Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins not healthy in the secondary

BWareofDWare94

yep, thats right, back to 2005...I dont think so, Smoot is not the same player he used to be (and even then he wasnt all that), and ST was actually good in 2005.

Smoot wasn't here in 2005, he left after '04. Sean Taylor is still pretty good I reckon, the entire defense had a bad year, you really can't single out one guy.

Smoot, Washington's first choice (second round) in the 2001 draft

I'm pretty sure that, ugghh, Rod Gardner :doh: was our first pick (first round) in the 2001 draft...sorry I had to bring that up.

The Skins are going to have a rough season in 06, with this secondary in place.

WOW......Health concerns to go along with an already bad secondary (coverage wise) on a team that gets NO PRESSURE on the QB........and was last in forcing Turnovers in 2005, you get a bad situation.

Wow, If I was a Skins fan (thank the lord I am not) I would be very VERY worried about my pass D.

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20070304-125801-8549r.htm

As Skins fans (thank God we're not Dallass fans) most of in here know we have a 2 year rebuilding of the defense. With only 1 day one pick, we'll need to possibly trade down and get a pick or 2. We know that 1 or 2 players won't fix the defense. I like the move for Fletcher, not spectacular, but solid. Our LB depth will be better.

Yeah, Smoot and Springs have injury problems, but hopefully they won't be hurt at the same time or at all. Rogers technically has been in uniform for the first 32 games of his career, but hasn't started them all.

We need a DE to compliment Carter on the other side. I'd like a bigger more physical DE that can stop the run and get around 8-10 sacks. A healthy Griff and Salavea will help also.

I'm not predicting top 10 defense, but it should be better. You guys aren't exactly great on D either. Deware is a 1 man show and Detroit & New Orleans exploited that. You guys need a better NT and DE's that can actually get sacks and not leave it up to Deware.

If the Skins don't find a way to pressure the QB or create turnovers, they are going to be putrid on defense, again.

I think that point was proven last year. It goes for all teams basically. Look at SD. They get so much pressure, it makes their below average CB's look like all pros.

What was I thinking, The Skins are already a beast D.....just one piece of the puzzle left, a 1st round draft pick DE.....thats all.:D

Seriously, it is early for predicting, but the concern of that banged up secondary, was just puzzling to me.....Its Not looking good.

I am so happy Clements did not sign with the Skins......That would have been a killer signing.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, that's all I'm saying. And are you saying that would have been a killer signing as in "great" or bad for overpaying for him.

Smoot wasn't here in 2005, he left after '04. Sean Taylor is still pretty good I reckon, the entire defense had a bad year, you really can't single out one guy.

I'm pretty sure that, ugghh, Rod Gardner :doh: was our first pick (first round) in the 2001 draft...sorry I had to bring that up.

He's got his years all mixed up :silly:

So I guess the two years before last year we were just terrible and were always going to be terrible. THe d line was banged up last year. Our best CB was injured all last year. We had a guy who didn't fit at MLB. All of that will be changed and you will see that next year. I'll be willing to bet we are top 15 D next year compared to last. IF I win you can take your self to BIg D website and post all this crap you want. IF I lose ban me.

Shouldn't Dallas fans be worrying more about their own secondary that fell apart at the end of last season? Oh wait I guess hiring Wade Phillips will cure all those problems, you know, coaches have more of an impact than adding actual players.

WOW......Health concerns to go along with an already bad secondary (coverage wise) on a team that gets NO PRESSURE on the QB........and was last in forcing Turnovers in 2005, you get a bad situation.

Wow, If I was a Skins fan (thank the lord I am not) I would be very VERY worried about my pass D.

I know that I haven't been on here for very long, but every time I turn around this douche bag is on here bumping his soup coolers about how bad the Skins are. Gas up buddy. Beat it. You're obviously a Dallass fan, go spew on their message board.

I bet they miss you in Texas.:dallasuck

Btw, this thread--along with all your other Skins threads--really DO belong in the Stadium forum, not over here. Notice the description of the ATN forum:

"A separate forum for links to published articles about the NFL (teams, players, news, etc) but unrelated to the Washington Redskins."

The fact that you do not go to the Stadium forum--or even want to go to the Stadium forum--does not supercede this point. I don't go to the Tailgate forum, but that doesn't mean I should be allowed to start up a bunch of Paris Hilton threads in here instead. Many of us Skins fans start threads in the Stadium forum concerning non-Skins players that we'd like to talk about with all the Skins fans in that forum, but you'll be damn sure that those threads will get moved over here, pronto. I'm not sure why a Cowboys fan shouldn't be treated the same way.

Btw, this thread--along with all your other Skins threads--really DO belong in the Stadium forum, not over here. Notice the description of the ATN forum:

"A separate forum for links to published articles about the NFL (teams, players, news, etc) but unrelated to the Washington Redskins."

The fact that you do not go to the Stadium forum--or even want to go to the Stadium forum--does not supercede this point. I don't go to the Tailgate forum, but that doesn't mean I should be allowed to start up a bunch of Paris Hilton threads in here instead. Many of us Skins fans start threads in the Stadium forum concerning non-Skins players that we'd like to talk about with all the Skins fans in that forum, but you'll be damn sure that those threads will get moved over here, pronto. I'm not sure why a Cowboys fan shouldn't be treated the same way.

Good point, and thank you mods for moving this to the Stadium.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, that's all I'm saying. And are you saying that would have been a killer signing as in "great" or bad for overpaying for him.

"killer" as in great, who cares how much it would have taken to get him. I am not one to criticize a team for "spending" money on good/great players....

"Dallas is entering the 2007 season as the team with the greatest uncertainty at the field goal/extra point holder position. The most experienced player on the team was previously Drew Bledsoe, but upon his release, Dallas is left holding their ****s in their hand. Hopefully, they will do a better job of that than Tony Romo sits to pee in the playoffs"

link:

www.dallasucks.nicetryin06.goodplayoffrun.com/

Shouldn't Dallas fans be worrying more about their own secondary that fell apart at the end of last season? Oh wait I guess hiring Wade Phillips will cure all those problems, you know, coaches have more of an impact than adding actual players.

this post is about the Redskins not the cowboys, if you want to talk Cowboys then go to the ATNFL forum and join TR1, he has several Cowboy threads for you to join in

Uhhh can you say glass houses???:doh: ignorance is why nobody like cowboy fans:dallasuck

http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NFL/DEF-PASSING/2006/regular?sort_col_1=8

Archived