Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Colts are going to blast the Pats

grampi

I'll tell you why:

The Pats aren't nearly as good of a team as they were when they were winning SBs.

The Colts defense has looked like the #1 defense in the league the last two weeks.

The Colts have been waiting for this exact scenario for payback. The Colts are at home and they are salavating at the oppotunity to get this New England monkey off their backs. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts score 60+ points in this one. I also wouldn't be surprised to see several Pats players get carried off the field on a stretcher. The Colts are out for blood.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Colts score 60+ points in this one. I also wouldn't be surprised to see several Pats players get carried off the field on a stretcher. The Colts are out for blood.

No, no and no.

60 points? I hope this is a silly attempt at uber-hyperbole and you don't actually believe this.

The Colts may very well win the game, but the Pats are by far the more physcial team. Also, Indy has been winning by playing "ugly ball". I think they've found something there. They've tried the "throw the ball all over the field" approach before in the playoffs, and it hasn't worked.

This year, they've been a run-first team in the playoffs. I expect to see more of that against the Pats.

Colts win, 23-22.

Don't listen to Grampi, he had a stroke today. Poor old guy is delusional :D j/k

I don't man, I don't know what to make of this game. The colts have played two straight offenses with limited QBs and downhill type running games. They had no reason not to stuff the box constantly. I know don't know how they'll do against a Maroney Dillon combination. I see the Pats being able to move the ball and score and you still have to have this nagging feeling the Belichick has Manning's number and know's how to confuse them. Remember, for all the perceptions, this was the #2 defense in points allowed on a 12-4 team, 3rd in the league in rush defense. It's not going to be easy going for Manning. I'm real undecided on this game but I really don't see how I could pick against Brady and Belichick in this game. I think the Pats will win a close one.

as a side note, how hilarious would it be if Vinatierri missed a potential game winner in the whaning seconds to give NE a win?

as a side note, how hilarious would it be if Vinatierri missed a potential game winner in the whaning seconds to give NE a win?[/size]

It would not be very hilarious if you are Bill Polian.

I'm actually rooting for AV to MAKE that last second field goal, proving that you can't just jettison every player (besides QB) that wants to cash in on success. The Pats just don' pay people, and sooner or later, it has to catch up to them.

Doesn't it? :whoknows:

The Colts may very well win the game, but the Pats are by far the more physcial team. Also, Indy has been winning by playing "ugly ball". I think they've found something there. They've tried the "throw the ball all over the field" approach before in the playoffs, and it hasn't worked.

and the patriots have been playing great?? Nobody in the AFC in the QB position has played good.

It would not be very hilarious if you are Bill Polian.

I'm actually rooting for AV to MAKE that last second field goal, proving that you can't just jettison every player (besides QB) that wants to cash in on success. The Pats just don' pay people, and sooner or later, it has to catch up to them.

Doesn't it? :whoknows:

If it does, this would seem like the year. We'll see I guess. And I hear you about the way the Pats are with players. I guess I just have an irrational dislike of all things Manning so I would find that funny. The guy just annoys me and I don't like the style of football they play.

The second year they played the Pats I was like Indy has everything this year to take out them out and it did not happen, I bought into all the hype all week leading up to the game, and Peyton choked. Until I see the Colts beat them I will have to take the Pats, some teams just have another teams number. Who knows though.

If it does, this would seem like the year. We'll see I guess. And I hear you about the way the Pats are with players. I guess I just have an irrational dislike of all things Manning so I would find that funny. The guy just annoys me and I don't like the style of football they play.

Manning could be in a few less commercials and win a few more playoff games, doncha think?

But you have to admit, in these last two games, the Colts are playing old school football. Will they keep doing it? Will Bill Belichick come up with the perfect defensive game plan? Will the Colts be able to run the ball if the Pats play 2-deep? Will Manning deliver if the Pats try to stop the run? Will Tom Brady break their hearts?

Can't wait for this game.

Bill Belicheck is a better coach than Herman Edwards

The Patriots are a better offense than the Baltimore Ravens

The colts D these past 2 weeks haven't faced anything like what they're going to face Sunday. Even with no names on the offense, the Pats are in the Colts heads. Both sides of the ball.

Don't even get me started how they're in Peyton's head.

On paper, in Madden, the Colts should win this game 38-10. In real life, the Patriots are going to win.

Manning could be in a few less commercials and win a few more playoff games, doncha think?

:laugh:

My sentiments exactly.

But you have to admit, in these last two games, the Colts are playing old school football. Will they keep doing it? Will Bill Belichick come up with the perfect defensive game plan? Will the Colts be able to run the ball if the Pats play 2-deep? Will Manning deliver if the Pats try to stop the run? Will Tom Brady break their hearts?

I think another big, big factor is the Colts WRs. If you haven't noticed, the way the refs are calling PI and illegal contact has done a COMPLETE 180 from the regular season, it's back to like it was 3-4 years ago right now, we're not seeing ticky tacky calls anymore, they're letting them play. To me, that bodes very well for NE. The one thing these other teams in the playoffs haven't done enough of yet and something Belichick ALWAYS does to the Colts is bump and rough up their WRs. The Pats have taken Marvin Harrison's head out of the game numerous times playing him physical, I don't think we'll see as steady a diet of 2-deep as you might expect. I expect the Pats to shut down the Colts running attack fairly well.

Can't wait for this game.

Indeed, it should be a good one :cheers:

The colts D these past 2 weeks haven't faced anything like what they're going to face Sunday. Even with no names on the offense, the Pats are in the Colts heads. Both sides of the ball.

On paper, in Madden, the Colts should win this game 38-10. In real life, the Patriots are going to win.

You just summed up the basic feeling I'm leaning towards for this game. The Colts got probably the two worst offenses in the AFC playoffs, both with limited QBs and teams that don't stretch the field. It should be interesting, though. Something tells me Peyton just doesn't have it.

u guys forget that the pats actually have a qb that is gonna throw th efootball and make the colts secondary actually show up and play.. KC and bmore are run-heavy offense and both don't have any sort of passing game.. NE is different, they can show up playing 5 WRs and win and spread it out or use a balanced attack to beat u..

u guys forget that the pats actually have a qb that is gonna throw th efootball and make the colts secondary actually show up and play.. KC and bmore are run-heavy offense and both don't have any sort of passing game.. NE is different, they can show up playing 5 WRs and win and spread it out or use a balanced attack to beat u..

The Colts defense is a better pass defense, the run defense just showed up in the playoffs

Bradys stats against Indy at home this season

T. Brady 20/35 201 yards 0 TD 4 Int 34.0% QB Rating

doesm't mean anything in the playoffs however :(

You make some very valid points not going to argue with that you are right on all of them .. But I just get the feeling the Colts will find away to pull it out this time.

The Colts defense has looked like the #1 defense in the league the last two weeks.

Of course it hasn't hurt that they've played two absolutely horrid plus 35 and washed up QB's either.

Brady is better than that, the Colts d will return to earth harshly this weekend, they may still get it done....but they will by no means come close to dominating.

I can't believe how many people in here still think this is the same Pats team that's won 3 of the last 5 SBs. It's not. Not even close. This team is a mere shell of the old team. This is the same Pats team that lost badly to a very mediocre Denver team last January, and the same team that lost badly to Indy earlier this season in NE. This game is going to be even uglier than their earlier loss to the Colts because it's in Indy.

I can't believe how many people in here still think this is the same Pats team that's won 3 of the last 5 SBs. It's not. Not even close. This team is a mere shell of the old team. This is the same Pats team that lost badly to a very mediocre Denver team last January, and the same team that lost badly to Indy earlier this season in NE. This game is going to be even uglier than their earlier loss to the Colts because it's in Indy.

right they went 12-4 and beat the #1 chargers on the road.. this is the best belicheck coaching job yet and it will prove again on sunday

I agree, I think that this has a chance to be a blowout in Indy's favor. New England's secondary is not that great, I think there's a chance Peyton could just carve them up.

But I remember that '01 team that had no business winning anything. They also got their "lucky" win against the Raiders, like this team got their win against the Chargers. For whatever reason, this Patriots team does not die easily. If Indy is going to win, it has to get ahead big early and not let it come down to the last minutes.

The X-factor I think is the Patriots running game. If they can get that going, I think they have a chance.

Archived