Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has Norv Turner snatched defeat from the jaws of victory yet again?

TC4

I don't understand the point of Chicago letting Rivera go. Unless Dallas offers him an obsene amount of money, why would you allow the D Coordinator that has taken your team to the SB walk, when if you give him a bit of a raise (well due: his D has led Chicago the past two seasons) he will stay.

Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture, but unless the Chicago FO is just being cheap, I really don't get it. :whoknows:

in no way am i disagreeing with you but if i were him, whats to say y not take the cowboys DC job if turner is HC and then maybe use the boys job as a stepping stone for next year

Because he would much rather work under Smith than Turner? You have a point, but I guess it depends on whether he wishes to stay on the NFC (potential SB champ) or improve a team. Marvin Lewis definetely used the Skins as a stepping stone to get a HC job, so Rivera could do the same.

I just feel that he would rather stay on a champion, then go to Dallas. On the other hand, Dallas already has a strong defense so he would not be working from scratch.

I don't know about anything behind the scenes, but if I were him, and was assured that a HC job was not possibly, then why leave? The Pats coordinators (Ex: Mangini, Crennel, Weiss) stayed when they couldnt get jobs, and they won a couple more championships, and in the end.....they became HC's (Weiss being the exception went to Notre Dame).

in no way am i disagreeing with you but if i were him, whats to say y not take the cowboys DC job if turner is HC and then maybe use the boys job as a stepping stone for next year

Looking at it from another angle. Would you like to work for L. Smith or N. Turner?

Also, he has a much better chance of being successful next year in Chicago than traveling south to try and rebuild a defense with less talent. That, hopefully, should translate into more consideration for a head coaching job. If he goes to pukeland and the team struggles he will be lumped in with Norv and perhaps ruin his chances to fill a vacancy.

Just speculating, however.

no doubt i would like to work for lovie. but im guess his salary is no higher than 1 mil now and it could be about 2.5 as a DC with DC these days and with jerry jones..

I can't disagree with you either. Money has a way of making people walk. If JJ offers a lot more money Ron Rivera might leave.

Again, Rivera won't leave unless he gets a head coaching job. He is not going to leave Chicago as defensive coordinator to go to pukeland as defensive coordinator. Chicago will simply offer him more money, give him assistant head coach title and end speculation.

Or so you hope.

Jones will outbid Chicago without thinking twice if he truly does want Rivera as DC.

No, sadly, that monent is reserved for the 1999 season opener

Blowing a 35-14 lead with 10 mins left in the game against the Cowboys at FedEx was way worse :cry:

Agreed 100% :applause:

He didn't have his team physically ready to play, THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON, AT HOME!

I was SO done with Norv then. So was Danny.

Archived