Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential poll

alexey

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't feel up to speed on any of 'em yet. McCain lost it for me though when he sold his soul on the torture stuff though. He now seems like any dirty, rotten say what you can for votes politician. I think every politician should have a few lines that they shouldn't cross, because of what he said and his history... that flip flop was defining.

As of today, my vote would go to Rudy

Newt could get it if he runs, or if Jim Gilmore picks up any momentum at all

But I am going with Rudy as of today

Depending on Obama's policy platform, I could vote for him also

So lets rank em up

1) Rudy

2) Newt

3) Obama (gotta see his entire platform first, he is still unknown to me)

Sarge and I are not like all the whiny libs who promised to move to Canada and France in 2000 and 2004.

1) We aren't liars and would have carried through with our "threat".

2) We aren't traitors to the country.

3) We don't have to worry about Hillary winning the Presidency

Actually, there is no one there I would think of voting for

I tried to include all candidates who (if they run) have a chance of being on the ballot and winning the election... Am I missing somebody? I did not want to include the "other" option because it is just about as useful as writing people in ;)

McCain lost it for me though when he sold his soul on the torture stuff though.

Same here... Looks like it took a great toll on him as well, he started looking about 10 years older in a matter of months. I was very surprised by that move. It seemed he had a perfect opportunity to make a stand without causing too many problems for the Administration... somebody must have kidnapped his family and held them hostage or something :(

Nobody. If those were the only options available I would not be able to vote for anybody. There isn't a single candidate on that list who even comes close to being a Conservative in any way, shape, manner, or form.

How about Alan Keyes??

I tried to include all candidates who (if they run) have a chance of being on the ballot and winning the election... Am I missing somebody?

No, you didn't miss anybody, alexey. It's just that some of us are not generally interested in holding our noses and voting for the "least bad candidate. In my mind I have not heard of a single candidate running for POTUS in any party who I would/could vote for in 2008.

I did not see Mr. Keyes' name on that list, nor have I heard that he is running for the Republican nomination; so he's really not a useful name to be discussing.

Well, he pretty much runs for president every four years. I saw him outside of Burger King recently. I was admittedly starstruck.

Well, he pretty much runs for president every four years. I saw him outside of Burger King recently. I was admittedly starstruck.

I haven't seen any indication that he's going to make a run for the Republican nomination as of yet. There are a lot of good things in his platform (as I read it from his 2004 Senate Campaign website), but there are some things I'd want to know more about where he really stands on, and I'd like to get a better look into his personal background before indicating that I would or would not vote for him. He's a lot closer to what I'm looking for than anyone on this list, however.

Archived