Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Article on Briggs..."a strong likelyhood" according to Rosenhaus

LoudMouth12thMan

No, I think that would be a bad trade for us. Good for the bears, but bad for the skins. We could trade down off the #6 pick and get a mid first-round and a second and third round pick. Even if Briggs is really good, that won't make-up for the big hole in the interior of the D-line. We need a space hogging DT and a cover corner more than a weak-side LB.

Knowing the skins we'll trade some picks from next year and our #31 to move back up to 12-15 and still get a decent lineman. Then next year we'll trade our picks from 2009 to get more in 2008, and then 2009 trade 2010 and so on. I happen to like this move if we can land some d-line help as well.

Listen dude. You better wake up, Snyder has the cash to get these kind of players, they didnt come cheap. We've been able to sign huge deals and get away with it for the past couple of years. I know.. we havent gone to the superbowl in a while. But like most people you dont understand how hard it is to get to the superbowl.

Rosenhaus and the redskins are smart they both are at the top of their business fields. Redkins most valuble franchise in football, Rosenhaus the best agent in football.

They know that briggs wants out and costing us only a 6th pick in a weak draft? Yea i would do that.

You have your pants around your ankles..."weak draft..?" Wow, you're 'bout the only person I've heard say that...by the way Snyder has only owned the Skins for 8 yrs. (my mistake...was thinking last SB win). Anyway, Rosenhaus is great, but what does that have to do with the price of eggs in China? The Redskins are smart? :yikes: No, Gibbs is smart and he's having to deal with Dumb and Dumber in the FO b/c they keep creaming on themselves everytime they get a shot at a "big game" free agent. No wonder we're the laughing stock of the NFL. You're so wrong on this dude. No offense but doing this would be retarded and only proves that we don't have a "smart" FO. Whether we win a SB this year or not is irrelevant b/c it won't be b/c we picked up Briggs, if we do. :2cents:

HTTR

Some quotes from the Ravens board:

Wow. That is a bold move by a team that can't say no to a big name.

--------

This is why the Redskins FO is the biggest joke in pro-football.

If they only understood the benefits of developing in-house talent. They are obsessed with big names. You would think they would learn from their mistakes, but they don't. They continue to turn over players and coaches year in and year out. They'll never have a cohesive team unit with such a ridiculous influx of veterans and big-name players.

That organization is a fu.cking joke.

--------

The Eagles just got Takeo Spikes and a backup QB for Darwin Walker and the Skins offer their most valuable commodity for Lance Briggs. Unreal.

--------

Again, lets be very thankful that we have Ozzie Newsome.

whats worse?

Texans trade for Schaub or Skins trade for Briggs?

--------

LMAO!! will the skins never learn?

I'm waiting for the 17 year 724 million dollar contract the skins are going to offer.

--------

I am so glad we have such a great staff. The skins better be getting all of da Bears LB's to be considering this trade. Just crazy. In Ozzie I trust!

I hate to be negative, but we've earned our reputation around the league.

If Briggs was the missing piece to the SB i would say do it.The thing is we don't need him its just another big name thats all.Snyder hears a big name and he has to have him.All he is doing is running the Skins like we do are Madden games.He thinks he can pick up who ever he wants and make it work.The problem is this isn't Madden and we aren't one player away from a SB.Most teams make moves like this because they are close.I am sorry a 5 win team that adds 2 LBs and a CB is not a SB team.Its time for our owner to wake up.

Rosenhaus and the redskins are smart they both are at the top of their business fields. Redkins most valuble franchise in football, Rosenhaus the best agent in football.

Riiiiiiiiiggghhhht - because it's all about the "value of the franchise". Screw actually WINNING.

[/sarcasm]

Or more like 84 months lol... ;)

And thank GOD he did bring in Gibbs, you're right... :cheers:

However, I also credit Snyder with:

- Firing Casserly

- Firing Norv

- Bringing in Samuels, Dockery, Betts and Arrington (regardless of how we all feel about him now, he was easily the fan favorite for 4 years, and rightly so)

- Turning the franchise into THE most profitable in the NFL, which leads to Gibbs being able to bring in the Portises, Mosses and the rest

8 years...(corrected immediately but unlike chucko' in the 4th post, you and some of the other faithful know your stuff better than me ;)

Snyder=smart business man

Snyder=bad player evaluator; has not hired a real "GM" to date.

See, you can tell who Gibbs gets and who Snyder gets. Clark wasn't re-signed b/c Snyder/GW wanted the "big game" FA. Samuels, Dock, Betts, and Mr. Crutches were a combination of luck and no brainer talent evaluation. Samuels and Arrington are 'bout the only Pro Bowlers Snyder had to do with. Gibbs should have had two or three more in '05 and had what?...two or three in '04 Samuels/Washington I believe. Gibbs is the man, Snyder is the "business man", but Snyder keeps tryin' to pay the bucks for that "franchise changing" FA acquisition and has flopped on it ever since he's been here :2cents:

Come on dudes, the LB core is solidified now, the Line has holes. We need a whole team not just an incredible core at one position. Thats one of the big reasons the skins haven't gone to the SB in a while--we haven't had a complete team. This year we're very close to getting one. The lines are the last projects... yes we don't need CJ our receivers are good enough to go all the way.

I am a fan and i will be a fan until the day i die.I am just starting to wonder why in the **** am i a fan again.I am 22 and i can't remeber my team winning a SB.I am starting to wonder if we are going to win a SB in my time.The only thing i got going for me is that i should out live Snyder.Other than that i am really starting to wonder.

If this trade goes through I'm getting banned for life on this website. I pray it doesn't but folks all the free agents look to the Redskins/Snyder for nothing more than a big fat free ride. what a joke we are...

I agree 100% we are a joke and every year it gets worst.If we sign Briggs say good bye to Cooley.I mean we are about 5 million under right now why not give Cooley the contract he deserves.No we just give all our money to other players.Theres no such thing is giving our own players money.Its always about the big named players.

That said - I would actually do it if they threw in their 2nd too (#37 I believe). That would be 3 probable starters for 1. However, I don't believe we're capable enough to actually pull off a trade that works in our long-term best interest.

I agree, throw in their #2 pick and I'm on. Otherwise this is not a very good deal.

Whether we need another LB or not (which we don't), that is a very high price for a player who already went on the record who would rather sit on the bench than play for the Bears.

I am a fan and i will be a fan until the day i die.I am just starting to wonder why in the **** am i a fan again.I am 22 and i can't remeber my team winning a SB.I am starting to wonder if we are going to win a SB in my time.The only thing i got going for me is that i should out live Snyder.Other than that i am really starting to wonder.

Don't say that man :) I jumped off the bandwagon around the time the Cowboys were winning their SB's in the 90's and jumped back on a couple of years later...only to deal w/ Snyder's ass :laugh: I still regret that couple of years I didn't follow football at all. I was pissed, and just payed attention to B-ball until Jordan, Magic, and Bird left the court. Now I'm stuck and gotdamnit so are you :laugh:

HTTR

Some quotes from the Ravens board:

I hate to be negative, but we've our reputation around the league.

All we are telling the league and fans by jumping on these "idiot" deals is that we can't assess talent in the draft. I'm praying this is just a rumor and Rosenhaus shooting off that huge mouth of his...

All we are telling the league and fans by jumping on these "idiot" deals is that we can't assess talent in the draft. I'm praying this is just a rumor and Rosenhaus shooting off that huge mouth of his...

Yet we have Taylor and Cooley.Not to mention Rocky,Jason and Rogers could prove to be good picks.We are good at getting players in the draft.We just never have any pick to get players with.Its more important to get big name players than rookies thats why we lose year after year.

The trade is lies. It is not possible. They have Rocky, Washington, Fletcher, Marshall

Unless Washington has some serious injury and is going to retire the trade does not make sense.

They were not even trying to scout linbackers with the 6th pick. They did not bring 1 linebacker in for a workout.

It was all defensive linemen and they went to GT pro day for CJ.

It is also intriguing on the way this was brought to light. Drew Rosenhaus, as an agent, notified ESPN.com about the Redskin proposal. Usually the reason a trade is announced BEFORE it is even proposed is to drive up market price between different teams.

It is also intriguing on the way this was brought to light. Drew Rosenhaus, as an agent, notified ESPN.com about the Redskin proposal. Usually the reason a trade is announced BEFORE it is even proposed is to drive up market price between different teams.

Its lies to pressure the Bears and other teams to make a trade.

This is not even a Snyder move. Briggs would not move jerseys,

Calvin Johnson would.

We believe everything.

Having amazing linebackers is fine...but linebackers are only as good as the dline allows them to be. If we continue having a sub par line, our defense will continue to be subpar. As exciting as this would be, I really see no problem with letting Rocky and Marshall fight it out for that spot in training camp and pick a space filling tackle next to Griffin. Having 2 outstanding tackles would make our mediocre d ends acceptable.

Archived