Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Proof of How We Go 16-0

aairricc

Just thought some people might enjoy this article written in Virginia Tech's newspaper this morning. Breaks down every game and why we win.

Sept. 9 vs. Miami Dolphins: The 'Skins open against a team with a rookie head coach, Cam Cameron, and a starting quarterback, Daunte Culpepper, whose knee ligaments have the integrity of shredded cheddar cheese. Throw in the fact that the Dolphins' starting defense is older than most geological formations then there's no reason to assume the Redskins won't start 1-0.

Sept. 17 @ Philadelphia Eagles: NFC East play begins with another team whose quarterback situation is in flux. Donavan McNabb's knee might be worse than Culpepper's. Worse yet, the backup the Eagles brought in, Kelly Holcomb, led the Cleveland Browns to the playoff a few years ago, a feat no less impressive than early man developing agriculture. Quarterback controversies can ruin any team. To 2-0 we go.

Sept. 23 vs. New York Giants: Tiki Barber's gone. His replacement, Reuben Droughns, lost 11 fumbles over the past two years. It's good to know the Giants haven't lost anything with Barber's retirement. Meanwhile, Jeremy Shockey's about three more overthrown passes away from ripping off Eli Manning's arm. All in all, it should be a fun season in the Big Apple. 3-0? I think so.

Sept. 30 Bye Week: Book your tickets now to Fred Smoot's Potomac River Bye Week Cruise. It's expected to sell out fast.

Oct. 7 vs. Detroit Lions: In the offseason, the Lions signed ex-Redskin T.J. Duckett, who should be itching to get revenge on the team that traded for and subsequently benched him. No worries though, the reason Duckett didn't play is because he's got the speed and agility of a cinderblock. Hello 4-0

Oct. 14 @ Green Bay Packers: The 'Skins' formerly stout rushing defense will have its best game of the season here. Not only will Brett Favre be hucking up 50 passes a game in his farewell tour, the Packers roundtable of running backs has combined for 891 career yards. Clinton Portis should have that by this game. 5-0, you know.

Oct. 21 vs. Arizona Cardinals: As always, a lot of people are predicting the Cardinals to have a breakout year. Luckily, I'm not that dumb. The Cardinals suck. 'Skins: 6-0

Oct. 28 @ New England Patriots: I would say this game has the potential to be the 'Skins' first slip up, but when this game finally comes around, Tom Brady will have his hands full with two two-month-olds from two different mothers. Not even the Golden Boy can handle two mother-in-laws. 7-0 after the win at Foxboro.

Nov. 4 @ New York Jets: I will be in attendance this game. The Redskins have never lost a road game that I've attended. At the same time, I've never actually attended a road game. Doesn't matter though, 'cause we'll be 8-0.

Nov. 11 vs. Eagles: How has Andy Reid not had a heart attack living in Philly for eight straight years? All those greasy cheesesteaks, the man is a coronary waiting to happen. And how has no one convinced him to go on a diet? Just curious. 9-0, right as Reid's ticker blows.

Nov. 18 @ Dallas Cowboys: By this point in the season, Tony Romo sits to pee will have been romantically linked to Carrie Underwood, Paris Hilton, Jessica Biel, Heather Graham and half the cast of the Real World: Denver and Jenna Bush. He's less a starting quarterback than a playboy who can barely handle snaps. 10-0, Take that T.O.

Nov. 25 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers: At this point a year ago, Chris Simms had two things: his coach's trust and his spleen. Now, with Jeff Garcia coming from Philly and his internal organ shredded to pieces, he's got neither. What this has to do with anything, I don't know. What I do know is that save for a b---s--- two-point conversion, the Redskins have owned the Bucs the past three years. 11-0? I'd say so.

Dec. 2 vs. Buffalo Bills: Revenge time after the Bills stole our starting left guard, Derrick Dockery, with an utterly ridiculous 7-year/$49 million contract. Look Marv Levy, only we're allowed to throw overwhelming amounts of money at underwhelming free agents. Don't be stealing our style. Just for that, 12-0. Take that Buffalo.

Dec. 6 vs. Chicago Bears: It's extremely easy to make fun of Rex Grossman these days. He'd be gone if it weren't for the Bears backup situation: on the left, Brian Griese, career backup, and Kyle Orton, who shows up to practice with fifths of Jack Daniels hidden under his shoulder pads. 13-0, 1976 Dolphins, start to lie low.

Dec. 16 @ Giants: The Skins will be getting the Giants at the perfect time, right during the team's annual "we've quit on our coach, we hate each other" maelstrom. It will only be complicated by the fact Tom Coughlin will have berated three players for being late to practice. He's going to be the first coach to bring back capital punishment. 14-0, after this win in the New York snow.

Dec. 23 @ Minnesota Vikings: Fred Smoot returns to his former home. He'll have plenty of chances to get revenge, easily picking off passes from the quarterback car crash of Tarvaris Jackson, Drew Henson and Brooks Bollinger. Most Arena Football teams have better QB situations. 15-0, one more to go

Dec. 30 vs. Cowboys: Nothing in the world, not first love, Swiss chocolate or 15 packs of Splenda would be sweeter than the Redskins closing out their first ever-undefeated season against the Dallas Cowboys. I promise you this will happen. How do I know this? Because I'm a Redskins' fan, which means this year is our year.16-0. And on to the Super Bowl.

Too funny....satirical(sp?) at best.

But a good read.

The Eagles, Cowboys & Giants fans probably sprained a finger ligament clicking to get in here so they could hurry and get a good laugh at what OUR FANS THINK. Funny thing was it was a newspaper article...not an EXTREMER.

We have a better chance of going 0-16 than 16-0.

Nov. 4 @ New York Jets: I will be in attendance this game. The Redskins have never lost a road game that I've attended. At the same time, I've never actually attended a road game. Doesn't matter though, 'cause we'll be 8-0.

Classic.... nice job

Archived