Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Article on Briggs..."a strong likelyhood" according to Rosenhaus

LoudMouth12thMan

I love being a redskin fan. You people that dont appreciate Dan Snyder and Drew Rosenagent, dont appreciate sean taylor, santana, portis and some other players as well.

Lance briggs is much better than any 6th pick in the draft. I dont know why some idiots think otherwise.

The kind of trade the Redskins will propose makes more sense for all of the parties involved. There have been rumors for much of the offseason that the Redskins wanted to trade out of the No. 6 slot in the first round. And a deal for Briggs, one of the NFL's top young linebackers, would represent the kind of big splash Snyder likes to make. It would also allow Chicago to get value for Briggs and to rid itself of an unhappy player.

A former University of Arizona standout, Briggs was chosen by the Bears in the third round of the 2003 draft. He earned a starting job as a rookie, emerged by his third season as one of the NFL's top young weakside linebackers, and was chosen for the Pro Bowl in each of the past two seasons.

Even playing in the lengthy shadow of middle linebacker Brian Urlacher, with whom he has become close friends, Briggs is regarded leaguewide as a top defender and playmaker.

Remember these words now. If we do happen to make this deal, less than a year from now, you will find Mr. Pasquarelli bashing the Redskins for such a ludicrous move.

I refuse to believe we're this dumb. Our FO CANNOT be this retarded. We've made some mistakes - yes, but this would outright take the cake - after all we've been through in FA in recent years.

That said - I would actually do it if they threw in their 2nd too (#37 I believe). That would be 3 probable starters for 1. However, I don't believe we're capable enough to actually pull off a trade that works in our long-term best interest.

If we move down to 31st and get Briggs our FO stupid.I am starting to realize that we will never have a chance to win another SB.Snyder is killing this team more and more every year.Everyone better get ready to say good bye to Cooley,because we wont be able to afford him if we sign Briggs.Just when i thought we were getting smart we take another step back.I am so sick of how this team is ran,what a joke.:doh:

I love being a redskin fan. You people that dont appreciate Dan Snyder and Drew Rosenagent, dont appreciate sean taylor, santana, portis and some other players as well.

Lance briggs is much better than any 6th pick in the draft. I dont know why some idiots think otherwise.

Okay...we'll let things play out and see how much better Briggs is than Lemar was in '05 (when he was healthy). Idiot?...dude I know more about this team sleeping than you do awake :laugh: Dan Snyder has done what for this organization?...

You got it all wrong. Snyder did one good thing in 8 phuckin' years...he got Gibbs. Gibbs got Portis, Taylor, Moss, etc...

Gibbs, not Rosenhaus or Snyder. You can thank Gibbs. ;)

HTTR

You might want to cool it with the idiot talk. Your opinion isn't better than anyone elses.

And it's not about whether Briggs would be better than the 6th pick in this draft. Unless you have a crystal ball there is no way of telling. For me, it's the fact that we gave up so much to get Rocky McIntosh last year and now all that is thrown out the window. Just proves how this front office has no vision and can't plan for the long term.

The grass is always greener on the other side mentality has got to go. It's why we are where we are.

You might want to cool it with the idiot talk. Your opinion isn't better than anyone elses.

And it's not about whether Briggs would be better than the 6th pick in this draft. Unless you have a crystal ball there is no way of telling. For me, it's the fact that we gave up so much to get Rocky McIntosh last year and now all that is thrown out the window. Just proves how this front office has no vision and can't plan for the long term.

The grass is always greener on the other side mentality has got to go. It's why we are where we are.

Yeah we give up on rocky and we still can trade down at 6.Not to mention CJ could fall to us and i would rather have CJ over Briggs.Some of the people around need to wake up and see we dont need Briggs.Marshall played good at OLB.Marshall and Rocky can battle it our for the start spot.The addition of Fletcher makes our LBs a 100 times better.

What has Gibbs and his players got us the last 3 years.Lets see our record for 3 years is 21 wins and 27 loses.Yeah your right our front office knows what its doing.Snyder is a jack*** and it shows at this time every year.:doh:

Okay...we'll let things play out and see how much better Briggs is than Lemar was in '05 (when he was healthy). Idiot?...dude I know more about this team sleeping than you do awake :laugh: Dan Snyder has done what for this organization?...

You got it all wrong. Snyder did one good thing in 15 phuckin' years...he got Gibbs. Gibbs got Portis, Taylor, Moss, etc...

Gibbs, not Rosenhaus or Snyder. You can thank Gibbs. ;)

HTTR

Listen dude. You better wake up, Snyder has the cash to get these kind of players, they didnt come cheap. We've been able to sign huge deals and get away with it for the past couple of years. I know.. we havent gone to the superbowl in a while. But like most people you dont understand how hard it is to get to the superbowl.

Rosenhaus and the redskins are smart they both are at the top of their business fields. Redkins most valuble franchise in football, Rosenhaus the best agent in football.

They know that briggs wants out and costing us only a 6th pick in a weak draft? Yea i would do that.

What has Gibbs and his players got us the last 3 years.Lets see our record for 3 years is 21 wins and 27 loses.Yeah your right our front office knows what its doing.Snyder is a jack*** and it shows at this time every year.:doh:

I agree but we did go to the playoffs in Gibbs II second season. That you can't deny. Yes, our record blows but you have to give it a couple (two or three) more years to see how things pan out. With Snyder and VC, I fear the worst. Here's hopin' Gibbs can keep this thing afloat...are we still above water :paranoid: :silly:

Yeah we give up on rocky and we still can trade down at 6.Not to mention CJ could fall to us and i would rather have CJ over Briggs.Some of the people around need to wake up and see we dont need Briggs.Marshall played good at OLB.Marshall and Rocky can battle it our for the start spot.The addition of Fletcher makes our LBs a 100 times better.

Yeah, and besides all that... we have many needs that should come before picking up yet another LB. DE, DT, SS and Guard are much higher priorities.

8 years...was thinking our last SB win sorry give or take a couple months ;)

Edit>hell, I wish I could blame the last 15 years on Snyder. Dude has got no clue... :doh: He did one good thing though...he hired Gibbs :applause: :D

Or more like 84 months lol... ;)

And thank GOD he did bring in Gibbs, you're right... :cheers:

However, I also credit Snyder with:

- Firing Casserly

- Firing Norv

- Bringing in Samuels, Dockery, Betts and Arrington (regardless of how we all feel about him now, he was easily the fan favorite for 4 years, and rightly so)

- Turning the franchise into THE most profitable in the NFL, which leads to Gibbs being able to bring in the Portises, Mosses and the rest

Archived