Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New From SI's Truth & Rumors - CJ related

Forever21

I assume the offer is #6, Springs, and next year's first. Brandon Lloyd could be included if he re-structures. Right now he's untradeable, but after hearing how Snyder talked at the pre-draft press conference, he's playing up Lloyd for SOMEBODY, and I don't think it's for the fans.

[/color]

**sorry Mods if this has been posted but a quick search didn't turn up either of these

What do you think we're offering?

#6 and just Springs?

#6, Springs and next years first?

I have a feeling it's #6, Springs and next years first. I've heard that Lloyd really does look good from working out in Arizona. Don't know if it's hype/propaganda/smoke screen or true.

If true, I don't know how the Redskins could possibly beat Denver's offer to Detroit of a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 1st (2008) draft picks for CJ. Nor would I want them to try to top that. :doh:

This thing brings back bad memories of the Desmond Howard trade-up debacle. :laugh:

Broncos | Team makes offers for second overall pick

Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:12:52 -0700

Nicholas Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports the Denver Broncos have made two offers to the Detroit Lions involving the the second overall pick, according to the Denver Post.

The first offer included LB Al Wilson and the Broncos' first-round pick. The second offer involved the Broncos' first-, second- and third-round picks in the 2007 NFL Draft, as well as their first-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

If true, I don't know how the Redskins could possibly beat Denver's offer to Detroit of a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 1st (2008) draft picks for CJ. Nor would I want them to try to top that. :doh:

This thing brings back bad memories of the Desmond Howard trade-up debacle. :laugh:

Broncos | Team makes offers for second overall pick

Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:12:52 -0700

Nicholas Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports the Denver Broncos have made two offers to the Detroit Lions involving the the second overall pick, according to the Denver Post.

The first offer included LB Al Wilson and the Broncos' first-round pick. The second offer involved the Broncos' first-, second- and third-round picks in the 2007 NFL Draft, as well as their first-round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

They are in the same division, Al may want a lot more from denver than another club because he knows CJ would be used against him.

I think in order to beat out Denver's offer the 'Skins would have to pony up the #6, 1st and 3rd in '08, and Springs. This would be a huge payout, that no doubt would have all pundits claiming our FO has supplanted Detroit's as the most senseless in the league.

As for Lloyd, I think the ego-massage was merely a prep-job due to the reality that our FO is seriously considering making CJ the #2 in Washington. This is getting a little skeery..

I think the skins would have to give up the #6, Springs, next year's first and possibly one more pick, maybe the 5th rounder from this year.

I'm starting to think there is more than an outside chance this trade happens, but it will only occur if Detroit drafts Johnson at #2 with an eye on dealing him during the draft, and Gaines Adams somehow drops to our #6 spot. Detroit would be most amenable to trading with us because they would get the 2 players they supposedly covet, Adams at the best price, and we are probably more amenable to including our first round pick next year than Tampa Bay.

I keep going back and forth on the chances of us getting CJ. He IS the guy I want. No question. But one minute I'll read a thread and I feel like we will get him, then I read another thread and feel like there is no way in hell. At this second, I feel like there is no way in hell, but I am sure later today another thread will be started that makes me think we will definitely get him.

One thing is for sure.....can't wait til Saturday is done.

I just had a thought, with oakland... tradying Brunnel (a quality backup) Perhaps Springs, #6 and next years 1st to move up to take CJ, maybe our 3rd next year, would that be enough to entice the raiders?

They can then drop to #6 take a player that's less risky and pricey and be in a great position in next years draft.

I have a feeling it's #6, Springs and next years first. I've heard that Lloyd really does look good from working out in Arizona. Don't know if it's hype/propaganda/smoke screen or true.

Last year there was an article in the paper on Tomlinson and Brees workout regimen and how they have the most gruling workout schedule in the league. I believe the trainer was in Arizona. I wonder if Lloyd has hired there trainor.

If so this would be awesome.

I keep going back and forth on the chances of us getting CJ. He IS the guy I want. No question. But one minute I'll read a thread and I feel like we will get him, then I read another thread and feel like there is no way in hell. At this second, I feel like there is no way in hell, but I am sure later today another thread will be started that makes me think we will definitely get him.

One thing is for sure.....can't wait til Saturday is done.

Amen Brother.

#2 to #6 is a better offer than any other mentioned offer because of place and to stop the Bucs they don't have a good CB to deal like we would which detroit definitely wants in order to compensate for Bly. Also I don't expect to see detroit and denver with any more trades this offseason. But hell........I might be wrong.

Well i just found this and it would kill our chances of getting CJ.

SI.com's Don Banks reports that owner Arthur Blank has "pretty much ordered" GM Rich McKay to trade up for Calvin Johnson.

The Falcons have always made the most sense as a trading partner for Detroit because of their maverick owner, stockpile of draft picks, and local connection. Still, this is just another predraft rumor. It's just one that makes sense

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL

Last year there was an article in the paper on Tomlinson and Brees workout regimen and how they have the most gruling workout schedule in the league. I believe the trainer was in Arizona. I wonder if Lloyd has hired there trainor.

If so this would be awesome.

Last year I was also reading about Adam Archuleta's awesome workout regimen, and watched a video of him springing into the air like a gazelle from a pushup position, and flicking barbells full of weights into the air like so many boogers.

You know what? I actually would want Calvin Johnson to go to Atlanta. Michael Vick has the gift of a great QB, but he needs a receiver who is just as gifted. And if CJ goes to Atlanta, it may very well be the best QB-WR pair in years.

You are out of your mind. I don't care if the Falcons got Jerry Rice in his prime and CJ. Micheal Vick is a terrible QB.

You know what? I actually would want Calvin Johnson to go to Atlanta. Michael Vick has the gift of a great QB, but he needs a receiver who is just as gifted. And if CJ goes to Atlanta, it may very well be the best QB-WR pair in years.

Yeah so much better than those Peyton and Marvin guys. What a joke they are, huh?

I respectfully disagree - Vick is a great athlete but a mediocre NFL QB. Drfating CJ with Vick under centre would be both a waste of CJ potential and further expose Vick as no more than moderate QB.

Archived