Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

16 years in a row!!!

jrfriedm

I went out of my way to congratulate players from both the mens and womens teams today. The starting guard for the mens team sits behind me in today's class. A guard for the womens team is in another one of my classes and I ran into her at the gym a hour ago and congratulated her as well.

Not this year Spaceman Spiff.

Mason men lost two out of three games to ODU and Mason women lost both games to ODU this season.

Both ODU teams received bids to NCAA tournament and neither Mason team did. :)

Wow. That is quite a definitive argument you have there.

The fact remains that Mason will be watching the tournament from home while ODU will send a few schools home as upsets.

Welp, when ODU captures the attention of the nation, becomes the #1 story in the sports world and forever changes the vernacular of college basketball ("Who will be this years George Mason?") be sure to let me know.

:thumbsup:

congrats... no matter the gender or sport, that's an accomplishment. especially in DI athletics.

just to gloat a bit, my alma matter (marytr? :)) is looking to extend its NCAA record. the kenyon college lords swimming team will be competing soon to win its 28th national title in a row. granted, it's DIII, but it's a record that no other team at any college can come close to claiming.

props to ODU. go lords!

congrats... no matter the gender or sport, that's an accomplishment. especially in DI athletics.

just to gloat a bit, my alma matter (marytr? :)) is looking to extend its NCAA record. the kenyon college lords swimming team will be competing soon to win its 28th national title in a row. granted, it's DIII, but it's a record that no other team at any college can come close to claiming.

props to ODU. go lords!

It's alma mater.

Not alma matter.

And definitely not alma martyr. (Unless he's making some kind of pun for what hell the place was.)

Anyway, WOW. 27 D-III titles in a row?!?! That's amazing! Did you swim there?

George Mason is a member of the CAA. You may remember them as a Final Four team last year...or you may not. :laugh: :laugh:

George Mason and ODU have more in common than both playing in CAA. Last year GM had no business being in if Hofstra wasn't in. Granted, they played well once they got in. But they still never should have gotten in over Hofstra, after losing to them twice in the last week or so like they did. ODU probably shouldn't be in this year. Or, at least, its very debatable.

These women basketball players would smoke you on the court. The actual team record is 16 consecutive conference championships with an overall conference tournament games record of 47 - 0.

Regardless of the gender or sport it is a laudable sports achievement.:cheers:

Trust me, even at my age NOW they wouldn't "smoke me" . Alot of guys? Absolutely. Not this one, though.

George Mason and ODU have more in common than both playing in CAA. Last year GM had no business being in if Hofstra wasn't in. Granted, they played well once they got in. But they still never should have gotten in over Hofstra, after losing to them twice in the last week or so like they did. ODU probably shouldn't be in this year. Or, at least, its very debatable.

Is Hofstra an accredited university? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously, all the at-large NCAA bid selections are debatable every year. That's one of the things that makes March Madness so interesting.

It's alma mater.

Not alma matter.

And definitely not alma martyr. (Unless he's making some kind of pun for what hell the place was.)

Anyway, WOW. 27 D-III titles in a row?!?! That's amazing! Did you swim there?

lol... stupid extra "t". :doh:

yep, i swam there and was on the XVI-XVIII title teams (that's how we keep track...not the years we swam there, but the championship streak number). while i wasn't one of the studs that won individual or relay titles, i did contribute to the point total each of my years.

this year, the team is facing some serious hurdles. a couple of our big guns got hurt and a freshman that was expected to contribute died in a freak accident (passed out and hit his head in the bathroom... no drugs or booze involved). the championships start on thursday and run through saturday night. our two biggest challengers are both coached by kenyon alumni, which is a bit interesting.

again, go lords. bring home 28.

lol... stupid extra "t". :doh:

yep, i swam there and was on the XVI-XVIII title teams (that's how we keep track...not the years we swam there, but the championship streak number). while i wasn't one of the studs that won individual or relay titles, i did contribute to the point total each of my years.

this year, the team is facing some serious hurdles. a couple of our big guns got hurt and a freshman that was expected to contribute died in a freak accident (passed out and hit his head in the bathroom... no drugs or booze involved). the championships start on thursday and run through saturday night. our two biggest challengers are both coached by kenyon alumni, which is a bit interesting.

again, go lords. bring home 28.

Well, then I'm pulling for them too! :applause:

Well, then I'm pulling for them too! :applause:

thanks, brother. it's crazy how nervous i get around this time each year... wanting the boys to swim well and represent and wanting the point totals in our favor. not sure if it's pride or reliving the glory days or whatever, but i get butterflies each morning when i check the results.

i honestly think our coach would rather break the streak (while having the kids swim really well, of course) so that the team doesn't have that monkey on their back. even so, there is nothing that a kenyon swimmer dreads more than being on the "first" losing team.

these women are pretty tough they play the men in pratice at least 4 times a week I would like to see you on the court with them THEY WOULD SMOKE YOU!!!!!!

Dude you have no clue what you're talking about. I've actually played against top women college players in my past. And, trust me, it was a complete waste of my time. This one woman in particular was, at the time, one of the top women college players in the nation. She used to play a lot against the guys in pickup games. Sure, there were a lot of them she "smoked". But in the games I happened to play against her, and was matched up with her, she did nothing. When top women go up against guys that can actually "play" its no contest. Trust me, I've been there. So speak for yourself, guy.

well, the kenyon lords defended the title yet again, earning the 28th DivIII national title in a row (swimming). Denison and Emory didn't step up like was expected, and the lords swam their asses off.

here's to XXIX in 2008! :cheers:

Link

Kenyon wins championship

March 17, 2007

HOUSTON, Texas -- Kenyon College's Eric Dunn was named the swimmer of the meet Saturday as the Lords won their 28th consecutive team title in the 33rd annual NCAA Division III Men's Swimming and Diving Championships at the University of Houston's Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium.

Dunn completed his trophy cache Saturday by successfully defending his 2006 title in the 1650-yard freestyle in 15:24.81. The senior had previously won the 500-yard freestyle on Thursday and the 400-yard individual medley on Friday.

Kenyon's Joseph Gosselar won two events in this year's championship meet, successfully defending his 200-yard breaststroke title Saturday in 1:59.38 to lead a one-two-three finish for the Lords in that event. The senior had also won the 100-yard breaststroke on Friday.

Kenyon's title defense was by 219 points over second-place Denison University. The Lords scored 570 points to 351 for Denison, 318 for Emory University and 305 for Williams College. The Kenyon win earned for Lords coach Jim Steen his 14th coach of the year award.

yes, amazing feat, but you must admit, the depth in womens NCAA sports is not nearly the same as in the mens sports, making it much easier for tennessee, connecticut, ODU and others ALWAYS win- there are no real mid majors in womens NCAA BB.

Archived