Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wouldn't it be great...Thoughts about Patten

Veretax

at this point I would rather see Mike Espy get on the field for the team at 23 if he has a strong camp. the team can't carry a roster of 33 year old players at every position including backups, we need to start developing and then promoting younger guys (who come cheaper under the cap) into contributing roles :)

DP is not a core redskin.
DP's teammate (Clinton Portis) says that he is a core Redskin, yet you feel justified in saying that he isn't, why?

I'm not trying to be a wise ass or anything, but wouldn't his teammate know better than you wheather or not the guy is a core guy?

What exactly makes him not a core guy in your eyes? He hasn't done alot of ****in and to my knowledge he does what he is asked to do.

atleast he hasn't been an expensive free agent bust... (cap wise)

Really? He's the 12th highest paid player on the team, currently. Here is a list of players who will cost the Redskins less in 2007:

Brandon Lloyd

Adam Archuleta

Andre Carter

Carlos Rogers

Ladell Betts

Sean Taylor

Jason Campbell

Antwaan Randle-El

James Thrash

Joe Salave'a

Lemar Marshall

Mike Sellers

Chris Cooley

Now name one of those players that has contributed less to the team than David Patten. Career stats as a "Core Redskin" (Note: "Core" here means he was a Free Agent signing in 2005): 23 catches 242 yards, 10.5 YPC, 0 TDs.

He's as good as cut, guys. I don't know why everyone wants him so bad. David Patten must be a Jedi Master.

Wow. Where did you get that from?

Pretty much a known fact, at least I thought, that he was placed on IR the last 1/4 of the 05 season. And was widely reported at the time of the playoff run that he had healed from that injury but we, Skins, couldn't risk not filling that space with the O-line injuries we had at that same time.

DP's teammate (Clinton Portis) says that he is a core Redskin, yet you feel justified in saying that he isn't, why?

I'm not trying to be a wise ass or anything, but wouldn't his teammate know better than you wheather or not the guy is a core guy?

What exactly makes him not a core guy in your eyes? He hasn't done alot of ****in and to my knowledge he does what he is asked to do.

exactly...

Patten is a Joe Gibbs guy if there ever was one. Just like Monk attitude-wise.

So just because some fans think he sucks we get rid of more of Joe Gibbs veteran core redskins? NO!!!!!!!!!!! I dont care if he catches a ball all year

Ryan Clark...Robert Royal...get the point? These are the character guys who we NEED to hang on to.

Think of it this way...After listening to the CP interview (wish i had a link)

Patten is a core redskin and he is always trying to help the team any way he can.

Now if your his team mate and you see that attitude and work ethic...It rubs off! .....Then you see him get cut?!!! whats that say about the Redskins? The Redskins I know value hard work and character.:logo:

What's he have, one catch per year?:doh:

Thrash always has my vote for #4 receiver, especially with all the big catches he made last season when called on. He can be a serious receiver but he's just as happy to be a special teams guy. He's a Joe Gibbs player himself.

Oh, I could care less if he was cut and could care even less if he went to an NFC East team. He's not a core guy (sorry Portis) and he hasn't done jack **** for this team since signing here. He's just collecting checks from us because he won some SBs with New England.

Patten wasn't even that good in New England. I'm sure he's a great locker room guy, but you have to weigh that against his inability to get on the field and produce. Having him and James Thrash on the roster doesn't seem to make a lot of sense anymore.

Oh, I could care less if he was cut and could care even less if he went to an NFC East team. He's not a core guy (sorry Portis) and he hasn't done jack **** for this team since signing here. He's just collecting checks from us because he won some SBs with New England.

yeah...that statement was educated:rolleyes:

When called on he has produced in games as the #2 WR

Im glad David Patten is on our team:2cents:

Its about time we value the players we have before players on other teams...

If we cut David Patten its a direct sign that we have not learned from our mistakes

Cutting players like him hurts the moral of the team, some of you just dont get that

Don't forget that Thrash gets in on running downs as well. David Patten has done nothing the two years he's been a Redskin. 23 catches makes him a "Core" Redskin?

When did he get the other 22? Or was it just that Moss and Cooley got 95% of the catches in '05 so I failed to notice? I know he only had one, maybe two this season, putting him on the level of our 3rd and 4th string TE's as far as on the field contributions.

When did he get the other 22? Or was it just that Moss and Cooley got 95% of the catches in '05 so I failed to notice? I know he only had one, maybe two this season, putting him on the level of our 3rd and 4th string TE's as far as on the field contributions.

22 in 2005. 1 in 2006. We signed him in 2005.

Patten and Fauria were let go in New England because their productive years were behind them. Pioli let them walk and the Redskins thought they could squeeze some magic out of guys that had been on a Super Bowl team.

The truth is the Patriots have almost completely rebuilt their title teams from 2001 to 2003 and again to be competitive in 2006 and make it to the AFC championship.

They jettison former pro bowlers like Ty Law who are getting long in the tooth and allow others to overpay for their services.

Ditto for Willie McGinnest in 2006 going to Cleveland.

At least for the Redskins' sake they didn't give up anything for Fauria and Patten has already been here 2 years to stretch out the cap hit for his bonus :)

Patten to me is a guy that will be wearing another uniform in 2007.

Even if he doesnt cost a lot in salary, he still would save us a bunch of space on the cap. Add to that that he isnt even in our top 3-4 receivers, and hes quickly expendable. It would be a good move to cut him. This team next year will not be made or broken on a decision regarding Patten.

oh really, care to list those games for me and his stats during those games, "educated" one?

care to list any WR other than moss that has been productive?

Its no secret that most of the time Brunell threw to moss or threw it away. (ugh hate to be reminded)

While he was healthy in 05 he was a good fit as our #2 (we all agreed back then)

Im saying, he just hasnt had the opportunites, its not neccesarily a lack of skill.

Ide hate to see another core redskin go especially after seeing the effect on the moral of this team

Clark, Harris and Royal werent the best players either, i would love to have them back tho...with the state of this team right now, it would be a bad idea to let go another guy who truly cares about this team:2cents:

Archived