Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: JJ Rumor

bubba9497

Wait...didn't Jerry say that the rumor about JJ going anywhere was ridiculous...didn't come from the pukes?

The expectations for the pukes are just silly. If JJ leaves, they have one-half of a backfield...because the other guy can't play full-time.

That's how Bill felt.

I don't see it..... I see M. Barber as a slightly bigger, slower version of Betts, and Betts a better receiver, KR

both YPC Avg. is 4.4, and both career long is 27/28 yards, Barber was used as a goal line back where Betts wasn't... but Betts has a better first down avg.

Betts has more versatility

BUt aren't you first in line to say that dallas's oline is horrible, while the skins is one of the best in the league????

If thats true, and the betts and MB have the same stats, the answer to who is better should be slapping you in the face right???

It wouldn't exactly break my heart to see Julius go. He really seemed to lose his vision and cutting ability this past year. He's never been a guy that will break a tackle or rip through and get a yard or two. He kind of turned into JJ Arrington version 2.0. But, I'll believe it when I see it. Dallas seemingly has been rumored to trade him for quite some time. However, I do know for almost a fact that Dallas wants to gain some more draft picks if they can. So it does make sense.

YAKUZA

Antonio Pittman??

Kenny Irons??

Even Michael Bush???

Not so sure, I trust those guys to be feature backs .... well Bush if he isn't injured.

They also have Tyson Thompson. Depends on how he comes back from the leg. But if he ever gets adapted to the game, he's got the most talent/size.

YAKUZA

Julius Jones is such a ho-hum back.

Player like Jones are a dime a dozen - I can think of 15-20 pro backs I'd rather have and at least 6 or 7 backs who will get drafted next week. I'd be surprised if they could get anything more than a 4th this season or a 3rd next year.

Was that the tune you were singing before he was drafted?

While living with a Dallas fan I head to hear how Jones was so much better than Portis, I would laugh in his face if this happened.

Before Julius was injury prone he posted good numbers in the 2nd half of 2004 and looked like a Top 3 RB. Since than Portis would have the edge due to his 2005 season but both have been very injury prone.:helmet:

Was that the tune you were singing before he was drafted?

Since he grew up and played HS ball in the same county I went to high school, and kept tabs on him at ND

I thought he was a good back, nothing special like his brother was at UVA, I was shocked when the Pokes drafted him as high as they did. I thought he wouldn't be a thought for any team until late round three at best.

I thought he'd be a solid starter. He's fallen a little short of that. Big whup.

I also thought that you made a mistake passing on Steve Jackson.

The jury is still out on that trade.

This is a make or break year for Jones and Spears.

It's put up or shut up time for both of them.

After this season, we'll be able to fairly analyze that draft day trade.

Since he grew up and played HS ball in the same county I went to high school, and kept tabs on him at ND

I thought he was a good back, nothing special like his brother was at UVA, I was shocked when the Pokes drafted him as high as they did. I thought he wouldn't be a thought for any team until late round three at best.

Depending on who you asked, he was graded a 2nd or 3rd round talent and was in the same class as Chris Perry.

I don't think they reached, he probably went around where he should've, but again, this is the season where its time to step up or adios.

The jury is still out on that trade.

This is a make or break year for Jones and Spears.

It's put up or shut up time for both of them.

After this season, we'll be able to fairly analyze that draft day trade.

That's a funny thing to say.....the jury is still out on that trade. Out for who?

In one corner, you have a probowl RB; widely regarded as a top 5 NFL RB.

In the other, you have a largely inconsistant RB who the owner is trying to trade and a bust of a DE.

Yep, one more year than we'll know for sure. :laugh:

No denying it. THe Stephen Jackson for JJ and Spears didn't work out. Jury is still out on spears, I'll give him one more year, but he would have to be all pro and then some to get any value back from the Stephen Jackson trade.

I just don't see it happening. But thats what the draft is. Sometimes, you hit, sometimes you miss, and sometimes, well, you just don't have any at bats

Archived