Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joey Porter out in Pitt (Merged x4)

PosseLover

no...i think porter is one of the most overrated linebackers in the game because he talks his own game up so much. also, he's getting a little up there in years, and we would have to give up too much to acquire him.

I say we go after fletcher, as it makes the most sense

i just saw that too...WOW..i guess with the transition from 3-4 to 4-3 porter was the odd man out.. what does everyone think about getting him..

Pittsburgh doesn't value the LB position much and has a history of letting their star LBs walk when they reach their 30s. We don't need an OLB...

he just wanted to get paid after leading them to the superbowl and just playing with such emotion. Hes a beast and we need to get this dude

Alright here is the truth on Peezy, as I like to call him. I went to school at the University of Pittsburgh and had to hear about this guy the whole time, not to mention my best friend is a huge Steelers fan. He was a great pass rusher the year they won the Super Bowl. However this past year he was a total bust. Besides his pick against the Dolphins in the first game of the season he was nowhere to be seen. Week in and week out he was taking on ROOKIE left tackles who were simply dominating him.

My roommate and many other Steelers fans, from Stillers.com, wanted him gone immediately and as soon as Mike Tomlin came in he realized that Peezy is on the decline. This came as no shock to anyone that actually follows the Steelers, yet it seems like everyone else around the league wants this guy on their team.

Just say NO!

I have known Joey all my life, he's a real good dude. I would love for him to play for my favorite team. Joey has at least 3 more years and another 2-3 as a rotational lb. I think it would be a good pick up for the right price.

hes not angry with the steelers.

edit: Hes hated among the cincy players as well as the browns. Hes a little outspoken.

POSTED 9:55 p.m. EST, March 1, 2007

PORTER, AGENT STUNNED BY RELEASE

Though there had been talk that the Steelers might cut linebacker Joey Porter, word is that Porter and his agent were shocked by the move.

Apparently, Porter had still be angling for a raise, and had fully expected to get one.

In our view, this means that Porter will be even more pissed off at the Steelers -- and more likely to try to land within the AFC North.

Meanwhile, word is that the Bengals have been doing some research on Porter with an eye toward trying to sign him.

^ PFT

personally, I just like the storyline and would like to Cincy really upgade that defense

he needs to sign with Cincy

give that defense some attitude, plus get to play the Steelers twice a year

Well Adam Schefter said earlier today that Porter to Cincy would be a perfect fit. Although I was a little caught off guard because of his reasoning when he stated that

"This would be a perfect fit, could you imagine Joey Porter reunited with his former Coach Marvin Lewis?"

I'm still trying to figure out how Marvin Lewis coached Joey Porter in Pittsburgh when Marvin Left for Baltimore 3 years before Joey was drafted??? Seems a little on the impossible side.

But anyway, cincy maybe, but don't discount the Browns.

Now wouldn't that just piss off Steeler fan :laugh:

He runs his mouth enough to be a Raven.

Oh dear god, can you imagine him next to Ray Lewis?

No QB is going to be able to think with those two running their mouths at the line of scrimmage.

hes not angry with the steelers.

edit: Hes hated among the cincy players as well as the browns. Hes a little outspoken.

But he totally hates the Ravens so I do not see him going to Baltimore either. I think he will end up in Cincy because they need help at linebacker plus he gives them a toughest they do not have. The Bengals is a soft team but you add him that will give them something that is missing.

• 1 year later...

Archived