Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why not draft a corner?

robotfire

We've got Rogers, who I believe will be a great corner for many years. Why not get another corner who will eventually be the successor to Springs? I think it would make sense because we're already thin at CB. Plus, it shows that we want to build for the future. Any other defensive pick will sit on the bench most of the year anyway...

I would trade our 6th pick and take quantity over quality. It pains me to say it, but look at what the Ravens did with Ozzie Newsome. They filled their roster with the 'best available' player in the draft - not necessarily the player they needed.

Apples to Oranges comparison : The Ravens have a GM, we don't.

Cb's take too much time to coach up.

Why not get the position from FA where the players are already used to the game speed.....sure they are more expensive but you pay for their experience.

because it hasnt worked for the last 10 years for us

plus redskins are good with cb's

smoot, bailey, rogers is decent too

i like our chances

why pay a cb in freeagency 30 mil when u can draft one and pau them 14 for 6-7 years?

I don't think the Redskins will go corner. There is no corner that is "can't miss" material. Leon Hall is the best available which will put him high first round, but there is no Champ Bailey prospects this year. Hopefully we get Patrick Willis or Alan Branch. Lemar Marshall is 31 and Pat Willis could bring some youth to the positon and make the middle of our defense more aggresive in stopping the run.

I don't think the Redskins will go corner. There is no corner that is "can't miss" material. Leon Hall is the best available which will put him high first round, but there is no Champ Bailey prospects this year. Hopefully we get Patrick Willis or Alan Branch. Lemar Marshall is 31 and Pat Willis could bring some youth to the positon and make the middle of our defense more aggresive in stopping the run.

that works too

we need to fix the dline

keep our corners how they are

remm wright was a starter in Jacksonville and they had a high ranked D

if our dline creates pass rush our cbs will do fine

lets get LaRon Landry, since we are relying on people to play safety next to Sean Taylor that aren't very good at it at all we could have a crazy safety in there to destroy people and cover for Sean Taylor.

I also think that it's not a bad idea to draft a CB but I do believe (mostly not all the time) CB's take a really long time to coach up. If it were up to me (personal opinion) I would sign someone like Asante Samuel, he will be expensive, not nearly as expensive as Clements, and can play great.

lets get LaRon Landry, since we are relying on people to play safety next to Sean Taylor that aren't very good at it at all we could have a crazy safety in there to destroy people and cover for Sean Taylor.
There's been talk by Joe Gibbs of moving Sean Springs to safety. Imagine Springs and Taylor... that's quite a pair.

I also think that it's not a bad idea to draft a CB but I do believe (mostly not all the time) CB's take a really long time to coach up. If it were up to me (personal opinion) I would sign someone like Asante Samuel, he will be expensive, not nearly as expensive as Clements, and can play great.

you wana use 2 top 10 pick on a safety in the last 3 years?

You need another team who's dying to get up and draft where you are.

I agree though, if you can trade down and get some more picks, hopefully by moving down, you also get that teams 2nd or 3rd rounder. You can do more for your depth and your future.

It won't be a San Diego/Atlanta Trade that landed Vick with the Falcons, and Tomlinson with the Chargers, along with picks to San Diego.

The definition of insanity is doing the same act and expecting different results.

They have drafted defensive backs high every year it seems.

Bailey, Smoot, Rogers, Taylor . If they get a corner it will be the third year in a row in the top 10 that they drafted a defensive back. That is amazing.

Get a defensive linemen. They have not drafted one in 10 years.

I don't think a #6 gets us a 1st and a 2nd -- more likely a 1st and a 3rd or 4th (depending on where the 1st is). I wouldn't draft Landry w/#6, but I might w/#16. He's quite good.

The 6th overall pick is 1,600 points.

We could get two late first rounders (21-32)

1st (10-16) and 2nd

If a team is desperate we can easiley get more.

The only reason our corners looked like poop besides the fact that Rumph and Wright (burnt and wrong) sucked, is the skins get NO PRESSURE from the front four. The skins desperately need a DT/DE to compliment Griff. Carter may pan out, and we just picked up some stupid Canuck from CFL. The d line gets pressure, the QB throws too early or is forced into a bad decision = more picks.

NO CB!!!!!!

The 6th overall pick is 1,600 points.

We could get two late first rounders (21-32)

1st (10-16) and 2nd

If a team is desperate we can easiley get more.

what we should do is trade the pats our six overall for there 2 1st rounders and there 2nd. so we can get woodley,mccauley,and willis.

Getting help on the defensive line to generate a halfway decent pash rush will nullify any need for another corner. We could have Darrell Green and Deion Sanders in their primes at the same time. Without a pash rush, eventually they're both going to get beat.

The best possible scenario would be to trade down and pick up multiple picks. If possible then I say we get a DT/MLB/CB with two early picks, most likely CB and MLB, because they go fast. And then pick up a DT in the lower rounds. If we can't trade, I suggest getting a DT in the first round, an MLB in a later round, and FA CB. I don't see a point in drafting CB in later rounds, there are just too few diamonds in the rough at CB. DL and OL players are good late draft choices IMO.

Archived