Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official For-The-Love-Of-God-Do-Not-Trade-Portis Thread

Portis4President

With the way Betts fumbles once a game, we can't afford to get rid of CP. it doesn't happen anyway.

I'm not a "Betts Guy" but he doesn't fumble once a game. He fumbled late iin the Rams game, and early in the Giants game.

I completely want Portis back, but you can't bash Betts like that because of 2 fumbles. I doubt you can name me another SIGNIFICANT fumble that Betts made, outside of the two that I already mentioned.

Betts is very good, but Portis is way better.

What makes this thread "official"? Was a federal copyright applied for? Do I have to pay a fee to view this thread? Can I make this the "Official Response to the Official Don't Trade Portis Thread"?

I love it when people think their opinion is so important that they need to somehow set it apart from other threads by giving it a meaningless label.

It's official like, if you started a thread, it would be called "Official A**hole Thread."

See? Get it now?

Did his 2005 season, leading us to the playoffs last season mean anything to you???

So quickly do some of us forget...

dude i was so disturbed by the interview on 980 that i think we have big trouble on the horizon. he is a cancer no matter how good he was in 2005. we would be fine without him. ladell is good and we could pick up another rb. i would love to dump him off at the jets for vilma.

There is a lot of short term memory loss around here. When Portis was playing through his injury this year he was labeled a "Stud." Now, he's trade bait because we prove that he has a capable backup. That justifies trading our pro-bowl caliber running back? Aren't we suppose to relish having a reliable backup?

As it has been stated on here already, the man is in a class of his own. Betts has his upside and that is as a backup. Portis is regarded as one of the premier pass blocking backs in the league, He's a home run threat and can grind out the yards (see last 5 games of last season). The reason some forget that fact, is when Portis did suit up this year it was during a time period when we had amnesia on what a running game was suppose to be about. Part of that I think has to do with the fact that even though Portis was in the game they didn't want to pound him too much and have him get hurt worse then he was. If we had a healthy Portis from week 1 through the end this year we'd never have even heard this trade talk nonsense.

It's just like Greg Williams. We have a rash of injuries, and perhaps some bad personel decisions and maybe even some bad coaching descions and he's suddenly a has been and has to go? Come on. Last year at this time everyone was popping champagne that he was re-signed to an extension! The same people that want his head on a platter for a lackluster season are the ones that labeled him a Genius for the last 2 seasons prior to. I guess it's those same fair weather fans that now want Portis gone too. Crazy!

Portis is a beast, and if healthy and the OL produces like this year next year, then bank on him being in the Pro Bowl, then I wonder how many calls for a trade we'll see on here. Of course if he has that one bad game in week 12....you never know what we'll hear on here.

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

I think you need to out this in a new thread so everybody can read this. Great reply.

I'm not a "Betts Guy" but he doesn't fumble once a game. He fumbled late iin the Rams game, and early in the Giants game.

I completely want Portis back, but you can't bash Betts like that because of 2 fumbles. I doubt you can name me another SIGNIFICANT fumble that Betts made, outside of the two that I already mentioned.

Just because the fumble was recovered by the offense doesn't mean he didn't fumble

Portis

Year Team G Fum Lost Fum Forced Own Rec Opp Rec Yds Tot Rec TD

2006 WAS 8 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 0

2005 WAS 16 2 0 0 2 0 0 0 0

Betts

Year Team G Fum Lost Fum Forced Own Rec Opp Rec Yds Tot Rec TD

2006 WAS 16 6 3 0 0 0 0 0 0

2005 WAS 12 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Betts had 6!!!!!! fumbles in half a year playing.

Portis, when healthy in 05 had 2 and none were lost.

Which would you rather have? Betts fumbles 6 times in half a year or portis twice in a full season.

dude i was so disturbed by the interview on 980 that i think we have big trouble on the horizon. he is a cancer no matter how good he was in 2005. we would be fine without him. ladell is good and we could pick up another rb. i would love to dump him off at the jets for vilma.

Good Lord.... :doh:

Has anybody stopped to think that maybe just maybe Clinton Portis is trying to get traded? We all know that airing dirty laundry is the easiest way to get your ticket punched, no matter how big a fan favorite you are. I believe 99.9% of what CP said was probably true, which is a very sad view of what the Redskins have become, but you do not give a 34 minute interview in which you

1. Successfully question every major FA move

2. Call most of your teammates cowards for not standing up to Gibbs

3. Tell people there might be problems between Gibbs and Saunders

4. Tell people that Saunders and CP don't even talk

5. Question why your not featured in the passing gameplan

6. Question how the coaching staff is bringing Campbell along

I hate to say it but CP knew what he was doing buy giving this interview, and by breaking one of Gibbs golden rules. I know some of the die hard CP fans are saying he's just trying to motivate the team but this was a very harsh critique of the Washington Redskins, more so then ones given by ex-players.

:laugh: How about the Tampa game?

WHO ACTUALLY PAYS ATTENTION TO THE POSTERS ON HERE?? WHO CARES WHAT THEY WRITE ABOUT PORTIS?

THEY ARE JUST FANS WHO DONT KNOW CRAP, AND THINK THEY ARE ALL GREAT COACHES, GM'S, OWNERS, ETC....

Trading Portis and making the fumble machine the #1 back would be another HUGE mistep in this joke of a team. The Skins have been stupid, but they would never do that.

Take a look at this:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76773

Now tell me since every cowboy fan on there is asking/hoping for Portis to be sent packing - you still think it's a good idea?

Really - can we change the name of this thread to:

The-Official-We-Cannot-Possibly-Trade-Portis-Because-Not-Only-Would-It-Be-Colossally-Moronic-From -a-Player-Personnell-Standpoint-but-the-ensuing-Cap-Hit-Would-Cripple-Us-As-Well Thread?

:laugh: How about the Tampa game?

Is it just me or am I the only who remembers Betts was ALWAYS a fumbler. That 35-7 win over Dallas last year would have been a shut out had "Butter Arm Betts" not fumbled

When Portis was spelled by Betts or Cartright, I Always held my breath.

Thats right...

"Butter Arm Betts!"

Taliarecline.jpg

I found him a wife carved out of butter, he can lay next to her on the bench when Portis is in the game scoring TDs:point2sky

Archived