Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT Dolphins want to Trade up(Rumor)

D-Day

I am at work and PFT is blocked but here are two links to message boards that can confirm the rumor.

http://www.phins.com/phorum/read.php?2,6890,6903

Today during the PFW chat with Eric Edholm he said the Dolphins were one of several teams that might be looking to trade up. Sorry I don't have the exact quote, but it is because ESPN moved the chat to insider content and I don't have access, so you are gonna have to trust me. That said, I wonder who we could want badly enough to trade up for? For me, the only guy I would consider trading up for would be Calvin Johnson, and I doubt we have the horsepower to climb to number 3. Is there someone else that if we traded up and gave up the world for that you would be happy with?

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=71&F=1348#S=71&F=1348&T=255026

per profootball talk..........

Miami almost pulled off a deal yesterday by offering a package

of picks and Culpepper to Detroit, for the 2nd overall pick.

Apparently the fish want Quinn or Russell, and Mike Martz is

intrigued with Culpepper.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this could be the trade down that most of us want. If they were willing to trade up to #2 then they will be also willing to trade up to #6 if one of those QB's fall.

6 = 1600 pts

Fins

1st = 9 = 1350

3rd = 73 = 225

5th = 137 = 37.5 premium or 6th = 169 = 24.8 for equal value.

If it comes down to a bidding war they also have 2 number 2's I think.

Searched for Dolphins+#2+Tradeup

So would like to see Miami and Minny get in a bidding war for our spot to have a shot at one of the QBs...first one to offer up their 1st and a 2nd gets it. That's my dream scenario.

Jamarcus goes #1, detroit either picks thomas or quinn, and if they pick thomas cleveland will pick quinn. both QBs will be gone by top 3 and CJ will be pick #4. The only bidding war might be for adrian peterson

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10060470

Jamarcus goes #1, detroit either picks thomas or quinn, and if they pick thomas cleveland will pick quinn. both QBs will be gone by top 3 and CJ will be pick #4. The only bidding war might be for adrian peterson

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10060470

IF Oakland trades for Aaron Rodgers as expected all bets are off for any mock draft that has been posted. I would expect the raiders to take CJ as the trade involves Moss.

IF Oakland trades for Aaron Rodgers as expected all bets are off for any mock draft that has been posted. I would expect the raiders to take CJ as the trade involves Moss.

Rodgers is an unproven QB - it's like saying they'll trade moss for matt shaub. They're drafting Russell - he will be the rebuilding block for that franchise. plus his pro day was apparently spectacular and aaron rodgers isn't nearly as talented. I also don't think oakland wants a rookie #1 reciever (CJ) and QB (rodgers hasn't ever started) to start next season

Rodgers is an unproven QB - it's like saying they'll trade moss for matt shaub. They're drafting Russell - he will be the rebuilding block for that franchise. plus his pro day was apparently spectacular and aaron rodgers isn't nearly as talented. I also don't think oakland wants a rookie #1 reciever and QB (rodgers hasn't ever started) to start next season

So what if he was spectacular on Pro Day. He was throwing well-rehearsed drills against no defenders. We already know he's an athletic specimen. So's Vick. Russell is risky with the top pick because he's so raw.

If they trade for Rodgers they won't draft a QB. They will have traded away Moss so they'll draft Johnson. It's pretty straight forward.

So what if he was spectacular on Pro Day. He was throwing well-rehearsed drills against no defenders. We already know he's an athletic specimen. So's Vick. Russell is risky with the top pick because he's so raw.

If they trade for Rodgers they won't draft a QB. They will have traded away Moss so they'll draft Johnson. It's pretty straight forward.

and rodgers isn't raw? he hasn't even started a single game! he doesn't have any gameday experience nor has he had any coaching from the raiders. He is on the same level as rodgers experience wise yet he is a lot more talented and therefore a much better pick for them.

I would not move down w/o a 2nd rounder involved. It has been mentioned here many times that Cle. gave up a 2 to move up one spot from 7 to 6 to get Winslow. Usually teams that try to move into the top ten or up in the top ten, pay a premium over the value chart. I would not give up the 6th w/o a premium especially before the draft. On draft day we may be able to get teams bidding against each other and get a hefty premium over the chart, so I would wait.

and rodgers isn't raw? he hasn't even started a single game! he doesn't have any gameday experience nor has he had any coaching from the raiders. He is on the same level as rodgers experience wise yet he is a lot more talented and therefore a much better pick for them.

One could argue that both Russell and Rodgers are starting from essentially the same place. Russell may be a better athlete, but Rodgers has the same freshness and has experienced the speed of the pro game. One could also argue that Randy's best days are behind him, and Rodgers throwing to Johnson is a lot better than Russell throwing to Moss.

then why sign jamal lewis? plus adam shefter is one of the most reliable reporters out there.

Lewis' contract is for only one year. Plus the Browns worked Peterson at the flanker position during his pro day, which means that they will run him and Lewis in the backfield at the same time, ala Deuce and Bush.

With both Savage and Crennel on the hot seat, drafting Quinn absolutely guarantees that he starts and will have to win 9+ games for the Browns for those two gentlemen to retain their jobs.

Lewis' contract is for only one year. Plus the Browns worked Peterson at the flanker position during his pro day, which means that they will run him and Lewis in the backfield at the same time, ala Deuce and Bush.

With both Savage and Crennel on the hot seat, drafting Quinn absolutely guarantees that he starts and will have to win 9+ games for the Browns for those two gentlemen to retain their jobs.

don't Savage and Crennel have to win 9+ games regardless of who they draft?

True but why hinder yourself by selecting a player that won't start (Quinn) versus a RB that is "Plug and Play" (Peterson).

the thing is that quinn can definately start - he is said to be the most NFL-ready out of every QB entering the draft. This is really besides the point though because I think detroit cannot afford to go another season with kitna - they already signed a tackle through FA and if they pick quinn I agreee that the browns will take peterson but if detroit does go for thomas, I think Quinn could be "Plug and play" for the browns also.

the thing is that quinn can definately start - he is said to be the most NFL-ready out of every QB entering the draft. This is really besides the point though because I think detroit cannot afford to go another season with kitna - they already signed a tackle through FA and if they pick quinn I agreee that the browns will take peterson but if detroit does go for thomas, I think Quinn could be "Plug and play" for the browns also.

He's got to drop the INT's, but Kitna threw for 4200 yards and over 20 touchdowns last season. With a better line, more time to throw, a better pocket, he should cut down his completions to the other team. I think Kitna is fine. They may want Quinn for the future, but if they're smart, they'd groom him first, not just throw him to the wolves.

Starting a rookie QB and expecting anything other than a losing season isn't going with the odds.

Quinn isn't the optimal choice, especially when the decision makers jobs are on the line.

Rodgers is an unproven QB - it's like saying they'll trade moss for matt shaub. They're drafting Russell - he will be the rebuilding block for that franchise. plus his pro day was apparently spectacular and aaron rodgers isn't nearly as talented. I also don't think oakland wants a rookie #1 reciever (CJ) and QB (rodgers hasn't ever started) to start next season

If I were the raiders, id trade Moss for Schaub in a heartbeat. Moss is only going to garner a 2nd rounder at best(probobly third) and its gonna take more than that to get Schaub from the falcons. Moss doesnt want to be there, and Schaub has been very promising. Plus he gives the Raiders a win now option at QB, allowing them to draft CJ and have a WR to replace Moss with. Win win.

If I were the raiders, id trade Moss for Schaub in a heartbeat. Moss is only going to garner a 2nd rounder at best(probobly third) and its gonna take more than that to get Schaub from the falcons. Moss doesnt want to be there, and Schaub has been very promising. Plus he gives the Raiders a win now option at QB, allowing them to draft CJ and have a WR to replace Moss with. Win win.

It takes two to tango. I can't imagine Randy Moss and Ron Mexico on the same team.

I don't think that Arthur Blank will allow that deal to happen.

As each day passes, this draft becomes more and more intriguing. Before free agency and all the rumors of trades and draft day deals, it was pretty much a lock to see:

1. JaMarcus

2. Joe Thomas

3. Adrian Peterson

4. Calvin Johnson

5. Gaines Adams/Jamaal Anderson

Now . . . who knows. If the raiders pull the deal with the packers and get rodgers, they may not go after russel. The Browns got Jamal Lewis (which leaves me to believe they will NOT take adrian peterson . . . but maybe that's just my opinion). So again, who knows.

One could argue that both Russell and Rodgers are starting from essentially the same place. Russell may be a better athlete, but Rodgers has the same freshness and has experienced the speed of the pro game. One could also argue that Randy's best days are behind him, and Rodgers throwing to Johnson is a lot better than Russell throwing to Moss.

Exactly. :cheers:

Usually teams that try to move into the top ten or up in the top ten, pay a premium over the value chart. On draft day we may be able to get teams bidding against each other and get a hefty premium over the chart, so I would wait.

AGREED. The Chart does assumes one crucial (yet never true) fact: all players in each round are proportionally desired based on draft position.

IN FACT, a draft pick can be worth MUCH MOE than its "chart" value because of SUPPLY AND DEMAND. Our #6 pick is worth EXACTLY HOWEVER MUCH any team is willing to pay us. Period.

Things that increase demand:

1) competitors (aka bidding wars)

2) scarcity (Peterson is CLEARLY the #1 back in the draft)

There is only ONE Adrian Peterson, and his value on draft day will be more than any draft value chart can predict.

Archived