Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

a 2007 mock draft already out.....

CliffBattles

If Calvin Johnson gets past Cleveland/Tampa, I bet we will have some trade offers for the #6 pick, with teams knowing that Arizona won't be drafting another reciever and that Minnesota almost certainly will.

It will be interesting to see if a team like Miami at 9, San Fran at 11, or even New England with two low first rounders make a strong play for that #6 pick and the right to draft Johnson.

I've been opposed to taking Branch with the 6th pick as we have other needs but if it were part of a trade down it wouldn't be terrible, depending on what other pick we'd acquire with him.

IF we were to trade down to the 15 range, what would the compensation lool like? I don't think per the value systme, or trades done last year that a 1 and a 2 slotted in the 15 range would equate to the 6th overall pick...

If Calvin Johnson gets past Cleveland/Tampa, I bet we will have some trade offers for the #6 pick, with teams knowing that Arizona won't be drafting another reciever and that Minnesota almost certainly will.

It will be interesting to see if a team like Miami at 9, San Fran at 11, or even New England with two low first rounders make a strong play for that #6 pick and the right to draft Johnson.

...now, we are talking.

I like the way you think!

That mock draft seems off. I think Quinn Pit**** has fallen out of the first round, but a good bowl game next Monday night could shove him into the top 10.

Also, if Calvin Johnson falls to us at #6, we won't be able to trade the pick to #7 Minnesota unless the Vikings really believe that we'll take Johnson with our pick. Otherwise the Vikings have no reason to move up one spot.

Amobi Okoye seemed to play quite well tonight so I think drafting him would be a good idea.

Hopefully it works out that way...Just looked up the value chart and if we trade down to the 15th pick for example, the #6 is worth a 1,2, and 4....

See....That's why I think if we get an chance to trade down to 15 or in that 12-15 range,it could really make up for alot of the dumb moves we made this season!

We could easily get 1 of the top 5 DL-men trading down that far...And get a 2nd and 4th rounder to boot!

Use that 2nd rounder for a CB or OL(if we let Dock go)

Or we could take the BPA at the trade down spot and grab a DL-men in the 2nd round....

In the 4th we could probably grab a good TE or possibly a WR if we let Patten and thrash go...and maybe even Lloyd?

We really gotta quit giving away our mid-round selections...you know?

Who else wants to see Calvin Johnson get drafted by the Lions just to watch the fans cry that Matt Millen is still at large?

The delicious irony is now that the Lions will finally be in postition to get a WR worthy of the pick, they can't use it on him because they have blown too many 1st rounders on the wrong WRs.

Besides, Furrey and Williams look like an effective combination.

I think in the 2004 draft, Detroit traded down from 6th to 7th, and gained a 2nd rounder in the process. Cleveland took Kellen Winslow II with that 6th pick.

That should put it in perspective that if we trade into the 10-15 range, we better get at least a 2nd rounder this year out of it.

That mock draft was definitely off.

That mock draft seems off. I think Quinn Pit**** has fallen out of the first round, but a good bowl game next Monday night could shove him into the top 10.

Also, if Calvin Johnson falls to us at #6, we won't be able to trade the pick to #7 Minnesota unless the Vikings really believe that we'll take Johnson with our pick. Otherwise the Vikings have no reason to move up one spot.

Amobi Okoye seemed to play quite well tonight so I think drafting him would be a good idea.

That's not why they would trade with us. They would trade with us out of fear that we would trade the pick to someone who did need a WR.

Archived