Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

L.T.'s Face Shield

Trippster

Yea you have to get cleared to wear one first. Has CP always worn the clear face shield?? I know I have seen it in some games but does he always wear it. The game against philly last year when he wore the dark shield and those socks were pure hotness. I would like to see him in the dark shield if he could get it approved.

I thought that all football players were required now to go with the clear face shield. Portis used to have a dark shield but he was forced to switch. So why

does L.T. get a free pass? Do the rules not apply to him?

It's a medical situation. Many players wear it, many others are forced to go with a clear shield or no shield at all.

It's a medical situation. Many players wear it, many others are forced to go with a clear shield or no shield at all.

Medical situation my ###. What insane medical condition would necessitate a dark face shield? If I played in the NFL I'd just pay a doctor to write me an excuse so I can wear it. This is a dumb rule.

Medical situation my ###. What insane medical condition would necessitate a dark face shield? If I played in the NFL I'd just pay a doctor to write me an excuse so I can wear it. This is a dumb rule.

Only people with sensitive eyes can wear it. Whether it's a good rule or not, it's a rule.

All it takes is a note. Without a note, you can wear a clear shield or nothing at all. I don't see why it's necessary...players didn't even cover their faces with bars not too long ago.

If you submit some medical paperwork, you can get approved. I'm sure that's what LT did.
What insane medical condition would necessitate a dark face shield?
Only people with sensitive eyes can wear it.

I'm pretty sure this is the case - he eyes are sensitive to light, so he wears to visor so he can see better. Or he paid off a doctor. I have no idea.

Who cares??

When you can afford some quack doctor to sign some paperwork to say his eyes are sensitive to light, you can do whatever you want. It's like this in the real world, too. Some slacker who doesn't want to work claims disability and gets paid to sit on his butt and watch Jerry Springer. It's the same thing.

Only people with sensitive eyes can wear it. Whether it's a good rule or not, it's a rule.

All it takes is a note. Without a note, you can wear a clear shield or nothing at all. I don't see why it's necessary...players didn't even cover their faces with bars not too long ago.

This is a similar situation to what the NBA encountered last year regarding the tights. As long as they had a note from a doctor they would be permitted to wear the tights. I think the NFL will soon follow suit and not allow anyone to wear the dark visor.

This is a similar situation to what the NBA encountered last year regarding the tights. As long as they had a note from a doctor they would be permitted to wear the tights. I think the NFL will soon follow suit and not allow anyone to wear the dark visor.

What ridiculous rules.

I heard that Cooley had to cut his fro this season because he didn't have a note.

Could this all derive from Jim McMahon, who wore the visor becuase he legitimately needed it to play football? Perhaps after that, the league said "we'll allow it, if medical reasons deem it neccesary."

Back in Pop-Warner we could wear the black, but not the reflective. A few years later you could only wear the clear one, no matter who you wore, not that Pop Warner has any baring on the NFL.

They get really dirty and make it tough to see. They need to be cleaned three or four times a game. Never had any trouble breathing with one though.

In the summer, the hot air got caught up in it and just made it feel hotter then it was. Tough to breath in your own hot breath when it's 100 outside. I never tried it as the weather cooled.

Sensitive to light? That's crap. And why is there a limit to who can wear a face shield at all? Are some people less sensitive to being poked in the eye?

If Portis wants to wear it, and anyone else can, then let him. If it's not that big a deal, then just let him effing do it.

I believe anyone can wear a clear shield if being poked in the eye is their fear. The only restrictions are on the dark ones.

Archived