Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT Dolphins want to Trade up(Rumor)

D-Day

If I were the raiders, id trade Moss for Schaub in a heartbeat. Moss is only going to garner a 2nd rounder at best(probobly third) and its gonna take more than that to get Schaub from the falcons. Moss doesnt want to be there, and Schaub has been very promising. Plus he gives the Raiders a win now option at QB, allowing them to draft CJ and have a WR to replace Moss with. Win win.

i know schaub played brilliantly against the pats in that 1 game, but really what else has he shown? it could have been luck in that game.

The biggest questionmark in this draft is who the Bucs will take. I can honestly see the other 4 picks not being Calvin Johnson, but the Bucs seriously need a WR and will probably take him at #4.

The Raiders have to get a QB, there's no doubt about that. The Lions have to take Thomas, that's another sure bet, but I can see them taking Quinn too. The Browns will definitely take Peterson because Lewis doesn't have much left in the tank. The Cards will take defense since that's their biggest hole to fill, unless they take Brown from Penn State. The Bucs seriously need youth on their defense, and Clayton may be ok this year. They also have the kid from Notre Dame who's said to be a starter going into training camp. I see the Bucs taking Branch, which allows Johnson to fall in our lap.

Calvin Johnson's workout has blown up the Draft. The Skins will not trade down ... only up. CJ will be taken No. 1. Several teams then will compete for Russell and Quinn. One of these teams will end up swapping Russell or Quinn to Oakland for CJ. The price will be next year's No. 1 (2008). Is CJ worth two No. 1 picks including a No. I No. 1 this year?

One could argue that both Russell and Rodgers are starting from essentially the same place. Russell may be a better athlete, but Rodgers has the same freshness and has experienced the speed of the pro game. One could also argue that Randy's best days are behind him, and Rodgers throwing to Johnson is a lot better than Russell throwing to Moss.

he hasn't played a single nfl game from start to finish - that doesn't qualify as experience. Might as well trade moss for ramsey and then draft CJ - he was a former 1st rounder right? after all the only possible reason the raiders would even consider picking up rodgers is because he was a first rounder which isn't nearly enough justification because the kid simply hasn't done anything, meaning that this trade is unrealistic. Raiders won't trade moss for him just because he was a first rounder, he has to prove something. At this stage Rodgers=Ramsey, and although i liked patrick as our qb instead of brunell i didn't ever think he was of equal value to randy moss simply because he was selected in round 1 of the draft

he hasn't played a single nfl game from start to finish - that doesn't qualify as experience. Might as well trade moss for ramsey and then draft CJ - he was a former 1st rounder right? after all the only possible reason the raiders would even consider picking up rodgers is because he was a first rounder which isn't nearly enough justification because the kid simply hasn't done anything, meaning that this trade is unrealistic. Raiders won't trade moss for him just because he was a first rounder, he has to prove something. At this stage Rodgers=Ramsey, and although i liked patrick as our qb instead of brunell i didn't ever think he was of equal value to randy moss simply because he was selected in round 1 of the draft

Do you think they walk around in practice? Do you think they stop playing in the preseason? Has Russell had the opportunity to learn from NFL coaches for the last couple seasons? I in no way equated any players for the mere reason that they were first round draft picks. I simply stated that in terms of use in the NFL, Russell and Rodgers are equal, but Rodgers has at least practiced, and has some game experience (I know you are quick to point out that he hasn't started and finished a game in the pros, so you can stop saying that now), in the NFL. And if all your quarterback has to throw to is a guy who's best days are behind him and does not want to be there, that's not a good situation. So, as I stated before, I would personally rather have Rodgers throwing to Johnson than I would Russell throwing to Moss.

On your other point that the Raiders won't trade Moss for Rodgers, I don't think your logic is sound. You wouldn't trade for somebody based on his draft position. You would trade for him because you felt he had potential.

Rodgers is an unproven QB - it's like saying they'll trade moss for matt shaub. They're drafting Russell - he will be the rebuilding block for that franchise. plus his pro day was apparently spectacular and aaron rodgers isn't nearly as talented. I also don't think oakland wants a rookie #1 reciever (CJ) and QB (rodgers hasn't ever started) to start next season

The Raiders are not going to trade for a young QB with a first rounder's contract and draft a young QB at the same time. (Well, let me rephrase that: a sane NFL franchise wouldn't). If they get Rodgers, they have to go in another direction. They are too weak across the board to suddenly start stockpiling QBs.

Do you think they walk around in practice? Do you think they stop playing in the preseason? Has Russell had the opportunity to learn from NFL coaches for the last couple seasons? I in no way equated any players for the mere reason that they were first round draft picks. I simply stated that in terms of use in the NFL, Russell and Rodgers are equal, but Rodgers has at least practiced, and has some game experience (I know you are quick to point out that he hasn't started and finished a game in the pros, so you can stop saying that now), in the NFL. And if all your quarterback has to throw to is a guy who's best days are behind him and does not want to be there, that's not a good situation. So, as I stated before, I would personally rather have Rodgers throwing to Johnson than I would Russell throwing to Moss.

On your other point that the Raiders won't trade Moss for Rodgers, I don't think your logic is sound. You wouldn't trade for somebody based on his draft position. You would trade for him because you felt he had potential.

his potential is not determineable because he has not played - practice and preaseason against second string players is meaningless. so the only basis for trading for rodgers would be because of his draft positioning as the raiders don't have any valid NFL film to base their decision on.

The Raiders are not going to trade for a young QB with a first rounder's contract and draft a young QB at the same time. (Well' date=' let me rephrase that: a sane NFL franchise wouldn't). If they get Rodgers, they have to go in another direction. They are too weak across the board to suddenly start stockpiling QBs.[/quote']

I never said they would trade for rodgers and draft russell- if they made such a trade they would obviously draft cj but my point was that they won't make that trade.

his potential is not determineable because he has not played - practice and preaseason against second string players is meaningless. so the only basis for trading for rodgers would be because of his draft positioning as the raiders don't have any valid NFL film to base their decision on.

Based on such logic, then Russell's potential is indeterminate as well. And he would not have been practicing against second stringers...he likely would have been acting as the quarterback on the scout team (at least the first year) against the Packers' first string defense.

Calvin Johnson's workout has blown up the Draft. The Skins will not trade down ... only up. CJ will be taken No. 1. Several teams then will compete for Russell and Quinn. One of these teams will end up swapping Russell or Quinn to Oakland for CJ. The price will be next year's No. 1 (2008). Is CJ worth two No. 1 picks including a No. I No. 1 this year?

How is it suddenly a given that we're trying to move up? I just don't get it. Everything I've read says we're shopping our pick around.

Based on such logic, then Russell's potential is indeterminate as well. And he would not have been practicing against second stringers...he likely would have been acting as the quarterback on the scout team (at least the first year) against the Packers' first string defense.

Preaseason was against second stringers and despite practicing against green bay's first team defense - it's just practice. secondly green bay's secondary is not impressive - and again - their just practicing against aaron rodgers. As for rodger's potential being indeterminate I meant that it was indeterminate through his time in the NFL. Russell is thought to have an enormous amount of potential as he is raw but is very talented physically and played very well at LSU. Rodgers also played well in college but his upside isn't as great as that of Russell although he is equally raw. I'm sure you'll now argue that CJ's upside is better than moss's current talent but we must remember that moss is an established talent at the NFL level where as rodgers is not.

This is dead wrong. We're not trading up because we have nothing to trade up with. Even so, we're damn sure not trading up for an offensive player.

That aside, everyone is talking like a great workout is some sort of guarantee for success. How do you know that Johnson isn't the WR version of Tony Mandarich? I like Johnson as a prospect but that's all he is right now, and his workout only confirmed the performance that people saw on the field so it really doesn't change impressions all that much.

Let other teams take that risk. We have other needs and if the Raiders are dumb enough to draft him at 1.01 given their other needs, then let them. Other coveted players will fall to us and enable us to trade down for a premium.

Preaseason was against second stringers and despite practicing against green bay's first team defense - it's just practice. secondly green bay's secondary is not impressive - and again - their just practicing against aaron rodgers. As for rodger's potential being indeterminate I meant that it was indeterminate through his time in the NFL. Russell is thought to have an enormous amount of potential as he is raw but is very talented physically and played very well at LSU. Rodgers also played well in college but his upside isn't as great as that of Russell although he is equally raw. I'm sure you'll now argue that CJ's upside is better than moss's current talent but we must remember that moss is an established talent at the NFL level where as rodgers is not.

But I would also argue that Moss has been injured the past couple seasons and his productivity has been much lower of late. Also, he has expressed his distaste with the Raiders organization, said that he takes plays off, and has been a general disease for the Raiders.

CJ, according to all accounts, is the consummate team player. The antithesis of Moss.

Further, practicing against any NFL defense gives a player a sense of the speed of the game. Green Bay's Pass Defense was solidly average this past season. Russell simply will not have that experience and will have to get used to the speed of the reads and everything at the pro level. Also, to say that Rodgers is equally as raw as Russell is not true at all. He's had a couple years of practice in the NFL. This means he has had two years to be coached up. Russell has had none.

I'm not saying that Russell isn't going to be good, I'm sure he is. However, again, if he doesn't have anyone to throw to, it doesn't matter how much potential he has.

But I would also argue that Moss has been injured the past couple seasons and his productivity has been much lower of late. Also, he has expressed his distaste with the Raiders organization, said that he takes plays off, and has been a general disease for the Raiders.

CJ, according to all accounts, is the consummate team player. The antithesis of Moss.

Further, practicing against any NFL defense gives a player a sense of the speed of the game. Green Bay's Pass Defense was solidly average this past season. Russell simply will not have that experience and will have to get used to the speed of the reads and everything at the pro level. Also, to say that Rodgers is equally as raw as Russell is not true at all. He's had a couple years of practice in the NFL. This means he has had two years to be coached up. Russell has had none.

I'm not saying that Russell isn't going to be good, I'm sure he is. However, again, if he doesn't have anyone to throw to, it doesn't matter how much potential he has.

randy moss and jerry porter is more than enough talent for him.

Jamarcus goes #1, detroit either picks thomas or quinn, and if they pick thomas cleveland will pick quinn. both QBs will be gone by top 3 and CJ will be pick #4. The only bidding war might be for adrian peterson

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10060470

if cleveld picks quinn it most likely means there will be a coaching change. i think they go with peterson.

Just a quick question: why would Atlanta trade for Randy Moss when they have already signed Joe Horn?

Wouldn't happen. But jeez could you imagine Randy Moss, Joe Horn, and Michael Vick on one team? That's a whole lot of ego there! :doh:

Joe Horn is around 35?

I'd rather have a 35 year old who gives it his all on every down, than a me first, I didn't feel like running my route on that play guy. Moss has been a cancer to any program he has played for since he left Dupont High School.

Archived