Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reid takes leave of absence

Kurd Cudins

per Cold Pizza, he will take a leave of absence from the team until mid-March.

Wow. Seems he should have announed this about two weeks ago when the trouble started, but I guess it won't make much of a difference. Let's hope Heckert is running things come March 1 and not Banner. Banner is a cancer when it comes to football decisions. Let him play with his calculator and stay away from any negotiation of any kind.

I don't see this having too much of an impact to be honest. They will be fine.

Really? You do know Reid is very involved in player evaluation. I'm sure they'll do OK, but he needs to get back there from mid March to the draft in late April.

It limits them when he's not there.

He needs to do this, and it's completely understandable because his kids are seriously screwed up, but if this lasts longer than Mid March make no mistake it's bad for the Eagles.

Really? You do know Reid is very involved in player evaluation. I'm sure they'll do OK, but he needs to get back there from mid March to the draft in late April.

It limits them when he's not there.

He needs to do this, and it's completely understandable because his kids are seriously screwed up, but if this lasts longer than Mid March make no mistake it's bad for the Eagles.

Well, I would agree that if he misses a large portion of the off-season, then it will become a problem. However, I don't think him being with his family from mid-Feb to mid-March in itself is one.

If it bleeds into late-March or April, then yes, it could hurt them.

Yeah, you're right. How silly of me. ALL good teams forsake free agency. :laugh:

Good teams use a mix of the draft and free-agency. You know this. I'm not sure why you continue to harp on the no FA approach. :doh:

I don't harp on the no free agency approach. I'm preempting the inevitable response when, as usual, we have sparse activity in free agency, and, as usual, people begin screaming about how we are cheap and have no interest in truly improving our team.

I agree, free agency is one part of building a good team. From March 1 until the draft, though, people seem to forget about every other successful improvement method and think that every player signed by every team represents an immediate upgrade. Fortunately, that isn't the way things work.

I don't harp on the no free agency approach. I'm preempting the inevitable response when, as usual, we have sparse activity in free agency, and, as usual, people begin screaming about how we are cheap and have no interest in truly improving our team.

I agree, free agency is one part of building a good team. From March 1 until the draft, though, people seem to forget about every other successful improvement method and think that every player signed by every team represents an immediate upgrade. Fortunately, that isn't the way things work.

I would agree...I think we should go ahead and give the Eagle organization the benefit of the doubt with their off-season planning. They somehow find ways to be competitive (read: win the division and make the playoffs) almost every single year.

:eaglesuck

jrock, please don't ever hold up how the Redskins do business and compare it to any successful team, ok. It is like the Browns saying they are successful because they play the sport of football along with the Patriots.

Anyway, Reid isn't the main cog when it comes to FA. The Eagles signed Kearse in 04 without Reid even knowing. They assign a value to each position and if someone of interest comes along that Heckert can fit into the window, he is free to make the deal.

Meanwhile, in the real world ... a good man is going through a painful and difficult time, forced to deal publicly with the kind of parental nightmare millions of the rest of us can barely begin to fathom.

Here's to simply having a good thought for Andy Reid and his family.

Just sayin'.

PFT is saying this is the eventual first step in him resigning.

Ahhh, PFT. Held company of the Star or Enquirer.

If Reid signs an extension, they might be able to save face by noting that their report of Reid "resigning" was a typo, missing the hyphen between the "re" and "signing."

Meanwhile, in the real world ... a good man is going through a painful and difficult time, forced to deal publicly with the kind of parental nightmare millions of the rest of us can barely begin to fathom.

Just sayin'.

We've all got problems.

Just sayin'.

Just sayin'.

Should we hold hands, OM?

Most people I know just feel bad for Reid.

But that's another topic. His absence hurts the organization. They're evaluating their own players and the ones coming out in FA and the draft. He's not there for that. It's not like he's missing draft day or TC but it's still a problem.

We've all got problems.

Just sayin'.

Should we hold hands, OM?

Most people I know just feel bad for Reid.

But that's another topic. His absence hurts the organization. They're evaluating their own players and the ones coming out in FA and the draft. He's not there for that. It's not like he's missing draft day or TC but it's still a problem.

17 posts in, an not word had been said about the man himself. Instead folks went straight to how it affects FA and the team and quickly fell into the requisite argument over roster building philosophies. The day I stop noticing or mentioning **** like that is the day I find another community.

Not really. If he left this way it would be pretty sad.

Not the way he left, but that he was leaving.

jrock, please don't ever hold up how the Redskins do business and compare it to any successful team, ok. It is like the Browns saying they are successful because they play the sport of football along with the Patriots.

Are the Bears successful? Were the Saints successful? Were the Eagles successful at the end of the year? If you answer yes to those questions, please answer this one: What is the key ingredient to all of those teams success?

PS - I never compared them to the Skins; you're just so much of a hater, you can't see the forest through the trees.

Just sayin'.

17 posts in, an not word had been said about the man himself. Instead folks went straight to how it affects FA and the team and quickly fell into the requisite argument over roster building philosophies. The day I stop noticing or mentioning **** like that is the day I find another community.

Om - a lot of that has already been said in the other thread on this topic. Also, some of us feel that he's most likely in this situation because he wasn't a great father to begin with. While I feel bad for him, and his situation is something I wouldn't wish on anyone, it is my opinion that he put himself there.

Maybe you missed the other thread, but there has been plenty of sympathy expressed for the man.

Archived