Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A flashback to April 2000

Joncevensen

The Redskins had the second and third picks in the draft. We all remember the day. We made the picks, but had few late round picks. After making our third round pick, Vinney Ceratto turned to Norv Turner and said, " I think the draft is over for us now"

Norv Turner turned to him and said, "No, your mistaken, this is when you really have to work hard."

This was reported by ESPN on draft day.

I am not defending Norv Turner as a coach.

But six years later, this man is still our top scout, yet he did not see the significance of the 2nd day of the draft.

I think I've made my point.

The Redskins had the second and third picks in the draft. We all remember the day. We made the picks, but had few late round picks. After making our third round pick, Vinney Ceratto turned to Norv Turner and said, " I think the draft is over for us now"

Norv Turner turned to him and said, "No, your mistaken, this is when you really have to work hard."This was reported by ESPN on draft day.

I am not defending Norv Turner as a coach.

But six years later, this man is still our top scout, yet he did not see the significance of the 2nd day of the draft.

I think I've made my point.

And that, my friends, tells you why we'll never have success until we get a REAL talent evaluator. Heck, maybe Norv could be the GM.

This typifies the Dan Synder era. Arrington and Samuels were high profiled and well known, instant gratification. The Danny is not about digging for gems and waiting for them to shine.

Well lets be honest on this one

The team going into 2000 was fairly complete, and anyone would have traded up to draft those 2 guys

Arrington was going to anchor our D for a decade

Samuels has been a very good player for us since being drafted

The only thing that the FO could have done different would have been to wait till draft day to make that trade and get another late round pick out of it

That wouldn't surprise me. It typifies the job Cerrato has done the past few years. Actually, it doesn't even go far enough to typify how bad a job he has done. At least if we had good players from rounds 1-3 in every draft for the past 5 years that would be something to be proud of - but we don't. For the sake of my own sanity, I'm not even going to touch his work as a free agency talent evaluator right now.

This typifies the Dan Synder era. Arrington and Samuels were high profiled and well known, instant gratification. The Danny is not about digging for gems and waiting for them to shine.

Watching the Patriots continued success makes me want to punch Danny right in the snoot.

Their organization is the polar opposite of the Redskins.

It's so sad.

Snyder and his Redskins blow. :mad:

That wouldn't surprise me. It typifies the job Cerrato has done the past few years. Actually, it doesn't even go far enough to typify how bad a job he has done. At least if we had good players from rounds 1-3 in every draft for the past 5 years that would be something to be proud of - but we don't. For the sake of my own sanity, I'm not even going to touch his work as a free agency talent evaluator right now.

If we had good players from rounds 1-3 in every draft for the past 5 years, we'd have more depth and wouldn't have to depend on free agency to strike at rich quick. We'd be on par with the New Englands, Indianapolises, Baltimores and Phillys of the world -- teams that are in the playoffs and contend seriously year in and year out!

Hiring a GM is not the answer - 1/2 of the teams out there with GM's ***** about them

The GM thing is just something the media has cooked up. And GM's don't necessarily make a team better.

San Diego - no GM - doing just fine!

Texans - GM doing just crappy!

Hiring a GM would just be another thing for the skins fans to ***** about. I can hear the fans now saing that the GM should listen to JG or the 'Chef should buy the groceries'.

If you want to hire a GM you better find a good one - or all heck is going to break loose too!

I do agree that Vinny needs to go though.

Hiring a GM is not the answer - 1/2 of the teams out there with GM's ***** about them

The GM thing is just something the media has cooked up. And GM's don't necessarily make a team better.

San Diego - no GM - doing just fine!

Texans - GM doing just crappy!

Hiring a GM would just be another thing for the skins fans to ***** about. I can hear the fans now saing that the GM should listen to JG or the 'Chef should buy the groceries'.

If you want to hire a GM you better find a good one - or all heck is going to break loose too!

I do agree that Vinny needs to go though.

San Diego does have GM his name is AJ Smith

The team needs a respectable personell man who can maximize our drafts and minimize our FA mistakes

At this time, nobody like that extists in the organization

The big thing this shows is the absolute laziness of the front office. It's not just fun and games and "striking rich" with first-rounders and free agency. It's trying to find those diamonds in the rough that add depth to your team and may even become superstars. Danny and Vinny are more interested in taking short cuts and not working to put the best product out there. Yet, Danny sees no problem in jacking up prices year in and yeare out.

Archived