Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Personal use?

redman

Arizona player arrested

Posted: Thursday December 05, 2002 10:27 AM

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- A University of Arizona football player was arrested on drug trafficking charges after he was stopped in Illinois with 87 pounds of marijuana, authorities said.

Junior tight end Justin Levasseur was arrested around 9:15 a.m. Tuesday after an Illinois State Police trooper pulled over for speeding the truck that Levasseur was driving, said Sgt. Thomas J. Burek.

The trooper found 87 pounds of marijuana in the truck, Burek said.

Levasseur, a 22-year-old from Antioch, Calif., was arrested on drug possession and trafficking charges. A passenger, Max Necochea, 22, of Mission Viejo, Calif., was arrested on drug and unlawful use of weapons charges, though Burek did not know what led to the weapons charge.

Levasseur led all Arizona tight ends with 11 catches for 143 yards. He caught two touchdown passes in Arizona's 52-41 win over California, this season's only Pac-10 win for the beleaguered Wildcats.

Coach John Mackovic said he was aware of the arrest and had spoken with Levasseur's parents. No decision has been made yet on his team status, the coach said in a statement.

:high:

This is all of the details that I got. However, a couple of thoughts occur to me:

1) why on earth would you speed with so much pot?

2) he was only pulled over for speeding (evidently) so did this rocket scientist actually consent to be searched?

Bear Down indeed! :shootinth

Originally posted by redman

why on earth would you speed with so much pot?

:shootinth

Some people are just idiots. I knew this guy Jesse who once started a fight in a bar with the bartender when he had several large bags of MJ hidden under his coat. He was apparently waiting to meet a buyer, got pi$$ed that the bartender wasn't serving him quickly enough, so he started yelling at the guy and accusing him of racism. The bouncers had to come clear him out and when they did - oops... Bags of pot started dropping out. I for one was happy to see him thrown in the can. I had to work with this guy, and he was a total dickhead!

:toilet: :toilet: :alcoholic :alcoholic :alcoholic :geek:

As an aside, has anyone caught the documentary "Grass" that's been showing on the Sundance Channel the past couple of days?

Here's a description:

While it's unlikely to change the United States' drug policy, Ron Mann's entertaining documentary chronicling the bizarre 100-year history of laws against the use of marijuana is likely to prompt outrage, countless discussions and a perverse sense of nostalgia. Actor and pro-hemp activist Woody Harrelson narrates this spirited and often hilarious retrospective of past anti-drug campaigns, propaganda films and publicity crusades which often linked marijuana use to insanity, sexual promiscuity, homicide and permanent brain damage. More provocative is screenwriter Solomon Vesta's thesis suggesting that much anti-marijuana legislation reflected a form of institutionalized racism against marginalized communities; first Mexican laborers and blacks, then communist subversives and finally the hippie counterculture. An unapologetic advocacy film, GRASS makes the case that the government's long and costly war against marijuana has been manipulated by politicians like the Federal Bureau of Narcotics chief Harry J. Anslinger; President Nixon, who memorably deputized Elvis in the war on drugs; and President Reagan, who branded marijuana "the most dangerous drug in America." "Punchy and enjoyable" -Elvis Mitchell, The New York Times

Dope must have changed since I was in school.

In those days, we'd be roaring along the open highway, thrilling at the raw speed, adrenaline coursing through our veins, trees blurring in our peripheral (if squinted) vision, the white lane-divider lines meshing into one ... Kings of The Road .... and then one of us would look at the speedometer.

"Dude. You're doin', like ... 19."

Originally posted by Om

Dope must have changed since I was in school.

In those days, we'd be roaring along the open highway, thrilling at the raw speed, adrenaline coursing through our veins, trees blurring in our peripheral (if squinted) vision, the white lane-divider lines meshing into one ... Kings of The Road .... and then one of us would look at the speedometer.

"Dude. You're doin', like ... 19."

:lol: :rotflmao:

In one of my more shameful moments, a friend and I who'd been imbibing realized after sitting at a NJ stoplight that it had turned yellow-red-green several times before someone behind us got out of their car and tapped on our window.

But man....the colors...they were like...soooo beautiful.

Just say no man.

Archived