Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would you do............ where would you go....

Pete

OK, looks like Mama and I get a few weeks alone this summer. It's been 14 years since we have had any real time alone, and our daughter is going to CA with family for two weeks, and then a week at the Jersey shore this June.

I wish this was during football season, but it's not, and I haven't a clue on what to do besides sex in every room. That won't even kill a day, so it leaves me with about 20 days. I have two weeks of vacation comming to me. The wife can't do another cruise. Ever since the one last year, she's suffering from maldebarkment syndrome........... some dizzy thing.

I'm open for suggestions :)

For at least one of those weeks, go nowhere. Stock up on liquid and solid goodies, lock the doors, unplug the phone and don't let me hear a peep out of you on this silly MB.

After that, do whatever you have the energy left to do. :)

OK, looks like Mama and I get a few weeks alone this summer. It's been 14 years since we have had any real time alone, and our daughter is going to CA with family for two weeks, and then a week at the Jersey shore this June.

I wish this was during football season, but it's not, and I haven't a clue on what to do besides sex in every room. That won't even kill a day, so it leaves me with about 20 days. I have two weeks of vacation comming to me. The wife can't do another cruise. Ever since the one last year, she's suffering from maldebarkment syndrome........... some dizzy thing.

I'm open for suggestions :)

is it even legal to have sex at your age :D

Come out here first, surfing with Orca's, 90 minutes away in Westport.

The we go to the world famous Bay City Sausage to get hot Italian links for spaghett. Then we'll hit the Seattle Experience Music Project (Paul Allen owned--coolest collection of rock n roll guitars in the world).

Then we'll fill up your MP3 with rare live videos of Nirvana/Mudhoney/Soundgarten/Pearl Jam and put you on a plane at SeaTac to New Zealand and you can float the world's longest underground river and then hanglide down into a dormant volcano.

I can't talk about the rest on here, but you'll need scuba gear and a flak jacket. ;)

Pete: I agree with other posts...do something different, even daring...think about those dreams or fantasies you and your wife have put on hold while raising a family...recapture, even briefly, the feeling of those early days together. Include romance in the adventure but make it more than that. Good luck. TGateNGDad

Jumbo, is it OK is I don't bring the wife with me ? :D

Did Alaska last year, so it's a hard one to top no doubt. Don't want to go out of the country without the kid. It's just so tough to find stuff that both of us will enjoy. I would love to go camping up north, but that's not her thing. I'm not much for sitting on a beach, but she can do it all day.

It's always been about the kid for the most part, and what she would enjoy.

For what it's worth, the best vacation I've taken inside the country was going out west. My uncle's family, my sister and I made a stop at Mount Rushmore before visiting Yellowstone Park, Devil's Tower and the Grand Tetons.

The scenery was incredible.

Pete: With a few weeks, you have great options. Think of the top three things your wife would like to do and your top three. Look for opportunities to do some of both on a get away, plus add a new adventure neither of you have thought of, or plan to do your get away in a place neither of you have visited. If she likes the beach because its a place to relax and you like the mountains because of the scenic beauty and outdoor exercise, do something like WISP where you can hike, horseback ride, and do the spa and pool together. TGateNGDad

I was going to suggest Aruba before I saw you want to stay 'In Country'.

Last summer, my wife and I took our son to Maine for a week of Hockey Camp. We found a place about 1/2 hour away on Green Lake. Best week of vacation we've had in a long time. Couple of days relaxing on the lake, went to see Stephen King's house, and went to Acadia National Park. I highly recommend it.

Best Part: You can have sex in every room of THAT house, too.

Archived