Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We're All Gonna Fly . . . . Yyyyeeeeeeaaaaahhhhh!

headexplode

Today, I wanted to do something a little different. I just wanted to say, I've been posting here lately and I noticed that I use a lot of sarcasm, you might even say I use it as a crutch, because I have nothing good to say, nothing to contribute. All I offer is negativity and jokes because really, I'm hollow inside, and my mom took me off the nip too early.

But this is the new headexplode. I've been transformed, so to speak, and I want to contribute something positive to the ES community. There are too many threads on here about the end of the world, the eruption of super-volcanoes, wars, corrupt politicians running amok, the indoctrination of our youth by a very sinister yet sensibly dressed gay agenda, and all the other bad things in the world. So I want this thread to stay completely positive. Just come on and say anything that might brighten up someone's rainy day. (LOLJKJKLOL I am so clever.) Talk about how you will help the world be a better place today. Talk about how someone made you smile on the metro this morning. Remember, together, we can send those dark clouds away!!!

And remember, no sarcasm or mean-spirited responses, PUHLEASE!

I'll start off:

Today I'm going to start working on a new project I've been thinking about lately. It's called Feed the Children . . . . To the Homeless. The idea is simple: in this country today there are millions of unwanted children, and millions of starving homeless people. I think I've found an answer. I'm not sure about the logistics, but I figure one unwanted child could feed a homeless person for a month, so long as he or she is not greedy. Chop 'em up, drop them in some boullion for flavor and serve with a smile.

So that's it, folks. Now show the ES'ers how you're going to fly today.

Today I'm going to start working on a new project I've been thinking about lately. It's called Feed the Children . . . . To the Homeless. The idea is simple: in this country today there are millions of unwanted children, and millions of starving homeless people. I think I've found an answer. I'm not sure about the logistics, but I figure one unwanted child could feed a homeless person for a month, so long as he or she is not greedy. Chop 'em up, drop them in some boullion for flavor and serve with a smile.

Hmm. Pretty sure I've heard that bit before.

Funny though, in a :paranoid: kind of way.

I think you guys have missed the point of the thread. That is, to say something positive about the world and shine your light for all to see. I don't see much shining going on here. Come on people, get positive!

If my idea is a George Carlin bit, then I am unawares of this coincident, but it nevertheless is still a good idea. You negative Nancies offer critisicm but no solution.

To me it sounds like you plagiarize.:whoknows:

I can assure you I've never read or even heard about this piece. That's a pretty insulting accusation.

Because I'm sure you've never thought anything that someone else has thought in the history of man.

It sounds like I'm not alone.

Again, though, it's just an idea. Come up with some on your own. How are you going to help heal the world?

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193218

I'm going to spread the good word by selling Christian CD's to travelers at rest stops on the New Jersey Turnpike.

. . .and so help me god, if those ****s don't buy. . .

Today, I wanted to do something a little different. I just wanted to say, I've been posting here lately and I noticed that I use a lot of sarcasm, you might even say I use it as a crutch, because I have nothing good to say, nothing to contribute. All I offer is negativity and jokes because really, I'm hollow inside, and my mom took me off the nip too early.

But this is the new headexplode. I've been transformed, so to speak, and I want to contribute something positive to the ES community. There are too many threads on here about the end of the world, the eruption of super-volcanoes, wars, corrupt politicians running amok, the indoctrination of our youth by a very sinister yet sensibly dressed gay agenda, and all the other bad things in the world. So I want this thread to stay completely positive. Just come on and say anything that might brighten up someone's rainy day. (LOLJKJKLOL I am so clever.) Talk about how you will help the world be a better place today. Talk about how someone made you smile on the metro this morning. Remember, together, we can send those dark clouds away!!!

And remember, no sarcasm or mean-spirited responses, PUHLEASE!

I'll start off:

So that's it, folks. Now show the ES'ers how you're going to fly today.

I'm sorry but I don't do anything without Sarcasm..

I can assure you I've never read or even heard about this piece. That's a pretty insulting accusation.

Because I'm sure you've never thought anything that someone else has thought in the history of man.

I'm going it to make my mission to educate the shockingly uneducated - particularly on the Irish literary treasures. I find it distressing that an adult with basic literary skills has not read the works of Jonathan Swift, or at least heard of 'A modest proposal'. :)

For those who like humor, on your reading list for this weekend are the works of Myles Na Gopaleen, aka Flann O'Brien.

The Third Policeman is a good place to start.

From the cover: "THE THIRD POLICEMAN is Flann O'Brien's brilliant comic novel about the nature of time, death, and existence. Told by a narrator who has committed a botched robbery and brutal murder, the novel follows him and his adventures in a two-dimensional police station where he is intruduced to "Atomic Theory" and its relation to bicycles, the existence of eternity (which turns out to be just down the road), and the view that the earth is not round but "sausage-shaped."

I heard that this book was recently featured in Lost.

I'm going it to make my mission to educated the shockingly uneducated - particularly on the Irish literary treasures. I find it distressing that an adult with basic literary skills has not read the works of Jonathan Swift, or at least heard of 'A modest proposal'. :)

For those who like humor, on your reading list for this weekend are the works of Myles Na Gopaleen, aka Flann O'Brien.

The Third Policeman is a good place to start.

From the cover: "THE THIRD POLICEMAN is Flann O'Brien's brilliant comic novel about the nature of time, death, and existence. Told by a narrator who has committed a botched robbery and brutal murder, the novel follows him and his adventures in a two-dimensional police station where he is intruduced to "Atomic Theory" and its relation to bicycles, the existence of eternity (which turns out to be just down the road), and the view that the earth is not round but "sausage-shaped."

I heard that this book was recently featured in Lost.

Not only am I a plagiarist, but now I am also "shockingly uneducated" because I've never read Swift. I guess I picked the wrong day to start a thread. Personally, I like Poe and Bierce and Mencken, but I guess they're not good enough. If I haven't read Swift I am a moron, wholly unworthy to post on this board or even use the English language. I know now that next time I have a silly idea and want to share it with the community, I will consult the ever-sagacious rictus58 and Sisyphus to make sure it is up to par with the rest of the board.

For now, I think I'll just sit here with a thumb up my ass. (Oh, ****, I think I plagiarized that statement.)

Not only am I a plagiarist, but now I am also "shockingly uneducated" because I've never read Swift. I guess I picked the wrong day to start a thread. Personally, I like Poe and Bierce and Mencken, but I guess they're not good enough. If I haven't read Swift I am a moron, wholly unworthy to post on this board or even use the English language. I know now that next time I have a silly idea and want to share it with the community, I will consult the ever-sagacious rictus58 and Sisyphus to make sure it is up to par with the rest of the board.

For now, I think I'll just sit here with a thumb up my ass. (Oh, ****, I think I plagiarized that statement.)

Damn you did kind of take an unfair beating for trying to start a fun thread with a good purpose. I thought it was funny. :)

I think the OP's skin is a little thin, to tell you the truth. If you're gonna come to this riot of a forum with a witheringly dry-humored, semi-sarcastic thread idea like this (forgetting for a moment that the punch line was one I respectfully suggest may not have been wholly original), seems to me you oughta be prepared to take as good as you give.

:flowers: I'm at a loss to understand how my firm and swift kick to the nuts could have been interpreted as being unfriendly. :whoknows:;)

Thanks, rincewind, I guess you never know what will stir the wolves from their slumber (quick, someone, is that plagiarized?).

Well if you had said lions from slumber, the angry literary mob would have been braying about Shelley, but I'll let wolves from slumber pass. :)

Archived