Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

smoot wants to retire as a skin

WHat's kind of sad (though maybe people need to make the mistake to grow) is that we ALL KNEW THIS when it happened. Even Fred probably knew it somewhere. And don't get me wrong, there are players for whom one team is hardly any different than another and they thrive and are beloved wherever they might go. But sometimes, you do find that "home" and leaving only makes you appreciate it more.

I hope Fred is back until the end (or at least the reasonable productive end, lots of athletes have a year at the end where they are living off their name on another team>)

Man could you imangine if Darrell Green went to another team. That would have been wild.

just stop right there...not funny, not hypothetical, not pondorous...just outright wrong

As for Smoot, he left, got some brain on a boat, lost his brain on the field, and he feels that the Redskins have the cure.

well...all i can say is...this has nowhere else to go but up

Man could you imangine if Darrell Green went to another team. That would have been wild.

As for Smoot, he left, got some brain on a boat, lost his brain on the field, and he feels that the Redskins have the cure.

The Redskins will only be the cure for Smoot if he completely dedicates himself to football and to the notion of being remembered for great play on the field.

Not for some incident on a boat.

Simply leaving Minnesota won't do that. He has to commit himself to being a good CB again.

I like it. By mentioning 28 he has big shoes to fill, but it is nice to see someone, anyone, repent their decision to leave. What I remember most about his days here was his propensity to make a big play with his current most injured body part...Not exactly smart, but heartfealt, when he did go out of the game for an injury his gutsy play probably was a positive example for his backups. Now if we could just drain the bay...Welcome back Fred, update smootsmack.com to include T.O.'s chump ass

What I regret is that I don't have an old Smoot jersey in my closet and I missed the chance to grab a cheap one on ebay while it was still a "rumor". I'd have worn it everyday for the last two weeks.

They need to hurry up and either settle or drop the number dispute so Danny can cash in on people like me. We don't have the big name FA jerseys to sell this Spring so they need to roll out the Smoot jerseys.

Anyway, I wish more players would find their home and stick with it these days. It seems like the only guys who want to stick around are the 3rd string and special teams types who won't find a job elsewhere.

Here's to Smooter!:cheers:

That probably would've hurt more than seeing Art Monk in green; and that's saying something. (I mean Jets green, I'm still in denial about the whole Eagles thing.)

As for Smoot, I'm all for second chances, and allowing a prodigal son to return home. Nibbs hit it right on the head. We knew Freddy was making a mistake. He's no-doubt learned a lot; and hopefully grown as a person for his troubles. I think we'll not only see a different player than we saw in Minnesota, but a better person too.

Smoot was my favorite player when he left. He was probably our most consistently good defensive player at the time as well. I am happy he's back and hope he returns to the form he played with here for most of his time here.

What I regret is that I don't have an old Smoot jersey in my closet and I missed the chance to grab a cheap one on ebay while it was still a "rumor". I'd have worn it everyday for the last two weeks.

They need to hurry up and either settle or drop the number dispute so Danny can cash in on people like me. We don't have the big name FA jerseys to sell this Spring so they need to roll out the Smoot jerseys.

Anyway, I wish more players would find their home and stick with it these days. It seems like the only guys who want to stick around are the 3rd string and special teams types who won't find a job elsewhere.

Here's to Smooter!:cheers:

Yea, makes me wish I would've gotten one after he left, Redskins.com had authentic ones for like $40 dollars.

When did Smoot get "some brain on a boat"? I heard that he got some ass on a boat but I dont remember him receiving any other body parts.

I'm excited about good old Fred being back. When he left for Minny I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt he was going to regret the decision. I don't usually feel that way about players when they leave. I knew he belonged in DC. I also expect he will get back to his high level of play and end up starting before its all said and done. With his head and heart straightend out, I expect great things from the Smoot!

I honestly don't know if he is good enough to replace springs though. He is good, but not better than springs. Although springs has the major injury bug. I would say that I do like smoot a lot, but they had better either think about getting springs back into the fold or get another corner because we are going to need some depth at DB.

Archived