Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anthony Spenser/Tank Tyler Draft

Tay

This is what we need to do. If we trade down for either 2 late first, or a first and early 2nd these two can be had. We would fill 2 needs. A solid DT in Tank who could stuff the run, and take on multiple blockers, to free up Fletcher to do what he does best, and a stud pass rushing DE. Spencer is a playmaker at DE. He led the NCAA in Tackles for Loss. This would solidify our DLine for years. I know it would be 2 rooks on the DLine, but Williams knows how to work the rookies in.

The FO needs to Make This Happen.

This is what we need to do. If we trade down for either 2 late first, or a first and early 2nd these two can be had. We would fill 2 needs. A solid DT in Tank who could stuff the run, and take on multiple blockers, to free up Fletcher to do what he does best, and a stud pass rushing DE. Spencer is a playmaker at DE. He led the NCAA in Tackles for Loss. This would solidify our DLine for years. I know it would be 2 rooks on the DLine, but Williams knows how to work the rookies in.

The FO needs to Make This Happen.

I get what you are saying, and it *could* happen..but after some thought I hope we pick up a different DE...I originally wanted Spencer but I think he is a bit undersized..I have a feeling that he is going to do what many Purdue DE's do and convert to OLB (ala Rosey Colvin).

Tank's got attitude problems. Idk I think that there's better talent to be had than these 2 especially in the 1st round. Lots of moves may make our team look good on paper but we need to start delivering when we actually play the games.

I've heard that Tank has attitude problems too, so a better not top 15 draft choice might be Justin Harrell. He tore his bicep yet still played the following game. That's character. It's probably really appealing to Gibbs. Could be had for a real late 1st / early 2nd.

I like Spencers combination of speed and strenght better. He is just as fast as the both of them, and benched double what moss and moses lifed at the combine at 225. He is also a beast against the pass and the run. He was good at rushing the passer and led the nation in TFL. I think he might move up some on draft boards, but I still think he and a space eater at DT can improve our line. Doin this would make the LBs and Secondary better.

I like Spencers combination of speed and strenght better. He is just as fast as the both of them, and benched double what moss and moses lifed at the combine at 225. He is also a beast against the pass and the run. He was good at rushing the passer and led the nation in TFL. I think he might move up some on draft boards, but I still think he and a space eater at DT can improve our line. Doin this would make the LBs and Secondary better.

ur investing too much in the combine man. Athleticism doesn't always translate to being a good football player. Branch on the other hand had the number one rush D in the nation. If we held on to our secound round pick we would have been able to draft him and then a secound round DE. Spencer is projected for the 1st round on several mocks where as moss and moses would have been great second round pickups for us.

a couple things to clear up on what others have said already.

1. Spencer is a little undersized, most "draft experts" have him projects to become an OLB in a 3-4 defense and play the role of a Demarcus Ware type

2. Quentin Moses' draft stock is absolutely plummeting right now. His senior season was below sub-par, considering Charles Johnson (a projected 2nd round pick) was on the other side of his d-line, so it's not like Moses was isolated by other teams. Plus, I've heard his workout numbers aren't anything special either.

3. Jarvis Moss is projected to become an Andre Carter type player, meaning he will play DE but could also play OLB in a 3-4 system. He needs to put on weight, which I think he can. He's looking like a solid 2nd rounder.

I believe the Skins can trade down the #6 and pick up a 2nd rounder. I think we can also trade the 2nd rounder and a future (probably 1st rounder) to another team to acquire another 1st round pick in this draft so we can acquire Branch and a DE, but I'd go with Okoye and Carricker. This draft is so DT and DE heavy, I believe it is worth it to trade a future 1st for a current 1st because another draft with so many quality D-lineman won't be seen for several years. This addresses our needs immediately.

these moves seem to be setting the redskins up to look like they take the best player available be it Quinn, Johnson, Andersen, Adams, etc... This may be a poker move, because if the front office looks like its going to be content with a 6 pick someone might reach a bit further to trade up to wrest it from us

Archived