Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins loooking to sign Luke Petitgout...

skinner6775

The Petigout possibility makes me kinda nervous. I don't think he would be a good signing here other than for depth, not to start. Plus, I don't think Brian Mitchell would be able to hold his tongue about the running game if it has a bad day. He already hates Portis, and I've seen him s*** on Petigout, saying he couldn't bench like 250 or somethin like that.

Please god don't sign Petitgout. He's a false start waiting to happen. Everyone one in my neighborhood in Giants country knows it too, probably because I let them all know it every week for the past 3 years.

I really don't want to take back what I've given......

the Redskins are looking into reasonably priced options to fill holes this year and are avoiding the 'big' money signings (for this market).

I would not be surprised Petitgout is on the radar screen. He can play guard and also back us up at tackle were we are losing Wade and have no real depth.

Since he is coming back from an injury plagued season he is going to come at a discount over what he would bring as a player coming off a season where he started 16 games.

Petitgout is not the best OL in the NFL. But he is yards ahead of a lot of guys I see getting paid generously.

As a tackle Petitgout has been a better player than Langston Walker or Leonard Davis the past 3-4 years.

Depending upon the contract of course this could be a good signing at reasonable cost with added insurance for the OT position.

I can see the flags and hear the whistles now. I'd rather have a guard that will give up a sack once every couple games, but not lose us 15 yards in false starts every set of downs.
Cha Ching! I bet he holds the NFL record for offsides penalties. Can any of our more better stats people dig into quickly enough. I'd like to know.

B Mitch just said Pettigout is a mediocre tackle. He said that Pettigout loves to pass block more than run blocking. Then said he would be garbage as a Guard.

I Guess he remembers those times with the midgets.

Funny but I was thinking the same thing.

the Redskins are looking into reasonably priced options to fill holes this year and are avoiding the 'big' money signings (for this market).

Yeah, right. I'm sure that has nothing at all to do with our cap space (or lack thereof) and everything to do with a concerted effort to be fiscally responsible. :rolleyes:

After all, what did we spend 25? 35? million on London Fletcher even though we had a solid starter at MLB. That isn't a reasonably priced option considering the upgrade: $1 million MLB on the roster; upgrade to a $5 million MLB that gets you a whopping .5 more sacks and 30 more tackles.

It would seem to me that if the team was trying to go with reasonably priced options, they would have stayed with Marshall--who was good enough--and saved the $4 million more it is paying to London Fletcher. But here you are telling me that at a position where they have NO starter now, it makes sense to be cheap.

Yeah, right. I'm sure that has nothing at all to do with our cap space (or lack thereof) and everything to do with a concerted effort to be fiscally responsible. :rolleyes:

After all, what did we spend 25? 35? million on London Fletcher even though we had a solid starter at MLB. That isn't a reasonably priced option considering the upgrade: $1 million MLB on the roster; upgrade to a $5 million MLB that gets you a whopping .5 more sacks and 30 more tackles.

It would seem to me that if the team was trying to go with reasonably priced options, they would have stayed with Marshall--who was good enough--and saved the $4 million more it is paying to London Fletcher. But here you are telling me that at a position where they have NO starter now, it makes sense to be cheap.

We had to re-place and re-pave highway 57. Who exactly was going to step in and take that spot? Rocky?

I like Fletcher, Washington, and Marshall with Rocky battling it out for someone's job more than I like Washington, Marshall, and Rocky

Marshall at MLB and Holdman at WLB was a net loser for the club.

Signing Fletcher means we can move Marshall outside and that one move thus solves TWO problems.

I am amused by fans that are upset when the team spends $40 million and then turn around and show the same upset when the team signs Smoot for a reasonable $2 million and Fletcher, who should be able to play the 'actionable' ie expected portion of his new contract, or 3 years.

Fletcher is 31 and Adalius Thomas is 30. But the Pats are geniuses for signing Thomas while the Redskins are idiots for signing the old, decrepit Fletcher? :laugh: :laugh:

Why so down on Petigout? Doesn't he get some credit for the great success that Tiki had over the past 3 seasons??? As far as I could tell, their o-line performed much worse once he got injured for the season. Also when he was cut, the move was met with surprise......

He may prefer to run block but they're line has been pretty damn good running the ball. And I remember huge openinig running left at least whenever they played us.....

I've seen dockery make some pretty weak blocks and fall down as well. If he was that good, resigning him would have been a big priority for us. Obviously he didn't impress our coaches enough.

Correct.

I lost count of the number of times Dock would fall down or just not make it to where he was supposed to pull to. When he did make it there he wouldn't get a good enough piece of the player so that our back could get decent yardage out of the play. I believe CP mentioned this in his interview on the Thompson show a few months back.

Petigout at his worst won't be a downgrade from Dock. My only worry with him is this: Whenever I watched the Giants O line in action, I remember the numerous times that those guys would hold and not get called for it. I'm worried that if he comes here, the refs start noticing. Also, I'm not sure who it was on the Giants line but I remember they were also notorious for commiting false start pentalties. Anyone know if he was one of the main culprits?

Luke Pettigout is a penalty magnet. It seems like he is always getting flagged for something. Im not excited by the thought of him playing for the skins. The Giants offensive line has been a joke for a bunch of years and he was part of the reason.:gaintsuck

Okay, that answered my question.

If we got Pettigout, DE Patrick Kearney, WR's Donte Stallworth and Joe Horn, T Jordan Black, S Ken Hamlin and CB's Fischer and Rod Hood, played Espy and released LLoyd, Thrash and Patten we wouldnt have to build through the draft. Black is young enough to platoon or give him the starting job and use our veterans as great backup....Our OL is getting very old and youth needs to be infused now before the situation gets bad. Hamlin would be a great back up S or a possible starter across from ST and he is young still. Hood and Fischer would give us great depth at CB and allow us to trade Rogers if we think he is not developing quickly enough...while he is still tradeable ...or we could just get rid of Springs.

You really need to stop playing Madden . . .

I like the signing if its reasonable. I think Bugel and Gibbs could make Petitgout an effective guard.

Okay, that answered my question.

I didn't see you're question when i typed that. Sorry. In response, no Tiki was a good back and his shiftiness and ability to gain yards after contact were the main reasons for his two or three good seasons before retirement. (that and the fact that he got to rack up 200+ yds on Interstate 57 twice a year) Luke Pettitgout I think has been viewed by most giants fans as part of a general "lack of discipline" problem on the offensive line.

i have absolutley no idea what most of u here are even talking about if u think this would be a mistake signing...i mean with every signing there is something negative surely but false starts thats fixable, teachable u name it..iam worried by the injuries but go ahead and ask any giants fan whos been their best olineman the past couple of years ...this guy would be a huge addition he can play guard i think thats what he was orginally or maybe Rt before NYG moved him to LT and plus hed give us great depth at the tackle spot ....When he went down with the injuries look what happened to the whole offense as a whole im not talking about just tiki but the offense too ...

Game1 vs indy total offense: 433 yards L (0-1)

Game 2: 404 yards at philly W (1-1)

Game 3: at seattle 337 yards L (1-2)

Game 4: vs washington 411 yards W (2-2)

Game 5: at Atlanta 424 yards W (3-2)

Game 6 : at dallas 328 yards W (4-2)

Game 7: vs tampa 251 yards...they actually didnt need any yards tampa was horrible...first game under 320 yards W (5-2)

Game 8: 285 yards vs houston W (6-2)

Game 9: got injured in the 2nd quarter i belive.. they finished with 249 yards ...115 of them in the first qurater right when he got injured manning got sacked by brown and fumbled L (6-3)

Game 10: vs jacksonville 247 yards L (6-4)

Game 11: at tennessee 287 yards L (6-5)

Game 12: VS dallas 396 yards L(6-6)

Game 13: 307 at carolina W(7-6)

Game 14:vs Philly 357 yards L (7-7)

Game 15: vs NO 142 yards L (7-8)

Game 16 : vs US 355 even though tiki had like 250 i think most of it on the right side too W(8-8)

Not only did their offense take a fall but look at the record surely hes not the sole reason the record went down but i hope i made the point that he is a very VERY solid player that we can sure use

I really don't get the hate for Luke here considering that they dominated us on the ground even before this past season and Tiki's dominant numbers....You can't credit Tiki alone for his big seasons...The o-line was instrumental in getting Tiki those ridiculous yardage numbers.

In regards to the penalty situation, Luke was playing left tackle in NY. For us he would be playing left guard and won't have the pressure of having to get off of the line as quickly to stop speed rushers. Lastly he has good size at 6'6 310.....

Archived