Who do you want to win the superbowl  

182 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the superbowl

• Bears
    • Colts

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3264720

Best Upsets:

5) SB XVIII: Raiders 38, Redskins 9

Didn't we pull of one of the biggest upsets ever? Remember that whole "no team has ever come back after being down by more than 7" thing?

Best Blowouts:

Alright, there were a few teams that scored more than us

but this is better than 42-10?

5) SB XXXVII: Buccaneers 48, Raiders 21

Best Player Performance:

5) (tie) SB XXII: Doug Williams — 340 pass yards, 4 TD;

I guess we take what we can get.

Most impressive Super Bowl defensive performance:

Neither a Mann nor a Manley...

Best Signature NFL Films Moment:

2) SB XVIII: Marcus Allen reverses field for 74-yard TD run against Redskins in SB XVIII

We did win a few of these didn't we?

Best Blooper:

1) SB VII: Garo Yepremian's attempted pass that turned into a Redskins touchdown

Of course it takes a blooper for us to score at all...

Best Halftime Show:

5) Chubby Checker with the Rockettes and 88 grand pianos at Super Bowl XXII

I'm sure glad that there was something to see that night, it's not like the game was a big deal or anything.

Best Super Bowl Quotes:

5) SB XXII: Reporter to Redskins quarterback Doug Williams, "How long have you been a black quarterback?"

I'll take this one. :applause:

Best Super Bowl Quotes:

5) SB XXII: Reporter to Redskins quarterback Doug Williams, "How long have you been a black quarterback?"

This just goes to show you the amount of effort that actually went into this article - this question was one of the most commonly quoted "dumb questions." Problem is - it was never asked. Williams was asked when it started to matter that he was a black QB.

This just goes to show you the amount of effort that actually went into this article - this question was one of the most commonly quoted "dumb questions." Problem is - it was never asked. Williams was asked when it started to matter that he was a black QB.

This was posted in another thread - good read that sheds light on myth of the "How long have you been a black quarterback?" question:

http://www.snopes.com/sports/football/williams.asp

Best Upsets:

Didn't we pull of one of the biggest upsets ever? Remember that whole "no team has ever come back after being down by more than 7" thing?

Best Blowouts:

Alright, there were a few teams that scored more than us

but this is better than 42-10?

5) SB XXXVII: Buccaneers 48, Raiders 21

How can a game be the biggest upset & the best blowout at the same time?

it was both ...

1- We were major underdogs going into the game, Bruce Smith etc was going to have a field day the defence was supposed to be fierce and Elway etal were last years Superbowl loosers.... + No team has ever come from 10 points behind in a superbowl... just like no Bill Parcells has never lost a game with a 13+ point margin in the forth quater...

2 - We scored 35 points in 1 quater a feet never repeated - Never repeted

3 - We give theball Timmy Smith and he still holds the record for most yards rushing in a superbowl (204)

4 - Ricky Sanders held the record only eclipsed by Jerry Rice for most yards recieving (194)

5 - The last time the Broncos scored in the game 5.21 seconds in the first quater

Tell me how that is not a blow out

Best Super Bowl Quotes:

I'll take this one. :applause:

[/font]

That's a legit question, I've heard via Michael Jackson that he has a skin disorder that changed his skin color from white to black. :doh:

it was both ...

1- We were major underdogs going into the game, Bruce Smith etc was going to have a field day the defence was supposed to be fierce and Elway etal were last years Superbowl loosers.... + No team has ever come from 10 points behind in a superbowl... just like no Bill Parcells has never lost a game with a 13+ point margin in the forth quater...

2 - We scored 35 points in 1 quater a feet never repeated - Never repeted

3 - We give theball Timmy Smith and he still holds the record for most yards rushing in a superbowl (204)

4 - Ricky Sanders held the record only eclipsed by Jerry Rice for most yards recieving (194)

5 - The last time the Broncos scored in the game 5.21 seconds in the first quater

Tell me how that is not a blow out

Bruce Smith....? Wrong team, wrong year, wrong Super Bowl....

Best Upsets:

That 38-9 still stands as the biggest ever. We rolled over everyone that year just like in 1991. Our two losses were only by one point each and the Offense racked up 540 points all year. Even though the Raiders were 12-4 they had alot of close calls. Not to mention we beat them earlier in the year.

more complaints and b-ing, what else is new on this forum

You know, you can leave. Nobody wants you to stay here if your gonna make retarded posts like this. We could easily replace you with noob who actually has input to the discussion.

As for the previous superbowls, I can't comment on that much, but the Doug Williams question has been proven false. An earlier post sent you the link to Snopes. Part of me still wants to believe it, though. Reporters are kinda stupid.

Guest Knightwchmn

How long will it take you people to learn??? The Redskins are probably one of the most disrespected teams in American Sports. To get ANY recognition, they have to go three times as far as anyone else...

They are never mentioned in great SuperBowl Moments...

They are never mentioned when "forums" discuss teams that almost went undefeated (1991 - 14-2 - second loss was a gimme to the Eagles once the record was out of reach)

They are never mentioned as one of the top teams of the 1980's (San Fran, Giants, Chicago...)

On, and On, and On...

Yet... they are listed as one of the top five professional sports teams that people "love to hate", along with Dallas, the Raiders and the Yankees?!?! Does that make sense??

I can see the Cowboys with their "America's Team" gloat

...the Raiders with their nasty play...

the Yankee's because they just dominate... but the 'Skins? What have they ever done to anyone? Except this...

1) They come from D.C. - the seat of Government and everyone loves to hate D.C.

2) No one will ever give them any respect with the "politically incorrect" Redskin name

...but I say screw them all - Hail to the Redskins!! It makes it all the sweeter when they DO win!!

:2cents: :applause:

That 38-9 still stands as the biggest ever. We rolled over everyone that year just like in 1991. Our two losses were only by one point each and the Offense racked up 540 points all year. Even though the Raiders were 12-4 they had alot of close calls. Not to mention we beat them earlier in the year.

Actually we had to come back at home to beat the raiders!

Archived