Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With All The Smoot Talk, Are We Still In The Hunt For Nate Clements?

REDSKINZ-RIDEORDIE

Yeah...I'm not that thrilled about the price tag. Glad to have him, but thats absurd.

Question for ya bud, do yall have the same front office that was there when the niners had to let alot of players go before because of cap numbers?

Because a contract like that will have you going down that same path again.

Question for ya bud, do yall have the same front office that was there when the niners had to let alot of players go before because of cap numbers?

Because a contract like that will have you going down that same path again.

Umm...kinda, our present team of Nolan and McCloughan was hired a year after that big purge, and they had to endure an additional year of purges. But I guess the straight up answer is no. Those contracts were negotiated by Terry Donahue.

Something like a $23 mil bonus. No way we could have paid him that. Smoot is a much better value (I assume)

We could have paid him whatever he wanted to be honest, with the way salary caps and cap structuring works. I'd love to see Clements in a Skins uniform but I have to agree that he isn't worth that much. And this is coming from a Clements homer.

Jesus Christ......Clements just signed with the Niners for 8yrs $80million, $23million bonus.

I bet its actually structured so its a 5 or 6 year deal with minimum salaries for the early years and then a huge balloon salary for the last 2 or 3 years so that he has to be cut or the deal is restructured. I think you can only spread the SB over the first 5 or maybe 6 years of a deal?

In any case it is WAY more than he is worth - good player or not - and I'm glad we did not have the juice to go that high because you know that if we had the cap space we would have paid that to.

Archived