Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbel goes down... a what if

Veretax

Thank you very much. You just stated what I been saying. I made it bold for you. The RB's moved the ball well and which open them up for the deep balls. I'm glad you are gaining football knowledge. You will be ready for Football 102 shortly son.

Wow professor. Thanks for ignoring the rest of my post. I guess that's what I get for giving both sides of the story, not just humping Mark Brunell's leg like a dog. :hump:

Any chance you Football Theory experts will be doing a Applied Theory class any time soon? You know, dealing with things like applying the basics of the Cover 2 (don't get me wrong, the class so far has been VERY informative and I and my fellow classmates do surely appreciate it) within the context of actual games, with actual players possessing differing skill sets, with actual game situations and that kind of thing?

Just trying to schedule my week so any info on what room and at what time that lecture series will be held would be helpful.

I believe Cyber Pimp will be giving that lecture somewhere over the internet. He knows everything there is to know about NFL schemes and personnel decisions. With a name like that, how could you not trust him?

Wow, that was almost witty. Guess you didnt like the kick in the groin when you tired to grab her ass. :D

And most teams consider anyting over 15 yeards to be "deep".

lol, Actually the kick came from me not wanting to grab her ass because she didnt have one to grab :laugh:. I like you dude. You funny to me. Me and a few friends of mine have a club. Every game we have a party. Plenty of eat and drink. We have strippers come thru and all. One of the games next season I want you guys to come thru. yall have to get to know me man. I'm a cool ass dude. But anyway you seen how Indy beat the cover two. Running the ball well completing shortpasses is the way. Even if you do complete a deep ball. Most of the time the deep passes will be on the sidelines. Ask Reggie Wayne. The colt just showed how to beat a cover two.

I believe Cyber Pimp will be giving that lecture somewhere over the internet. He knows everything there is to know about NFL schemes and personnel decisions. With a name like that, how could you not trust him?

I have played the game and studied it for a number of years.

Only the names change but the game remains the same. (Thats pimpology 101)

lol, Actually the kick came from me not wanting to grab her ass because she didnt have one to grab :laugh:. I like you dude. You funny to me. Me and a few friends of mine have a club. Every game we have a party. Plenty of eat and drink. We have strippers come thru and all. One of the games next season I want you guys to come thru. yall have to get to know me man. I'm a cool ass dude. But anyway you seen how Indy beat the cover two. Running the ball well completing shortpasses is the way. Even if you do complete a deep ball. Most of the time the deep passes will be on the sidelines. Ask Reggie Wayne. The colt just showed how to beat a cover two.

Nah I'll take his. http://espn.go.com/ncf/columns/davie/1437187.html

But as Im happily single you're right about my GF having no butt. :D

I feel like JC won't go down very easily for awhile. He has alot to prove, and at some level that determination will keep him healthy. It's just like at college sports camps (recruiting camps) the campers are put through grueling hours of LAX, Football, you name it, and they usually don't get hurt (I didn't even feel bad back then after playing LAX for 8 hours a day). I think the drive almost prevents you from being hurt, in some "self-fulfilling prophecy" way.

Assuming that to be even slightly true, the question is what do you do with the first string receiving core, do you put them in for more snaps to get the timing down or not.

not only do many of you guys read articles and perhaps religiously watch sean salisbury's worthless play breakdowns on sportscenter, but it seems Madden '07 has taught many of you about the game. :doh:

Nope, not even close. Video games are what they are. Fantasy. You can create and manipulate the game. I look at games and actually Jaws on ESPN is very knowledgable about the game. I never pay attention to Salisbury, he still owes us a walk from Bristol to DC.

The bottomline is that when Campbell was on the field, the opposing defense had to at least respect the ability of the youngster to throw the ball deep.

The only thing JC did consistently was bounce balls in front of receivers on deep out patterns.

He's got a long way to go.

So I take it Professor Pimp has exhausted all his knowledge on explaining the cover 2?

Bummer. Was hoping to hear his take on things like how he'd apply it against RB's as different as Portis and Betts ... and QB's as different as Brunell and Campbell ... and then maybe go REAL in depth and put it in context of applying it to those different kinds of players against a team learning a new system and adjusting it week by week over the course of a season.

I hate dashed expectations. :(

Nah, think I'll pass. I deal with enough over-sexed, testosterone-laided guys at work. Well, maybe one game, that would be about all I could handle though. :D

One game is all I ask. After you leave you will be on ES telling everyone about how much fun you had at The Cyber Pimp's pad. We have like 5-7 dancers doing their thing before the game during halftime and after the game. I have the bar in the basement with plenty of liquor and food. Yall need to come thru man. Every sunday is a funday at my place.

One game is all I ask. After you leave you will be on ES telling everyone about how much fun you had at The Cyber Pimp's pad. We have like 5-7 dancers doing their thing before the game during halftime and after the game. I have the bar in the basement with plenty of liquor and food. Yall need to come thru man. Every sunday is a funday at my place.

Heh, maybe iI'll bring my guitar and amp too and jam afterwards! :cheers:

So I take it Professor Pimp has exhausted all his knowledge on explaining the cover 2?

Bummer. Was hoping to hear his take on things like how he'd apply it against RB's as different as Portis and Betts ... and QB's as different as Brunell and Campbell ... and then maybe go REAL in depth and put it in context of applying it to those different kinds of players against a team learning a new system and adjusting it week by week over the course of a season.

I hate dashed expectations. :(

I'm sorry OM but if you want the full knowledge its gonna cost. Danny boy need to give me a job as an advisor.

I'm sorry OM but if you want the full knowledge its gonna cost. Danny boy need to give me a job as an advisor.

Oh, I don't think I'm smart enough for "the full knowledge," Prof. Certainly not on a Friday afternoon.

I was hoping to at least learn what if any difference the skill set of the particular QB my cover 2 is facing makes, though.

How much would THAT cost me? Maybe I can take up a collection.

It's ok Om I gave up on getting much out of some of these guys. I spent way too much time trying to debate Riggoraider with logic. Decided I wasnt gong to waste more. Besides, I"ll show him what real guitar playing is, and that is one of my passions. :cool:

And then, he'll be eventually asking me what I think about "such and such" like all the other young bucks I work with do when talking about football. They seem to figure it out in the end.

It's ok Om I gave up on getting much out of some of these guys. I spent way too much time trying to debate Riggoraider with logic. Decided I wasnt gong to waste more. Besides, I"ll show him what real guitar playing is, and that is one of my passions. :cool:

And then, he'll be eventually asking me what I think about "such and such" like all the other young bucks I work with do when talking about football. They seem to figure it out in the end.

LOL..what in the world did Riggo Raider have to do with that conversation?

Please do not bring me up when you all are talking about "jamming" each other. I was not even a part of this thread.

Well CP, from the looks of it, after all the "Me Chessmaster, you checkerhead" smoke cleared, all you'd really taught us is that you see absolutely no difference between Mark Brunell and Jason Campbell and would defend them both the exact same way.

Good stuff. :)

There are capable backups out there for the redskins to acquire if they need to. If they can, they should consider getting david carr as long as they don't have to sell the farm (draft picks to get him). That way they wouldn't send the wrong message to Jason Campbell about who is the starter and who is the back up. It could also make Jason Campbell play better as well.

Archived