Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I met Don Breaux today...

skinscantbestopped

in a deli I started doin some part time work for. A buddy of mine is the mng for a mcallister's deli that Don Breaux goes to every sunday after church in the off season I suppose. Although I didnt have the balls to go up to a man who was part of three of the most memorable years of my life, one of the other mng's told me he's there every sunday after church. The other mng is a Dolphin fan so he asked Don will he trade ST to miami. Don said "hell no! Did you see that hit last night? I love those Guys from the U!"...Maybe next sunday ill get some jugs and ask him who we're drafting...lol...

Any suggestions on a good question for Don?

The only time I ever saw anyone close up was at the end of the Tampa game when Campbell got his first start. I saw Joe Gibb's backside and a majority of the players, most memorably Portis(who threw his gloves to a Bucs fan:doh: ), Albright(he just stands out), and Brunell (who got a surprising amount of cheers for a QB who just got benched and when we just lost the game).

the non-politic question would be with this kind of coaching staff and personnel on offense how come the Redskins came up a cropper so often in 2006 when late field goal or touchdown would have won the game? :)

I can think of a few games where a lack of rookie mistakes on Campbell's part would have meant a win by 7 or more, particularly in the games against Philly and Atlanta. Then we also have the Betts fumble that when combined with a BS 40 yard pass interference call early, would have meant a win over the Rams. We could have managed a 9-7 year but we'd still be in the same boat headed into 2007. What we really need above all else is a division title followed by a strong playoff performance if not going all the way.

I met Ernest Byner last year at a luncheon. I know how it is in regards to approaching a famous football player or coach. I had all of these questions planned out, but when I approached him the questions vanished. I said I was a Redskins fan. He said "Really? How are you doing man?" Then he stuck out his arm out and shook my hand. I then thanked him for sweeping Dallas and said that comeback game in Dallas was one of the greatest moments I've witnessed since watching the Skins. He said, "don't worry. We'll take care of them again next year." He was awesome and cool to talk with. Plus he signed my football. :cool:

He's a great guy. I rode the elevator down with him one Sunday pre-game with my son. I said 'you're Don Breaux, aren't you?'. He looked shocked someone recognized him. We chatted for a few minutes, he even came up to me later in the lobby and asked where we were from. When I told him NC, he looked surprised. I said 'your fans are a lot more intense than you all realize'.

Very nice man.

ask him about his daughters, Kara and Sheila and watch him light up! Ask him how Quarterbacking at McNeese State in the 60's/70's is different from College and the NFL today.

Ask him how we are going to improve in the Red Zone after last year performing in the bottom quartile all last year

Ask him (in a friendly way) if he expected to be as successful with Joe this time around (since he was a big part of the success the first time around) what the difference is in the NFL that is keeping them from reliving those successes.

How is Joe Different this time around

Has he ever been to a Nascar event with Joe? Daytona?

Finally, ask him about his Church, where he goes and what it means to him. Wouldn't surprise me if he personally invites you. Tell your manager that you will be coming in a little later on Sunday's

Don Breaux is one of the real special men in the NFL. He is quiet, humble, but the more you know about him, the more respect you will have for him. Joe Gibbs is one of the greatest judges of character there is - it is his secret for success. Joe has gone out of his way to hang on to Coach Breaux. That should tell you all you need to know!

in a deli I started doin some part time work for. A buddy of mine is the mng for a mcallister's deli that Don Breaux goes to every sunday after church in the off season I suppose. Although I didnt have the balls to go up to a man who was part of three of the most memorable years of my life, one of the other mng's told me he's there every sunday after church. The other mng is a Dolphin fan so he asked Don will he trade ST to miami. Don said "hell no! Did you see that hit last night? I love those Guys from the U!"...Maybe next sunday ill get some jugs and ask him who we're drafting...lol...

Any suggestions on a good question for Don?

Three questions for Don:

1. What is it you do again?

2. Which restaurant has the best blue plate special?

3. Would you like to kiss me?

Three questions for Don:

1. What is it you do again?

2. Which restaurant has the best blue plate special?

3. Would you like to kiss me?

Apparently Gibbs thinks he's pretty valuable. And I think Gibbs may know better than you - just a hunch though :)

Some reason he deserves the harsh words?

Archived