Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's today, Sunday? Must be a Lavar Rumor to talk about. (Merged)

skinsrbeast

The play at Penn State where he jumped over the line to make a tackle made Lavar more money than a single play made anyone in history. He was seen as this uber- talented freak of nature who would dominate the NFL and be the next LT. He never came close. He made pro bowls on name alone. He had one really good season IMO. He never understood the mental side of the game and what kind of work it took to be the best. He cruised through college on his talent as a freelancing LB making highlight reel plays. He never played well within a system and didn't put in the studying necessary to excel at this level. It's a shame his career turned out that way but there are a lot of talented players that don't make it in the NFL. It takes more than talent and Lavar is the poster boy for that.

Well actually, Lavar is Local. He lives near Annapolis. As far as the talent portion, he is talented, but injuries have sidelined him. Lavar made a business decision that he thought was best for he and his family. Would you not do the same thing if you thought that it would benefit you and yours?

How did badmouthing the Redskins and the coaching staff help his family?

no. he's not.

yes, he was very good for several years.

it's too bad he got injured.

yes, the business end of football screwed him over.

instead of wanting an injured player back with very low potential, i would rather just watch old clips of LA and be happy.

no, he's not coming back unless it would be to retire.

no, there was no truth to it whatsoever, the thread was created toungue in cheek by the mods to poke fun at many of the members foaming from the mouth for any shred of free angency info, so they took an absurd post on a redskins message board (may have even been posted by one of them) and threw a match into a forest of dry wood.

love,

sleazyE

I still wish Lavar the best. Dude was one of my favorites - too bad he couldn't keep his mouth shut.

I still wish we would've kept him and put his hand in the dirt. His injuries have limited his abilities as a full-time LB IMO, but he's always had a knack for getting after the QB.

*sigh*

Arrington was the most overpaid and overhyped linebacker in recent NFL history.

Boy am I glad we don't have to suffer him here for 16 games in 2007.

Let him open a bar or make some more Eastern Motors commercials.

Plenty of things for a guy with all that off the field talent to do :laugh:

as though he would want to come back. somehow ...so many of you never look at the opposite side of the coin.

no. he's not.

yes, he was very good for several years.

it's too bad he got injured.

yes, the business end of football screwed him over.

instead of wanting an injured player back with very low potential, i would rather just watch old clips of LA and be happy.

no, he's not coming back unless it would be to retire.

no, there was no truth to it whatsoever, the thread was created toungue in cheek by the mods to poke fun at many of the members foaming from the mouth for any shred of free angency info, so they took an absurd post on a redskins message board (may have even been posted by one of them) and threw a match into a forest of dry wood.

love,

sleazyE

so you're saying the mods went against their own rules about posting false information?

sherrif fansince62, no i'm not saying that. i am saying that they took a rumor that was posted on a message board, and decided to have a little fun with the members here who were going ape for any "insider information" to the point that they were consistantly calling out andyman and driving threads through the roof. they took a rumor, posted it here, labeled it rumor, and included a link. i thought it was funny how very very seriously people were taking such a hilarious "source"

I thought that Lavar actually lives near Tyson's Corner? I don't know, but he said he planned on staying in the area because he likes it here. Had he kept his mouth shut and not really dogged the skins, I guess I could have tolerated him some, but since his remarks last year I really don't like him now. My mind may change in a few years, but for now he gets boos when I see him on TV or at Fed Ex.

Let Eastern Motors put you in a car today, let Eastern Motors finance it all the way, Ford, Chevys, Hondas, Beamers, and Mini Fans over 600 cars SUVs are you listening maaan. Let Eastern Motors put you in a car today, let Eastern Motors finance it all the waaay...I know right! Oh and LaVar can blow Offensive linemen up like paper dolls and probably still can. Lets not start tripping.

Arrington was the most overpaid and overhyped linebacker in recent NFL history.

Boy am I glad we don't have to suffer him here for 16 games in 2007.

Let him open a bar or make some more Eastern Motors commercials.

Plenty of things for a guy with all that off the field talent to do :laugh:

This is without a doubt the best synopsis that i've read concerning LaVar. For all practical purposes, his career can be summed up as being very disappointing. Expectations were very high for him when he arrived in DC however they were never met. !! :(

sherrif fansince62, no i'm not saying that. i am saying that they took a rumor that was posted on a message board, and decided to have a little fun with the members here who were going ape for any "insider information" to the point that they were consistantly calling out andyman and driving threads through the roof. they took a rumor, posted it here, labeled it rumor, and included a link. i thought it was funny how very very seriously people were taking such a hilarious "source"

I see...so they perpetuated a falsehood. everything's square then!

bottom line: despite Arrington's many faults...the fact is that this franchise has not taken elite players and groomed them into long term productive "core" Redskins. for all the rancor directed in Arrington's direction.......there ought to be more directed at the franchise as well......it hasn't exploited its opportunities; it hasn't nurtured its superior talents into stars to elevate the franchise from also rans into perennial contenders

....in short.....Arrington is a shared failure...too many of you miss that crucial point.

i know most redskin fans hate him, but i still respect the man for what he did for us.......but whats up with him? I havent heard ONE story about a team interested in him.....man if he was willing to come back for 2 mill or even less.....i'd take it.:point2sky

Archived