Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has Norv Turner snatched defeat from the jaws of victory yet again?

TC4

I was just watching SportsCenter on ESPN at 6 PM (Yes, I am THAT BORED)

They were talking to Chris Mortensen about the Cowboys :puke: head coaching job, and he said that the Cowboys :puke: are going to wait till next week or later to announce their new head coach

He also said that the Cowboys :puke: want to interview Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera, and that he was recommended to Jerry Jones :puke: :puke: by Norv Turner :laugh:

They are still saying that Norv is the favorite for the job on ESPN, but if Rivera does indeed get the job, would that be funny or what?

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Norv will be crushed-- Not only has his gushing over the Boys job has purely and I mean purely offended the whiners fans- He has turned down a BIG MONEY contract with being niners OC. He doesnt get the Dallas job and he dosent get the contract leaving him at square one and caught lying from what he said last year to the fans, team and blood relations who are sick of moving. SUCKS MAN

It would be the ultimate Norv moment :laugh:

No, sadly, that monent is reserved for the 1999 season opener

Blowing a 35-14 lead with 10 mins left in the game against the Cowboys at FedEx was way worse :cry:

John Clayton was saying earlier today on ESPN News that one of the reasons that Jones is waiting until next week to make his announcement is at the request of the NFL, who doesn't want any distractions away from their big game.

(Maybe they are a little preturbed about Parcells quitting right around the AFC and NFC Championship games and distracting from that? :) )

Norv had Ryan in Oakland, and some pretty good defenses in DC as well

Every year except 2000 wiith Rhodes the Skins were in the bottom half as far as yards against, and best finish as far as points allowed was #9 in '97. I don't see how our defenses were "pretty good" during the Norv era. Lynn and Nolan? :laugh:

Rivera's contract with the Bears will expire after the Super Bowl, and the Cowboys are interesting in talking to him about their head-coaching job. And Turner has told Jones that Rivera is the man he'd like to hire as defensive coordinator if he gets the Cowboys' top job.

John Clayton was saying earlier today on ESPN News that one of the reasons that Jones is waiting until next week to make his announcement is at the request of the NFL, who doesn't want any distractions away from their big game.

Yes, far better to focus fully on Tank Johnson. Good point.

right.. chicago wont offer him more than dallas haha chicago is cheap as hell.. hell lovie smith is the lowest paid HC..

Perhaps, but it is much easier to stay one more year in Chicago and look at open positions next year than move to pukeland for a year to become coordinator just to look again next year.

Unless Chicago throws him out or refuses to offer an acceptable deal to Rivera I just don't see him leaving.

Archived