Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The World would be a better place if...

Burgold

This is a list game. Simply add a serious or humerous thing that would make the world a better place.

The world would be a better place if...

people would focus on individuals and being so label driven (black/white/conservative/liberal/muslim/christian/etc).

people could learn to take a joke, laugh at themselves, and stop being so sensitive about everything.

everyone would read and play more.

there were more pizza parlors in my neighborhood. There used to be lots of pizza parlors, neighborhood hangouts. Now, you almost have to go to a place with white linens to get a pizza. Pizza Hut and Ledos do not count as parlors in my mind. A parlor must have a window where the kids can watch the guy spinning and flipping the dough, a pinball or video game, kids high on cafeine and sugar, and a ton of laughter and grease.

If we as people would learn to be more tolerate of those who are different from us.

If we learned how to put God first in all of our decisions.

If we learned how to be kinder to one another and not feel like we have to shoot someone because we feel that person "disrespected" us.

If we learned how to look out for one another instead of focusing on our own needs.

If we as people would learn to be more tolerate of those who are different from us.

If we learned how to put God first in all of our decisions.

These two are mutually exclusive...They cannot coexist.

Love the Bobby Mitchell Sig, BTW. Can you make me one for Wilber Marshall? What a beast he was!

The world would be a better place if people could understand that love is not a zero sum game. We're better off for the love we give, even if what we get back isn't what we would wish for. One shouldn't have to deserve to be loved...deserve has nothing to do with it. Just look at the love of the Skins for many on here not old enough to have ever seen them win, but I see and hear this frequently from friends on the romance side.

The world would be a better place if people thought more about how all the things they have in common with the stranger whose decissions we disapprove of. It's so easy to make all of a relationship about the things we don't understand. How can that guy kiss another guy? How can that woman put up with that scum of the earth, and why does she wear that headress? Instead, we should be thinking about what we have in common. I don't know about you, but I take the "wow gbear, you smell a bit today" a lot better from a friend than the guy I've never met who is unlucky enough to have to stand in line behind me at the grocery store after I've been running.

These two are mutually exclusive...They cannot coexist.

Love the Bobby Mitchell Sig, BTW. Can you make me one for Wilber Marshall? What a beast he was!

Talk to Sweet Sassy Molassy about sigs.

In the meantime, I'm not sure I agree with that. When I say "different," I'm referring to racial, that person's belief system and that person's stance of politics, for example. What does that have to do with trying to put God first?

The problem with always trying to put God first is impatience. You'd have too many people screaming, "No cutsies"

Not to mention the road rage

Sorry... I couldn't resist. I agree with the notion that the world would be much better if we would think outside of our own needs much more.

The world would be a better place if people could understand that love is not a zero sum game. We're better off for the love we give, even if what we get back isn't what we would wish for. One shouldn't have to deserve to be loved...deserve has nothing to do with it. Just look at the love of the Skins for many on here not old enough to have ever seen them win, but I see and hear this frequently from friends on the romance side.

The world would be a better place if people thought more about how all the things they have in common with the stranger whose decissions we disapprove of. It's so easy to make all of a relationship about the things we don't understand. How can that guy kiss another guy? How can that woman put up with that scum of the earth, and why does she wear that headress? Instead, we should be thinking about what we have in common. I don't know about you, but I take the "wow gbear, you smell a bit today" a lot better from a friend than the guy I've never met who is unlucky enough to have to stand in line behind me at the grocery store after I've been running.

Well put, Gbear! :applause:

Archived