Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patrick Kerney

RedzoneHunter

From the Fox article: "Youngsters Carlos Rogers and Sean Taylor both had down seasons (despite Taylor's laughable Pro Bowl appearance)"

What was so laughable about it? :whoknows: :mad:

I know it seems silly a lot of the time, and most of the time I would agree... But I swear no other team gets bashed as much as we do, not to the extent that we do. There is always some jab. :40oz::chug::pint:

The funniest thing about that Fox Article is that the writer left in this boilerplate guideline:

" Then, list the top three positions the team will be addressing in the off-season.

Where applicable, especially teams with high first-round picks, you can mention possible targets in the draft. Please do it in this exact format, including one or two sentences for each position."

I'll say the guy who fumbles games away and not the guy who literally carried this team to the playoffs.

Call me crazy I guess.

Lets see... In that article he lists that we dont go after our own guys but let them walk. I can agree in a couple points, but one of his examples was Fred Smoot???? I swear... These people write out their ass without doing any research... They make themselves look stupid. We offered him basically the same contract as the Vikes did.

The funniest thing about that Fox Article is that the writer left in this boilerplate guideline:

" Then, list the top three positions the team will be addressing in the off-season.

Where applicable, especially teams with high first-round picks, you can mention possible targets in the draft. Please do it in this exact format, including one or two sentences for each position."

Yeah, what's up with that? :laugh:

Kerney is getting up there in years, plus he has been injured the past couple of seasons. I would rather us spend money on another DE rather than him IF we decide to obtain one in FA.

I would have to pass on him as well, for the simple fact that he plays the same side as Andre Carter. This makes no sense at all.

Kerney is getting up there in years, plus he has been injured the past couple of seasons. I would rather us spend money on another DE rather than him IF we decide to obtain one in FA.

If you are going to discuss a player at least be factual. He missed 7 games LAST year before that he had started 105 consecutive games. Kerney is 30, if you are going to complain about signing an older player--why not question the interest in 32 year old London Fletcher.

If you are going to discuss a player at least be factual. He missed 7 games LAST year before that he had started 105 consecutive games. Kerney is 30, if you are going to complain about signing an older player--why not question the interest in 32 year old London Fletcher.

Exactly. Can all the Kerney is injury-prone myths cease and desisit now?

.....Fletcher's never been injured, and is a team leader. That is his appeal.

Patrick is damaged goods.

Lets not become the haven for injured and/or underacheiving players ... and reward them with heft contracts.

If we have money to burn, Dan call me... I too can play horribly!

I think you need to post less and watch football more. Patrick Kerney did make the Pro Bowl in 2005. His stats are better than any DE we've had since Charles Mann. He is often double-teamed, allowing other players on the Falcons line to make plays.

This being said, I'd hope if we bring him in here that we won't have to overspend and that the addition would make sense with current team chemistry. Bottom Line, he can definitely play, he's not an underachiever (on the contrary), and he's not problematic on the injury front.

30 is not old for a DE. A good DE can easily play into his mid-thirties. Funny how one season in which he was injured makes him damaged goods. If signing him means we can trade down in the first round and pick up a DT then thats two birds with one stone. Not to mention we might be able to pick up a 2nd or 3rd round pick to address linebacker.

I would rather us address the DE position through the draft - if we are getting FAs, we should get either a corner (though not too old) or a MLB. Unless there is a player who is the second coming of Champ available in the draft (which there is not), it takes too long to groom a corner into a starting role. Plus, GW won't start a rook at LB.

But with DE, I think we could work a rook into the rotation early on until he becomes a starter by mid-season. Plus, I think a good young DE can have the ability to really make an impact - more so than a MLB or CB would have.

I would rather us address the DE position through the draft - if we are getting FAs, we should get either a corner (though not too old) or a MLB. Unless there is a player who is the second coming of Champ available in the draft (which there is not), it takes too long to groom a corner into a starting role. Plus, GW won't start a rook at LB.

But with DE, I think we could work a rook into the rotation early on until he becomes a starter by mid-season. Plus, I think a good young DE can have the ability to really make an impact - more so than a MLB or CB would have.

It's important to remember that GW cedes much of his power to his positional coaches (Dale Lindsay had lots of influence in the decision-making about the starting lineup). Ultimately, the ball ends up in GW's court, but he listens greatly to his positional coaches about a prospect's readiness. Some would say he does it to a fault; witness Rocky McIntosh's development and immediate impact as a weakside linebacker for an example (St. Louis stopped short on 3 and inches). Who knows what Olivadotti's reads will be on a rookie?

saying Kerney is injury prone is like sayin Jansen or Washington is injury proned.It's horse flop.the guy is good,hes a vet,it's a good signing to make us better.So he got injured last year,thier D had a down year like we did.Thats when people get injured.It's a shame the draft doesn't happen before the FA period does,we would know exactly what we needed.I don't think there is any half decient DT's avalible inFA this year,so I think thats where we draft,but who knows.

Archived