last year. Ask David Carr how much that helps you play QB.

yeah I saw it on NFL live last night. It isn't just about Quinn Vs Russel Vs Johnson it also comes down to price. Oakland may not want to pay a salary for a #1 WR (I don't think there has ever been a #1 wide out ever), but would gladly take a QB and pay them that amount.

There is supposedly conflict within the organization too

If Quinn goes 1, then Russell goes 2. They will trade McCown then to someone for a late round pick.

That means Calvin will either be picked at 3 by a team who trades for him (maybe us?) or will drop to TB.

If Quinn does go one, things will really get interesting.

Drafting JaMarcus Russell wouldn't make things any better. A quarterback isn't any good throwing from his back. The Raiders gave up 72 sacks last year. Ask David Carr how much that helps you play QB.

The thing that people don't seem to understand about Russell is that he's a PROJECT quarterback. Yes, he's big and has a good arm...so what? Russell is not in the same league as say Vince Young...who can at least scramble.

If Quinn goes 1, then Russell goes 2. They will trade McCown then to someone for a late round pick.

That means Calvin will either be picked at 3 by a team who trades for him (maybe us?) or will drop to TB.

If Quinn does go one, things will really get interesting.

Russell is maybe worth a 10 or 11, taking him 1 or 2 is silly...IMO.

I honestly think Quinn is going to prove a lot of people wrong about him. I'm almost tempted to put money up that he will flourish faster than Russell will as a QB in the NFL.

I have no facts, just a silly ass feeling about this one.

kind of like last year when i said vince young would be rookie of the year and all my friends laughed at me :P i know what you mean

Oh I agree. I am not saying that he is worth the #2, but with how teams think he is some god, he will go high.

The thing about Russell is that he has a reputation as not being that committed, at times in college he had to be forced to study film...had his hand held, etc. Now, there's no way anyone can convince me that a guy with his reputation is suddenly going to study and give you his all once he has a $30 million dollar check in his hand. With Russell, I don't think anyone really knows what they're getting...other than potential.

Quinn, on the other hand, is going to earn every penny he gets...he has a reputation as being an extremely hard worker, as being smart, and has a lot of starts under his belt, and most importantly possesses a love of the game. At least with Quinn, I think, you know what you're getting...plus potential.

I honestly think Quinn is going to prove a lot of people wrong about him. I'm almost tempted to put money up that he will flourish faster than Russell will as a QB in the NFL.

I have no facts, just a silly ass feeling about this one.

There's no doubt in my mind that Quinn is the over all better qb in this draft. Quinn will do very well, but I don't think it will surprise anyone who has paid attention to his college career, people who know his work ethic, or many "experts" for that matter.

After listening to the things Brady Quinn had to say on ESPN and the NFL Network, I'm beginning to truely believe he is the best QB in the draft. He has the drive and intelligence that seems to echo of what was reported Peyton Manning had when the Colts asked both Manning and Ryan Leaf "what will you do if you are picked number 1?"

Manning gave a Peyton like answer about wanting to get to Indianopolis and start working on the playbook etc while Leaf said he'll throw a big Vegas party to celebrate.

When I see Brady Quinn talk, he reminds me of that football maturity you see in guys like Peyton Manning. It's that "it" thing that can't be measure. I get the sense he'll wind up the better of the 2 qbs. Especially since he's already worked in a Pro Offense and has been doing it for 4 years rather than just one Sugar Bowl (russell). But it's the maturity, intelligence, and his physique (which says he works hard and takes care of himself) that makes me think he's the better QB of the 2.

So I would not at all be baffled if the Raiders did take Brady Quinn.

Regardless though, We're screwed if he does go before our pick.

Archived