Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

D.J. Strawberry - a Redskin WR? What do you think?

Piledriven

Boy, some of you need to lighten up. It's the offeseason. I think as an UDFA he might be worth a go. Why not? He might be a gem. At the worst, this idea is presenting someone who definately wouldn't be on anyone's draft charts and seeing as we have very few draft charts... a couple cleverly crazy fliers aren't bad to think about.

Porter stop arguing with these people, DJ is not going to play pro football....you are just a MD homer and you know it!!

Yes sir, I must say, I am a Maryland homer! lol :laugh:

But I have also been thinking about the Skins everytime I watch any sport... I just think he would be willing to take a shot on...

Just my opinion tho...

You LaBalaDePlata haha

:cheers:

ugh.... Why even draft him then? WHy not offer him a chance to come try out if he wants to play football. You could probably get him undrafted easily, why waste a pick on him?

That is what I have been saying... Not so much a draft pick... I am thinking as an undrafted free agent...no harm done there

Piledriven, I suspect that you will soon lose the ability to start new threads like this.

A thread about why don't the Redskins use a draft pick to pick up a local basketball player is probably cluttering up the front page 3 days after the start of Free Agency IMHO.

chill out - its the offseason. as well, its something different. i dont see you making me think of anything, so until you have something nice to say, dont say anything at all.

Daryl Strawberry is nothing but a baseball version of Michael irvin' date=' with less skill and more coke.[/quote']

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

True!!!

But we are talking about Daryll Strawberry's SON

lol ... I knew someone would eventually get around to saying this!

:laugh:

GO SKINS!

:dallasuck

Daryl Strawberry is nothing but a baseball version of Michael irvin' date=' with less skill ...[/quote']

You instantly invalidated your own point. Nice job. While he never lived up to his potential due to his demons (much like Dwight Gooden), he had the skill to be one of the best players ever. And he showed that skill when he played for the Mets. But, I'm guessing you don't really follow baseball and I'll leave the conversation at that.

Yeah, that makes PERFECT sense!

LOL, I agree that DJ could have been a pretty good WR if that the path he had chosen. But hes not a WR, he's a basketball player. And he's going to the NBA.

And what if he does not go to the NBA?

Worth a shot then?

He might go to the NBA, I dont know tho, only time will tell...

GO SKINS!!

GO TERPS!

You instantly invalidated your own point. Nice job. While he never lived up to his potential due to his demons (much like Dwight Gooden), he had the skill to be one of the best players ever. And he showed that skill when he played for the Mets. But, I'm guessing you don't really follow baseball and I'll leave the conversation at that.

Lol, you analyzed one's entire career from one line of what I said. Michael Irvin was a better WR than Strawberry was a baseball player. Did Daryl have more potential? Maybe. But who was better? Im not talking who could have been, Im talking who was. Daryl had what, 5 or 6 good years with the Mets? 1 with the Dodgers?

So, if you'd like to continue to make a complete evaluation of something with just one line of context to draw one's complete and personal opinion of, feel free. You're going to look stupid, but thats no sweat off my back. Besides, you can't take a little one-liner here and there?

While we're talking conversions of athletes to other sports' date=' any news on Justin Gatlin? I knew he went out for the Texans, just wondering if he has done anything with himself since juicin for the 100.[/quote']

I havent heard much...but I know he is fast... He doesnt have the height that DJ strawberry has tho...

:helmet: :helmet:

Oh geez, this reminds me of all the Jai Lewis talk from a year ago.

"6'7, 270 -- quickness and soft hands. What a great tight end!"

Wake me on draft day.

Could have been a DE tho too, but I dont think anyone tried him out as a DE... He had the same size as Julius Peppers... he prolly would not have been good as peppers but who knows now... I would give him a UDFA shot at DE with the depth that we need a DE now

GO SKINS

:laugh:

While we're at it why don't we give Jai Lewis another tryout? Or even Gerald Henderson, Jr? He gave that Carolina player a pretty good shot yesterday.

Why not give Mark Wahlberg a tryout? He looked good in Invincible. :laugh:

I say that if possible, the Skins should at least contact Strawberry to see if he might be interested...

Could be a TD machine! Which would equal a great paycheck...

Go SKINS!

:point2sky

I think we all get it. You think DJ would be a great pro.

The fact of the matter is he has shown zero interest in playing football, and despite claims of how 'quick' or 'fast' he is, we don't know if he actually is either. Playing on a basketball court is vastly different in terms of speed so even if he is 'fast', is he even remotely fast enough to play out on the edge.

Dwayne Bowe, potential first round WR out of LSU ran a 4.52 40 at the combine and that was "slow" for a potential WR. Is DJ even in this ballpark? There is no information on the subject aside from wishful thinking.

I guess the thought is that we could make threads about any basketball player in college and say, "How bout it?". It's a scenario that can basically be solved by saying, if DJ decides to trade in the sneakers for cleats, and the 'Skins have a chance to grab him for nothing, it'd be a cute story and a blip on the local football radar. It has a tiny chance of turning into a Marcus Pollard/Antonio Gates thing, but in all probability, it won't.

Archived