Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Honesty thread.....do you like what your team has done thus far in FA?

Jeremiah_Johnson

Well whatever, The Cards fans are always laughing...at their own team. Do you think I care what Cardinal fans are thinking...they wouldnt know what a good player is, players dissapear in Arizona.

Smoot could not make the Minny roster, but the Skins signed him.

Fabini couln not make the Dallas roster (worst Line in the NFCE and the NFL according to some) yet the skins sign him

Stoudimire (sp?) could not make the Saints roster (horrible secondary) the Skins sign him...

my god, Dockery could not make the Skins roster but the Bills give him 50 Million!!!

You can't compare Arizona to any of those other teams because Arizona is arguably the worst franchise in NFL history.

There are a few flaws in your post, though, big one being Dockerry. You have no idea what you are talking about if you that's your final answer on him.

The point about Arizona still stands, and although many players have left there to play well and have solid careers, most of those players were missed right away by the die hard AZ fans (yes, they do exist) and the Bidwells were immediately questioned and doubted as to why those players were let go.

Davis leaving was a sigh of relief for fans out here. That's something you don't hear very often.

*edit. And another thing, nobody signed those players you mentioned to 50 million dollar contracts except, well, Dock, and he's the best player on that list. In other words the circumstanes surrounding him were much different than Davis. The skins wanted to keep Dock, the Cards did NOT want to keep Davis. See the difference now?

Like the Fletcher and Smoot moves.

Hate that we couldn't resign Dockery. I hope that hole doesn't turn into a glaring hole this season.

Our FO did a good job with ridding of AA. Wish him the best, sorry it didn't work out.

Don't like that the Skins were piddling around with Springs, will be upset if he is not on the roster come September.

Our big test comes on draft day. Excellent: Dropping a few spots/grab a DL lineman we wanted anyway and pick up a second or third rounder. Good: Just picking a DL lineman, or the Briggs trade and at 31 pick up a defensive lineman. Bad: Any move up in which we would surely mortgage too much for CJ or Russell.

I didn't like losing Dockery, but for his price tag I'm not too upset about it.

Love the Smoot signing. He was a good #2 CB for us and he was a core Skin who should have never left.

Content with the Fletcher signing. Good player but I don't think he'll be the savior for our D like some think he might.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with what we've done in FA. Now if we do this Briggs trade I'm going to be pretty pissed off.

I think I have liked this offseason more than any other in recent memory. In past offseasons while there have always been a host of "liked" moves there has always been at least one that was greatly disliked. So far this offseason that hasnt happened. The Redskins have been much smarter about who they go after, and we like to see that. That said, if one of the proposed deals happens for CJ or Russel, or Briggs etc, I will contend that this was a very poor offseason for us, and that we overreached.

Our offense for last year, was decent. And with Jason Campbell starting his first full season, and everyone now getting into Saunders gameplan, I think it will be a good offense next year. Our worry has been defense. Thus it is glad to see that in the few moves we made, we addressed defense instead of offense. We filled that MLB position with a should be pro-bowler in Fletcher, finally getting a proper MLB. This allows us to move Marshall to his proper position in WLB and replace Holdman, who had been horrid. One move allowed us to upgrade two positions. How can you not like that?

Bringing in Smoot allowed us to finally have someone to compete with our two CBs who played poorly last season. That alone increases the odds of someone stepping up. Add to that that the last time Smoot was here our defense was top 3 in the NFL, and it just looks to be a no-brainer.

I like pretty much all of our re-signings and extensions, we kept all the guys who played well for us, and we let go a couple that had not(Such as Holdman). The move I really liked was us re-signing Wade to fill Dockerys shoes, hes been here, he played well here, why spend a ton for a guy outside when you can look inside?

Overall this offseason was a new theme for us, one that we liked. It was "Redskins who play well as Redskins, stay Redskins." Those who didnt, were not re-signed.

Perhaps the one move I have issues with is the trade of AA. We managed a 6th out of that? Surely he was a better backup then we could have gotten otherwise. Although if he would have been a lockerroom distraction(disgruntled) and we didnt know it, its better he is gone. The one thing this team needs now more than ever is Chemistry.

Archived