Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jeff George

Golgo-13

We all know that Jeff George is a deep-threat QB with his cannon arm. What I want to know is, with the way that things have shaken out this season and with Shane Matthew's noodle arm and fear of going deep, who would you rather have at QB right now? Just for argument's sake...

Shane, no question.

I think it's safe to say that given our offensive personnel just about any QB this side of Brett Favre would have seen the bench sometime this season. Could you imagine the George vs. Spurrier drama the first time George got benched? No thanks.

Sorry but I'd have to say J George since there isnt a neither option.

The guy is a quick study when it comes to offensive systems and while you do have to wonder where his head is at give the guy an O line that can buy him some time and you do get wood at the thought of those lazers down field to our receivers.

Originally posted by escholz

We all know that Jeff George is a deep-threat QB with his cannon arm. What I want to know is, with the way that things have shaken out this season and with Shane Matthew's noodle arm and fear of going deep, who would you rather have at QB right now? Just for argument's sake...

I'd rather slide down a razor blade into a vat of alcohol than have Jeff George on this team again!

I realize George was apparently a head case but I think people really go overboard sometimes in bashing him. Lets look at the games he played in for the Skins:

at Arizona: we lost by a point or two and only scored 15 pts I think, but Stephen Davis fumbled into the end zone once and Kris Heppner missed an easy FG

at Rams: we score 30 pts in win

vs Philly: without Stephen Davis, scored 20(?) pts, but this included a series where our lame backup RBs couldn't punch it inside the Philly 3 in SIX tries. And kicker du jour Eddie Murray misses an FG that would tie the game.

vs Giants: spells Brad Johnson after three scoreless quarters. Leads team to a TD and puts them in position for a game-winning FG that, once again, weak-legged Murray can't get

Now, granted Jeff didn't do much in the 2 games after Norv was fired, but I think the whole team was spent at that point. And he did nothing in the first 2 games of 2001, but I don't think Johnny Friggin Unitas would've succeeded in the offense Marty was running the early part of last year. And you can also make the case that Shane hasn't had the services of a healthy Davis for the past two weeks and also got victimized by a botched field-goal attempt last week.

I just think the question is a painful reminder of how impatient this club has been with QBs. And it has shown in the results.

Wow, the results of this poll are closer than I'd thought they'd be.

The way I see it, you can have a crappy QB who is a relatively amiable guy, or you can have a crappy QB who will tear your team apart.

George has failed EVERYWHERE. It's a well-known fact throughout the league that this is NOT a guy you want on your team.

He is a low-life scumbag and should be treated as such.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

Wow, the results of this poll are closer than I'd thought they'd be.

The way I see it, you can have a crappy QB who is a relatively amiable guy, or you can have a crappy QB who will tear your team apart.

George has failed EVERYWHERE. It's a well-known fact throughout the league that this is NOT a guy you want on your team.

He is a low-life scumbag and should be treated as such.

I agree with you but just wanted to point out that Boy George was successful in Minnesota...

One team out of 5, 6, 7? How many is it?

As much as people hate George, I remember him coming out of college with fire and getting completely destroyed everytime he passed with the sorry Colts. He turned out to be a sh*t, but what if some of these kids that were good did not get drafted by dead end organizations. Poor Harrington.:doh:

Archived