Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Sunday has been ruined!!

skinnyles

There is no way I can even watch ESPN tomorrow. Just thinking of Irvin getting praise from his fellow mediots and his trying to be " Oh so humble" in their praise will make me sick. They were somewhat hard to take with Irvin before ...now they are completely unwatchable. This will burn for many months to come!!!

The thought of Irvin's induction ceremony makes me sicker than when I saw him in the parking lot of FedEx b/f the Minn game this past year. He was so close I wanted to spit on him, but I also wanted to go into the game instead of a night in the PG tank.

There is no way I can even watch ESPN tomorrow. Just thinking of Irvin getting praise from his fellow mediots and his trying to be " Oh so humble" in their praise will make me sick. They were somewhat hard to take with Irvin before ...now they are completely unwatchable. This will burn for many months to come!!!

What hurts me even more than Irvin is Werhli and Sanders. I've seen these guys play and them getting in before Monk was a, total, slap in the face.

Irvin had nothing to do with the voting

You are right and I, for one, am not upset with Irvin but the selection committee is a absolute joke. I mean, hell, what did this guy have to acheive to get into the Hall?

You can not get better than the top and that was where he was at when he retired, he had the most receptions ever when he retired. By gawd, they should, at least, make it look like they are being fair.

What hurts me even more than Irvin is Werhli and Sanders. I've seen these guys play and them getting in before Monk was a, total, slap in the face.

When you get down to it, how should Wehrli get in before Pat Fischer, since stats and Super Bowl wins are no longer in vogue for entry?

People like you who hold this against Irvin kill me. First off, the guy IS deserving of the HOF no matter what you might think. Not saying he should be in before Monk. But it is what it is. Why blame Irvin? Why not vent at those who are actually RESPONSIBLE for him not being in....THE MEDIA GUYS THAT VOTE!! Why shouldn't he be praised? That's the part I don't understand. And, for what its worth, I agree with the few here who have stated that Irvin could be of help. Everyone knows he is outspoken. He's already on record as saying Monk should be in. He has to feel even more sympathy for Monk not getting in prior to him. I would be willing to bet that in the coming year he will put in his good word about Monk more so than ever before. While im sad that once again Monk has been snubbed, I hold out hope that he will eventually get in

The thought of Irvin's induction ceremony makes me sicker than when I saw him in the parking lot of FedEx b/f the Minn game this past year. He was so close I wanted to spit on him, but I also wanted to go into the game instead of a night in the PG tank.

Have you ever tried Anger Management courses? You wanted to "spit" on him? You are classless to even think such a thing. But you are no dummy. I'm sure had you mustered up the nerve to do it, Irvin would have beaten you to a pulp. Just my :2cents: ...

Am I the only person here that doesn't get excited for superbowls? Last year, I couldn't wait, but for this one, I wasn't even bored last sunday like I usually am when there is no football.

I'm with you. I was more excited about the Wiz game tonight then I am about the Super Bowl tomorrow. First, and most importantly, Mr. Monk doesn't get in and then Gil and the Wiz lose to the Lakers and that guy who plays for them. Who's playing tomorrow again?

People like you who hold this against Irvin kill me. First off, the guy IS deserving of the HOF no matter what you might think. Not saying he should be in before Monk. But it is what it is. Why blame Irvin? Why not vent at those who are actually RESPONSIBLE for him not being in....THE MEDIA GUYS THAT VOTE!! Why shouldn't he be praised? That's the part I don't understand. And, for what its worth, I agree with the few here who have stated that Irvin could be of help. Everyone knows he is outspoken. He's already on record as saying Monk should be in. He has to feel even more sympathy for Monk not getting in prior to him. I would be willing to bet that in the coming year he will put in his good word about Monk more so than ever before. While im sad that once again Monk has been snubbed, I hold out hope that he will eventually get in

Agreed, although I must admit I hate Irvin. He does deserve the HOF, but not before Monk.

Also if he actually uses airtime to advocate Monk I will have a tiny, tiny amount of respect for him. That would be a classy thing to do.

Call it how you want Cowturd. But for us true Skins fans having that conceited, arrogant, still living in the nineties crackhead getting into the Hall before our beloved Monk is the true slap in the face. To much slurping of the Turds by the media and whatnot is just to damn much. :mad:

That's exactly right and some people should take a step back and quit pointing out the negatives. I want Art in just as bad as anyone, me and the wife were going to Canton for the induction if he made it this year, now we aren't. Making fun of a man who went through hell with a drug addiction, who turned his life around and still has struggles just isn't what being a Redskins fan is all about.

Plus it makes you look like hypocrites since the strong majority of you are the same ones that call Sean Taylor HOF material, etc.........if you remember, he had off the field problems and spit in another mans face.

We all should just recognize the HOF as a popularity contest among journalists. Does it really shock anyone that a flashy, always in the news WR, who now works for a sports network got voted in by the media?

Call it how you want Cowturd. But for us true Skins fans having that conceited, arrogant, still living in the nineties crackhead getting into the Hall before our beloved Monk is the true slap in the face. To much slurping of the Turds by the media and whatnot is just to damn much. :mad:

Why are you insulting the man like that. I am 100% sure that Irving didn't have a vote. It pisses me off too, but acting like an ass to a Cowboys fan who is not being out of line just makes you look stupid.

One thing, about the whole event yesterday that really chapped my ass was they were talking about how hard it was for Irving to wait and wonder........he got in year three...........that truely pissed me off. Other than that, it is what it is.

Dude, he may be a Cowboys fan, but he is exactly right. It's not Irvin's fault. Come on dude, you're better than that. That's like going to the level of the HOF voters.

It trully is a shame Monk is a much better player and a better guy than Irvin will ever be. But i guess a guys character has nothing do with being in the hall of fame. So this is who our kids are gonna look up to. A drug swendlin, cheating, pushing off jerk. What is wrong with the world today?

Archived