Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official For-The-Love-Of-God-Do-Not-Trade-Portis Thread

Portis4President

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: at people that still think Portis is a HR threat

MeNoRevs you're still goin at it :laugh:. I mean I can understand if you feel he can be overrated at times, but the way you underrate him is like nothing I've ever seen. I remember you even said he might not even belong in the top 10 list. Not even top 10??? If CP was behind the O-line this year when they were playing like they were, he'd be hitting homeruns like crazy. It was difficult when the defense was stacking 8 in the box. But now? With the deep threat? He's gonna be hitting 50-60 yarders.

MeNoRevs you're still goin at it :laugh:. I mean I can understand if you feel he can be overrated at times, but the way you underrate him is like nothing I've ever seen. I remember you even said he might not even belong in the top 10 list. Not even top 10??? If CP was behind the O-line this year when they were playing like they were, he'd be hitting homeruns like crazy. It was difficult when the defense was stacking 8 in the box. But now? With the deep threat? He's gonna be hitting 50-60 yarders.

Yes I think he is overrated and yes I said he is not even in the top 10 RB in the NFL. I even posted the ones I did. I dont go around saying stuff without backing it up.

I am getting tired also of hearing "well they where opening bigger holes for Ladell". So the OL just decided hey, lets start making bigger holes for him. Or the coaching, after having CP for 2 and a half years says RIGHT after his injury, okay, we are going to change our scheme. I dont buy it one bit.

I tell you what, If CP is still here next year, someone give me a number of 50 yard runs he thank he will have, and we can put money on it. I will put money where my mouth is.

Yes I think he is overrated and yes I said he is not even in the top 10 RB in the NFL. I even posted the ones I did. I dont go around saying stuff without backing it up.

I am getting tired also of hearing "well they where opening bigger holes for Ladell". So the OL just decided hey, lets start making bigger holes for him. Or the coaching, after having CP for 2 and a half years says RIGHT after his injury, okay, we are going to change our scheme. I dont buy it one bit.

I tell you what, If CP is still here next year, someone give me a number of 50 yard runs he thank he will have, and we can put money on it. I will put money where my mouth is.

Im with you man! Portis is definitly VERY overrated. Lets make some wagers!

By the way...Portis has ONE run of over fifty yards in his three years here, thats right ONE!

He has THREE runs of over forty yards in three years here, thats right THREE!

He has SEVEN runs of over thirty yards in his three years here, thats right SEVEN!

42 games played and he has a grand total of seven runs of over thirty yards

He sure is a real home run hitter!!!:rolleyes:

How do you back up that he is not a top 10 RB? I compared the stats and records of the running backs you listed to Portis's, CP is obviously better. As for your bet, I'll take you up on that. 100$ says he will have at least three 50 yard runs next year. He also has to be getting the majority of the carries.

How do you back up that he is not a top 10 RB? I compared the stats and records of the running backs you listed to Portis's, CP is obviously better. As for your bet, I'll take you up on that. 100$ says he will have at least three 50 yard runs next year. He also has to be getting the majority of the carries.

100 bucks says he has more than three 50 yard runs? Youre on my friend! The guy has three runs of over FOURTY yards in three years!

Edit: Three is a push

Im with you man! Portis is definitly VERY overrated. Lets make some wagers!

By the way...Portis has ONE run of over fifty yards in his three years here, thats right ONE!

He has THREE runs of over forty yards in three years here, thats right THREE!

He has SEVEN runs of over thirty yards in his three years here, thats right SEVEN!

42 games played and he has a grand total of seven runs of over thirty yards

He sure is a real home run hitter!!!:rolleyes:

For all you know, Portis could come out next year and hit multiple homeruns. He certainly has the potential to. This year, Ladainian Tomlinson had a lot of big runs. In his last two years he only had like 2 or 3. Portis could easily erupt next year.

For all you know, Portis could come out next year and hit multiple homeruns. He certainly has the potential to. This year, Ladainian Tomlinson had a lot of big runs. In his last two years he only had like 2 or 3. Portis could easily erupt next year.

Ahh but aren't you portis backers saying that Portis IS a home run hitter? Now, you are saying that he has the potential to be a home run hitter? Which one is it! Make up your minds!

Ahh but aren't you portis backers saying that Portis IS a home run hitter? Now, you are saying that he has the potential to be a home run hitter? Which one is it! Make up your minds!

He's a home run hitter.

In your book, what do you have to do to be classified as a home run hitter.

Certainly take more than seven carries for thirty or more yards in three years.

why are you counting this year? He wasn't healthy and didn't play a full season.

EDIT: If you want to count this year though, I guarantee he would've hit some more 30 yarders had he been healthy.

Why do SOME people in this thread want to get rid of Portis?

Who would we have if we did then?

Betts/Cartwright b/c Duckett will be gone too. Ohhhh So scary, fumblin Betts and kickoff man Cartwright. Man, teams would clown us if those were our only two backs.

And btw for all you Portis haters and Betts lovers, how many runs of 40 or more yards has Betts had in his career again????????

I'm still waiting..........................

Oh yea................NONE! LOL

He doesnt even have 1 RUN of 30 yards or more! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Check his career stats! :doh:

Betts

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302176

Rock

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/301996

So if we trade Portis, we'd have two RB's that have a career total of 15 rushing TD's in their careers. PORTIS HAD JUST AS MUCH AS THAT AS A ROOKIE!!!!!!! :laugh:

And Portis is younger than both of them! Now look at Portis's career stats and maybe you will change your mind.

Portis

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302215

Get outta here with that trade Portis nonsense, it isn't happening. OKAY! Get over it and deal with the fact that you will be supporting the Skins next season and Portis will be our starting RB.

K? Thanx.

OH and btw, Portis has a total of 3 fumbles in his last 2 years, including 0 this year! Compared to Betts 9 in 2 years. 6 this year and 3 last season. And he didn't even START last year.

You know how people say that a coach's legacy is tied to certain QB, or whatever?

Well...

Portis is the living, breathing incarnation of the Gibbs II legacy.

He is going nowhere as long as Gibbs is here.

Fact.

P.S.

Sweet... this post finally got me off the bench!

I would honestly take this with you, but your 16, I hope you understand why I cant.

This whole thing is a crock of ****. I can't believe what I'm hearing.

This time last year everyone was in love with Portis. Had anyone mentioned the sheer thought of trading him, they'd have received a beat down of epic proportions.

The guy gets one injury, misses a chunk of the season and now everyone wants to trade him simply cause Betts played well?

Wake up! Lots of teams are slowly switching to the two headed RB, especially in our division. The Giants have Barber and Jacobs and the Cowboys have Marion Barber and Jones.

If a player has an off year and you jump on the "trade him" bandwagon, you deserve to toss in your Redskins fan card because they've been having offseasons for almost a decade now.

In other words, stick with your team through thick and thin, stick with your star players who still have a lot to offer through thick and thin.

You know how people say that a coach's legacy is tied to certain QB, or whatever?

Well...

Portis is the living, breathing incarnation of the Gibbs II legacy.

He is going nowhere as long as Gibbs is here.

Fact.

P.S.

Sweet... this post finally got me off the bench!

You can blame this year of Gibbs II on the defense, not an injured running back. Clearly we weren't watching the same season.

Archived