Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What METH can do for you.

aREDSKIN

Look at that stack of money.

28453846.jpg

Stack of cash

Mexico meth raid yields $205 million in U.S. cash

Authorities say it's the largest drug money haul in history and reflects a vast global trade.

By H–ctor Tobar and Carlos Mart–nez, Times Staff Writers

March 17, 2007

MEXICO CITY — Authorities confiscated more than $200 million in U.S. currency from methamphetamine producers in one of this city's ritziest neighborhoods, they said Friday, calling it the largest drug cash seizure in history.

The seizure reflected the vast scope of an illegal drug trade linking Asia, Mexico and the United States, officials said. Two of the seven people arrested Thursday at a faux Mediterranean villa in the Lomas de Chapultepec neighborhood were Chinese nationals.

The group was part of a larger drug-trafficking organization that imports "precursor chemicals" from companies in India and China for processing into methamphetamine in Mexican "super labs," authorities said. The methamphetamine is eventually sold in the United States.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-meth17mar17,0,5741023.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Don't know why, but I'm looking at what looks like some home made signs on the L wall, next to the money, labeled "SEIZED". (As near as I can tell.)

I'm also wondering: What are the odds of the government scaring people into getting out of this business, when there's this kind of money in it?

Oh, I get it.

PokerPacker makes a post which says absolutely nothing about the subject other than to tell people to go read something else, without giving them any indication as to what it says or why it's relevant.

So you decided that the way to point this out was to post a link, also without giving any indication as to what it says or why it's relevant, and furthermore a link which won't say anything about the subject even if people do read it.

Have I got it?

Oh, I get it.

PokerPacker makes a post which says absolutely nothing about the subject other than to tell people to go read something else, without giving them any indication as to what it says or why it's relevant.

So you decided that the way to point this out was to post a link, also without giving any indication as to what it says or why it's relevant, and furthermore a link which won't say anything about the subject even if people do read it.

Have I got it?

that's right :thumbsup:

so if you REALLY want to know what that chapter of freakanomics is talking about, i'll do my best to describe it, but i won't do it any justice.

a harvard student wanted to know more about gangs, so he decided to go to chicago and walked into a building that happened to hold a sect of the "diciples of africa" gang. eventually deciding against killing them their leader, an economics major, welcomes him to stay with them and learn about them. long story short: eventually he gives the harvard student all of his financial notebooks that show all funds spent and recieved. these notebooks showed that unless you were near the top of the pyramid of the gang, you not only didn't make a fortune, but you didn't even make minimum wage. people joined the gang knowing they'd make **** for money, but joined because they wanted respect, and they had dreams of becoming one of the top members who makes the big money. JT(the leader) went on to talk about how much he dislikes the media portrayal of gangs because gang members will then try to imitate the media portrayal and start gang wars. gang wars, which are bad for business.

you can buy Beyonce with Meth? :whoknows: maybe THAT'S why Jay-Z is dating her? :laugh:

About those 2 dating. Someone wrote somthing about why they shouldnt date.

Taken from http://www.playahata.com/pages/oya/beyoncejayz.htm

Okay, I know what you're thinking. What on Earth am I doing focusing on Jay Z, Beyonce and their relationship? Well, they put it out there for me to think about. I couldn't change the channel at any point without seeing the video to their duet, "'03 Bonnie and Clyde", so that was my introduction to the fact that they were in a relationship. And you know how overprotective Beyonce's father, Matthew Knowles is, so I was quite surprised to see them together. However, you can clearly see daddy's influence because although Jay Z and Beyonce are together, Mr. Knowles was not even tryin' to let Beyonce become somebody's video ho. They are never even shown kissing and she is mostly clothed throughout the video. When she isn't, she's in a tasteful bikini and with the exception of her horse, she is by herself, Jay Z ain't nowhere around. Now you and I both know that were it up to Jay Z and the Roc-A-Fella crew, Beyonce might have been half naked and Jay Z would have been rubbin' on the "boo-oo-ty, the b-b-b-b-boo-ty!" (LOL)

The truth of the matter is that I don't really know why Jay Z and Beyonce broke up or even if they have. When they were first dating, they were seen together in the Bahamas and also at an NBA game. And then the video. But in March 2003, rumors began of their split and Jay Z is reputed to have said that his new video doesn't include Beyonce because she's out of the picture. On KissFM's website, under the title, "Splitsville for Jay Z / Beyonce," Hova was reported to have made a rather "gayish" comment if I may say so myself (LOL):

Jay-Z has reportedly dumped Destiny's Child singer Beyonce Knowles. In an upcoming "Playboy" interview, Jay-Z says, "I used to see her all the time. We're not engaged or anything. We're just cool. We're just friends. Me and (record label pal) Memphis Bleek, we're tighter. He's been with me since 1994. Between Beyonce and him? Beyonces got to go." The breakup rumors began last Wednesday, when Jay-Z was spotted with a mystery girl at a party for record exec Andre Harrell in New York City.

In April 2003, "The A-List" on Africana.com reported that Beyonce broke up with Jay Z and is now dating his rival, 50 Cent, stating that apparently she has "thug passion" and could go the way of Whitney Houston. On May 1, 2003 a celebrity wire said Beyonce left her family home in preparation for a marriage to Jay Z and that she also bought three homes in Miami, Florida's "Millionaire's Row." But most recently there's Missy Elliott who chimes in on a recent song telling Beyonce not to sit at home, etc, but Beyonce sings that she isn't going to go out because she still "loves him." Another report on MTV said Hova and B are going to be in the studio shortly to record their latest track. I don't know if they have truly broken up or not but I hope they write a better love song, that's for sure. And if their collaboration was any indication of their relationship, I am more inclined to believe that they have broken up---or will. When we pay attention to the lyrics that these artists write, it reveals something about their mentality. So, my main point is that the Jay Z and Beyonce break up might be because of the very lyrics that told the world they were together--- "'03 Bonnie and Clyde." Just follow me for a minute and let's have some fun in the process.

First of all, the song starts off pretty nice, with Jay Z askin, "You ready B? Let's go get 'em." Okay, that's cool. We have an image of a young couple excited and free, "cruisin' down the Westside highway / doing what [they] like to do [their] way." That's almost every adolescent's dream. A car, free time, the company of their loved one and no parents to tell them when to be home or not to have sex. Let's keep in mind that neither Jay Z or Beyonce are teenagers, however, teenagers are the ones that mostly buy this pop music and these ideas are marketed to them. Anyway, as wonderful as the song begins, everything goes downhill after the first few lines.

Jay Z then tells us that because of his necklace, he always has blind dates. That's an excellent play on words because it seems as if he's saying that because he has a lot of money (evidenced by his platinum and diamond necklace), that he has to be set up on blind dates so he won't be judged for his money and the ladies won't get to see what's inside of his heart and miss his wholesome goodness. LOL Knowing Jay Z, though, what he actually means is that his dates often end up blind because of the power of his "bling-bling" (evidenced by his platinum and diamond necklace) that sparkles too bright and knocks out their eyesight. BUT, BUT, BUT, he tells us . . . TODAY IS A NEW DAY! Today, Jay Z tell us, "I got my thoroughest girl wit' me". Now, let's just stop right there. The suffix -est could mean that he has more than one woman in mind. I realize you probably don't believe me, so let's just go to the dictionary, shall we?:

-est1

suff.

Used to form the superlative degree of adjectives and adverbs: greatest; earliest.

[Middle English, from Old English -est, -ast, -ost.]

Excellent!

Now, what this means is that if you think Haagen Dazs is a great ice cream, you might still say that Ben & Jerry's is the "greatest" of them all. I've often heard of a brotha braggin' on the woman in his life but I have never heard any man say that he had his "best" or "thoroughest" girlfriend with him unless he was a pimp. And it wasn't so long ago that Jay Z told us that he would never fall in love and that he was nothing but a Big Pimp, am I lyin'?

Okay, I'm not saying this proves that Jay-Z was cheating, only that this description of Beyonce is problematic already, so we will have to ignore his previous lyrics for now and see what the rest of this song says. Well, I don't get too far because he then says that, "she rides with me." This doesn't seem like a big deal except that this is what Jay Z said about women who ride with him in "Big Pimpin":

Me give my heart to a woman? / Not for nothin, never happen

I'll be forever mackin / Heart cold as assassins,

I got no passion I got no patience And I hate waitin..

Hoe get yo' ass in

And let's RI-I-I-I-I-IDE.. check em out now

RI-I-I-I-I-IDE, yeah / And let's RI-I-I-I-I-IDE.. check em out now

RI-I-I-I-I-IDE, yeah

I often hear rappers say that if you're not a "*****" or a "hoe" then none of this applies to you. Okay, so please tell me why the word "woman" here is used in its general sense and then when he takes this "woman" for a ride, he declares his impatience and says "hoe get yo' ass in"? I wonder if Beyonce was a woman when she was "cruisin' down the Westside highway" or if she was a hoe?

Hey, I don't know. I don't make this stuff up, I just analyze it. Alright, so we're movin' on past Beyonce bein' the "thoroughest" girl who's goin' for a "ride" and then Jay Z tells us that they are "like Bobby and Whitney." See, everytime I try to give this brotha a chance, he fails. Why on Earth would anybody want to be a couple like Bobby and Whitney?! Have we forgotten that Bobby had like four or five children BEFORE he ever got with Whitney? Have we forgotten that BOTH Bobby and Whitney are CRACKHEADS??!! Don't get me wrong, I used to jam to "My Prerogative" and I have always loved Whitney Houston. But anybody who has one lick of sense knows that this is a seriously troubled relationship and these two should NOT be used as the model for successful Black male and female relationships by ANY stretch of the imagination!! You would think Bobby Brown would grow up but every time you turn around, he is being arrested for something else, refuses to get help for his own alleged drug addiction and he just came out singing about his "thug lovin'" with Ja Rule. I just can't take it anymore. And when you talk to Whitney, she is still in denial and thinks Jesus is going to reappear to specifically come and take that cocaine out of her nose. What a sad, sad day when we use Whitney and Bobby as our model for Black love. They are the epitome of enabling their drug dependencies right now and this is not what love is all about. But then again, this is the '03 Bonnie and Clyde and we all know that the earlier Bonnie and Clyde chose to die together, so maybe that's what Jay Z and Beyonce want to do. Is there anybody that would actually like to LIVE these days? Let me move on.

They profess their love when Jay Z sings, "all I need in this life of sin is me and my girlfriend" and Beyonce says, "down to ride 'til the very end, it's me and my boyfriend." I don't know what Daddy Knowles had to say about that one but Beyonce is supposed to be a good, Christian young woman so I'm not sure where this whole glorification of "a life of sin" fits into their lives and I have already addressed how Jay Z wants his women to "ride" with him---but I'm just giving you clear reasons as to why I think they broke up. (LOL)

Next it's relationship advice from Jay Z. He tells the fellas:

The problem is, you dudes treat the one that you lovin' /

with the same respect that you treat the one that you humpin'

Now that ain't 'bout nuthin' /

if ever you mad about somethin' It won't be that /

oh no it won't be that / I don't be at /

places where we comfy at With no be-atch / oh no you won't see that

Okay, now earlier you may have been upset because I focused too heavily on Beyonce being his "thoroughest" girl but if this doesn't do it for you, then there is nothing more I can say. Why on Earth is Jay Z giving advice on how to treat the one you love versus the one that you're humping? Is Beyonce down with that? Does she know that she is the one that is being loved while the others are just being humped? I'm not so sure she agreed to that in their relationship. And then, Jay Z says he'll never be with any ***** (pronounced be-atch) wherever he and Beyonce (the one he's lovin') usually hang out and feel comfortable. Well, I find that extremely considerate of Jay Z not to flaunt his other "****es and hoes" in Beyonce's face. I'm sure that makes for an extremely healthy relationship. The love is overflowing here; but at least Jay Z tells us he's "not perfect" and wants Beyonce to work with him.

Apparently, she's down for workin' with him because she declares her undying love and loyalty as she pledges an oath to her boyfriend. Now, according to her, "nobody or nothing will ever come between us." We already know that's not true because their relationship seems to be over faster than we could get to the '04 Bonnie and Clyde but while she was still enamored with her boo, she told him that she promises to give her life and all of her trust.

Well, hey, I really don't know what to make of these two. Beyonce doesn't seem like the type of woman who would settle for being "one of the many" girlfriends Jay Z might have. She doesn't seem like she would want to be included in the long list of "hoes and ****es" Jay Z spends time with and I am not sure that her idea of "ridin'" is the same as his idea of "ridin'" but they do seem to coincide. Ridin' for her not only means getting into a nice vehicle like a Mercedes Benz or his Bentley but it also means riding next to him for the rest of her life and standing by her man. For Jay Z, "ridin'" seems to be not only "cruisin' down the Westside highway" with his hoe who had to get her ass in the car but also being committed when it was convenient and making sure that at the very least, his other hoes and ****es wouldn't ride in the same comfy cars or hang out in the same clubs or nail salons where Beyonce might be found.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not writing this just to bash Jay Z. I think he and Beyonce are both two ghettofabulous souls that very well may have been good for each other. But one thing that seems obvious to me is that 33 year old Jay Z is far more "worldly" than 21 year old Beyonce and she has yet to sort out the contradictory strong influences between her father, her church, her ghettofabulous mom and the close-knit ties they have all kept on her throughout her career. She seems to be searching for herself but I see more trouble coming down the road for her because her most recent remake of "In Da Club" now makes it seem like she's completely cool with "thug lovin'" and she no longer wants a relationship. Indeed, she sings:

Go shorty, it's Beyonce, We gon' party like, it's ya birthday, /

We gettin' naughty like, it's ya birthday /

So put ya drink up in the air if you feel sexy! /

You can find me in the club, sippin' on some bub, /

Daddy I got what you need you's a sexy little thug, /

Don't wanna be your girl I ain't lookin' for no love, /

So come give me a hug, sexy little thug. /

My nails, my hair my diamond rings,

Shining with all my fancy things, /

My crib, my car, my clothes, my jewels, /

Why you mad? Cause I came up and I ain't changed.

Oh for heaven's sake . . . You need to change, Beyonce. Don't let a short-lived, failed relationship leave you jaded. Jay Z may have never loved you in the first place because he doesn't appear to know what love is and I think deep down inside, he hates women, sweetie, so don't take it personally.

As for Jay Z, he seems to be doing what he's always done---Big Pimpin'. It's a shame because he seems to be the kind of person that would want to have real love but even his latest video for "Excuse Me, Miss" shows that for him, it's all about seeing a half-naked woman in a club whom he takes on a private jet ride and then let's her pick a car for every day of the week. He may even marry this woman if he can ever figure out her name. And women are somehow supposed to be flattered because this time he says, "Excuse me, Miss." I'm sure he said the same thing to Miss Beyonce before she became his "thoroughest" girl as well. Fellas, Jay Z should not be your role model for relationships no matter how many cars he has. You can only drive one at a time, champ, and get ready to call Geico Insurance because taking care of all of those cars is costly. Ladies, be careful, you still have to get in the car and ride. Let's hope you both agree on what that means.

[*There are conflicting reports about whether Jay-Z and Beyonce have actually broken up, I don't know if they have truly broken up or not, but next time I hope they write a better love song, that's for sure.]

Goddess Oya

Released: May 8th, 2003

Have I got it?

You're part right, I think.

You'll have to read the article. :)

Not quite. Erdos was one of the most prolific mathematicians of the 20th century. He never had a real job, he was just supported by various other mathematicians who wanted to work with him. He was also an amphetamine addict. So in response to the question what can meth do for you, I figured I'd post an interesting story about someone who used meth to get amazing things done.

Oh, I get it.

Have I got it?

Archived