Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mayhem Main Event at NBA All-Star Weekend

Ghost of

he was also out of the league i think when that happend and was already doing tv, he didn't mean to kill him just tried to cover it up the wrong way so there was no intent there

and what happened with ray?

i don't see how you're not the dizziest guy in the world with all the spin you do. :thud:

:laugh:

Why does the NBA disgust you?

Disclaimer: This is just MY humble opinion......

#1) I was a huge Charlotte Hornets fan. We held the attendance record for like 13 straight years, then two years of mediocre attendance because the owner didn't want to pay the likes of Alonzo and LJ, then all of a sudden-adios Charlotte Hornets. They even made it deep into the playoffs their last year in the league. Just bitter about that-nothing to do with the league.

#2) They don't play defense as hard as the college kids do and seem to have no attachment to their teams. Look at the way the Heat started the season. First time winning and defending a championship but the players were so unmotivated that their own coach left them for a month(per Pat Riley's own words on SC last night).

#3) Here's an idea. Let's use all five players on offense instead of one or two in neverending isolation and pick and roll plays. I'm sick of seeing four players on one side of the court while one is in isolation on the other side of the court with no intention to pass. Again, nothing really new but I hated this in the early 90's too.

#4) Blatant disregard for the rules of basketball. Traveling is absolutely rampant, and some players get preferential treatment(nothing really new since the Jordan days, but it sucked then too). The college kids are held more accountable to rules playing for tuition than the pros are making 100 million dollars in contracts and endorsements. Should I even mention the game looks like a street ball game nowadays?

#5) Constant trades left and right. OK, we're the Lakers and we need to make a playoff push. I think I'll bring in Jason Kidd for 40 games just to put us over the edge. But don't worry, he'll be gone next year in a trade by the All-Star Break. The Nets aren't doing so hot? Well, no biggy-just try to unload the only reasons you sell tickets in New Jersey(Jason Kidd and Vince Carter) and alienate your fan base-in the middle of a season. That's the equivalent of the Skins trading Portis, Moss, Jansen, Taylor and Cooley in week 6.

#6)Influx of "look at me" youngsters and European players I have never heard of until the weeks leading up to the draft.

There are many exceptions to all of these and games can be very enjoyable in the playoffs when the stakes are ratcheted up a notch. It just seems they go through the motions for 82 games leading up to the playoffs.

and what happened with ray?

i don't see how you're not the dizziest guy in the world with all the spin you do. :thud:

:laugh:

he kind of hired two guys to kill his pregnant girlfriend :) so no spin there buddy

my point is you can't just look at the nba for bad behavior you have to look at all the sports leagues, heck more bengals went to jail then nba players this year :laugh: :laugh:

he kind of hired two guys to kill his pregnant girlfriend :) so no spin there buddy

my point is you can't just look at the nba for bad behavior you have to look at all the sports leagues, heck more bengals went to jail then nba players this year :laugh: :laugh:

i understand that. i also understand that player behavior is not the topic of the article or this thread. :silly:

#1) I was a huge Charlotte Hornets fan. We held the attendance record for like 13 straight years, then two years of mediocre attendance because the owner didn't want to pay the likes of Alonzo and LJ, then all of a sudden-adios Charlotte Hornets. They even made it deep into the playoffs their last year in the league. Just bitter about that-nothing to do with the league.

I can understand your distaste for the NBA if you were a Charlotte Hornets fan. I lived in NC for a while and kind of adopted the Hornets and were pissed myself when they decided to move. I was actually in attendance for the last home playoff game played there (last game ever) against the Nets.

George Shinn is a POS.

he was also out of the league i think when that happend and was already doing tv, he didn't mean to kill him just tried to cover it up the wrong way so there was no intent there

Oh, so he only accidentally shot his limo driver in the face, and didn't report the facts to the police. Okay. ;) Don't pursue a career in law. :silly:

I can understand your distaste for the NBA if you were a Charlotte Hornets fan. I lived in NC for a while and kind of adopted the Hornets and were pissed myself when they decided to move. I was actually in attendance for the last home playoff game played there (last game ever) against the Nets.

George Shinn is a POS.

:laugh: Yeah that's probably more of the reason than anything. I went to see them 1st round against the Magic that same final playoff year. If I remember correctly, T-Mac ripped us a new one. But it was bittersweet considering everyone in the arena new Shinn was moving the team.

#2) They don't play defense as hard as the college kids do and seem to have no attachment to their teams. Look at the way the Heat started the season. First time winning and defending a championship but the players were so unmotivated that their own coach left them for a month(per Pat Riley's own words on SC last night).

#3) Here's an idea. Let's use all five players on offense instead of one or two in neverending isolation and pick and roll plays. I'm sick of seeing four players on one side of the court while one is in isolation on the other side of the court with no intention to pass. Again, nothing really new but I hated this in the early 90's too.

#4) Blatant disregard for the rules of basketball. Traveling is absolutely rampant, and some players get preferential treatment(nothing really new since the Jordan days, but it sucked then too). The college kids are held more accountable to rules playing for tuition than the pros are making 100 million dollars in contracts and endorsements. Should I even mention the game looks like a street ball game nowadays?

#5) Constant trades left and right. OK, we're the Lakers and we need to make a playoff push. I think I'll bring in Jason Kidd for 40 games just to put us over the edge. But don't worry, he'll be gone next year in a trade by the All-Star Break. The Nets aren't doing so hot? Well, no biggy-just try to unload the only reasons you sell tickets in New Jersey(Jason Kidd and Vince Carter) and alienate your fan base-in the middle of a season. That's the equivalent of the Skins trading Portis, Moss, Jansen, Taylor and Cooley in week 6.

#6)Influx of "look at me" youngsters and European players I have never heard of until the weeks leading up to the draft.

There are many exceptions to all of these and games can be very enjoyable in the playoffs when the stakes are ratcheted up a notch. It just seems they go through the motions for 82 games leading up to the playoffs.

I agree with most everything you wrote and those are the main reasons I love college basketball so much more than NBA basketball.

College basketball is REAL basketball (I played in high school and I can relate to how the game is played in college). NBA basketball is a more popular And-1 league...it's pure streetball and it's pathetic.

Oh, so he only accidentally shot his limo driver in the face, and didn't report the facts to the police. Okay. ;) Don't pursue a career in law. :silly:

:laugh: :laugh:

i was in law

and yes he is a bonehead, but an accidental shooting and one where you hire people are two different types of crimes :D

i understand that. i also understand that player behavior is not the topic of the article or this thread. :silly:

but what the topic is saying the nba players are messing with the wrong crowds etc... my point is the nba is not the worst when it comes to having athletes get in trouble with the law, not even close

This is a bunch of buillsh*t.:mad:

I can easily substitute NBA and insert MLB or NFL .

I agree with most everything you wrote and those are the main reasons I love college basketball so much more than NBA basketball.

College basketball is REAL basketball (I played in high school and I can relate to how the game is played in college). NBA basketball is a more popular And-1 league...it's pure streetball and it's pathetic.

Of course you don't relate to the pro game. The college game is regulated the same way as high school because the abilities of the athletes aren't terribly dissimilar.

On the other hand, the NBA features the best of the best of the best. What college player right now would you put at the three point line with 100 shots and believe that he could hit 73? Gilbert Arenas did it with ONE HAND.

If you tried to bring the college game to the pro ranks, you'd get completely destroyed. Ask Rick Petino.

Of course you don't relate to the pro game. The college game is regulated the same way as high school because the abilities of the athletes aren't terribly dissimilar.

On the other hand, the NBA features the best of the best of the best. What college player right now would you put at the three point line with 100 shots and believe that he could hit 73? Gilbert Arenas did it with ONE HAND.

If you tried to bring the college game to the pro ranks, you'd get completely destroyed. Ask Rick Petino.

That's fine...I'm not really calling for the NBA to change anything, just commenting on why I don't enjoy it. To me, it's a spin-off of the sport of basketball, not actual basketball.

The athletes are phenomenal, I agree. But I'd rather watch poorer athletes play together and win games than watch two great players dominate a game in the NBA.

The only team that comes close to what I'd like is the Pistons of a few years ago. They won with teamwork, defense, and fundamentals. It's no surprise that most NBA fans found that to be irritating and not as enjoyable.

but what the topic is saying the nba players are messing with the wrong crowds etc... my point is the nba is not the worst when it comes to having athletes get in trouble with the law, not even close

it's referring to the image of the nba, it's close ties to thug life, hip hop, etc. it's undeniable.

i think it was djtj that made the point that the nba markets personalities way more than other leagues, so they are in the spotlight more. that's a pretty good point.

Yes, the NBA athletes are not any worse when it comes to getting in trouble with the law. Not that that says very much. But, the distiction of it being the fans and not the players committing the crimes is one that is irrelevant to the fans that this sort of thing will drive away.

"According to the report, the incident was precipitated by Jones going on stage at the strip club and tossing hundreds of $1 bills in the air.

As strippers rushed to collect the money, Jones allegedly became angry, grabbed one of them by the hair and drove her head into the stage. A fight ensued, and as Jones and his entourage began to leave, a person in the entourage reportedly began shooting."

That Pac Man Jones is a real sweetheart. He should be ousted from the NFL.

I was in Vegas Monday night to Wednesday after the game....all the cab drivers and hotels staffs had horror stories...airports were a total mess...jail overcrowded and no cab drivers would go to pick up the released...funny how the paper did say it was such a huge success but anybody you talked to who lives there hated it!!!!!!

Archived