Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The most important question you will ever answer

Winslowalrob

The QB isn't "audiblizing" at the line. He's calling an audible.

Small thing, perhaps, in the grand scheme, but it's always rankled me.

That doesn't bother me. What bothers me more is every time Bryant Gumble says a team "turned it over on downs" when they send out the punting unit. :mad: :redpunch: :cuss:

That doesn't bother me. What bothers me more is every time Bryant Gumble says a team "turned it over on downs" when they send out the punting unit. :mad: :redpunch: :cuss:
I think they should hook up a little electrode to him so Collinsworth can shock him everytime he makes a ridiculously ignorant statement or when he burps on mic, which is about 50 times a game. :silly:

I think they should hook up a little electrode to him so Collinsworth can shock him everytime he makes a ridiculously ignorant statement or when he burps on mic, which is about 50 times a game. :silly:

They need a third guy standing behind both of them with a baseball bat so that he can clock either of them when they are annoying. Oh wait...a continuous beating would probably not allow them to call the game at all. :laugh:

Good one. Also when a commentator say 'They've scored 14 unanswered points' right after a score. It's kind of hard to answer before you get the ball back.

And this is a bad thing??

I will say at least CC has some, if little, competency...Gumball has zero. :doh:

Collinsworthless is terrible. Good annoucers can carry ****ty partners - just look at Aikman and Joe Buck. Aikman could probably make it work with Gumble in the booth....although it would be a stretch.

Collinsworthless is terrible. Good annoucers can carry ****ty partners - just look at Aikman and Joe Buck. Aikman could probably make it work with Gumble in the booth....although it would be a stretch.

#1, Collinsworth is my LEAST favorite announcer, tied with Paul McGuire (****ing kickers :doh: ).

#2, which one of Buck/Aikman are you implying carries the other? I think they are both great. It kills me that the 2 best color guys are both former Cowboys.

Untracked. It literally means lacking pathways; "trackless wilderness"; "roadless areas", but "football guys" confuse it with on track. It just started a couple of years ago.

My new one, and it's hard to get too upset about it because its so common, is ppl starting sentences wth "I mean". Tell you what, just say what you wanna say, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you mean it. Throw in a "y'know" in front of that "I mean", and y'know, well, I mean, I might have to strangle you...

Untracked. It literally means lacking pathways; "trackless wilderness"; "roadless areas", but "football guys" confuse it with on track. It just started a couple of years ago.

My new one, and it's hard to get too upset about it because its so common, is ppl starting sentences wth "I mean". Tell you what, just say what you wanna say, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you mean it. Throw in a "y'know" in front of that "I mean", and y'know, well, I mean, I might have to strangle you...

Good ones. Another one that bothers me, and coaches do this ALOT, is to take a noun and put -wise at the end of it. "We worked hard offseason conditioning-wise." "Yardage-wise, our defense was pretty tough."

Hey guys - English-wise, you suck.

Good ones. Another one that bothers me, and coaches do this ALOT, is to take a noun and put -wise at the end of it. "We worked hard offseason conditioning-wise." "Yardage-wise, our defense was pretty tough."

Hey guys - English-wise, you suck.

:laugh:

That was pretty good, humor-wise. :)

Mister Pibb and Red Vines equals crazy delicious.

chronic3.jpg

I am tempted to have my students start using crazy delicious instead of very delicious. Or "delicious-wise, the food was very good."

And (I am not sure how to spell this in pinyin, just characters) the Chinese are calling stuff "hen hao qu," with "hen" meaning very and "hao qu" meaning delicious. They would be better served just saying hao qu means tastes good and hen hao qu could be either tastes very good or delicious.

And yes Dj, English is a weird ass language, famously so. You still should not say "very delicious" though.

Archived