Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You make the decisions for the skins what would you do about MLB.

we_want_56

I usually agree with you Jim but not this time. I just have the feeling that if Marshall had played behind those Minny DTs he'd look pretty good too. Marshall needs more help up front IMO.

Napoleon Harris is 6'2" 250 27 years old and a natural MLB

Marshall is a converted strong safety who is a decent back up OLB/special teamer that is trying to play MLB at 230 lbs. He has been one of the liabilities this year in the run game and is getting older every year.

I am in no way proposing we don't also upgrade the D-line, but we need two new LB's, and one of them we already drafted this year.

I believe this position should be our first priority. Marshall had a horrible year, he looked lost out there. When your playcaller is indecisive, other players will lose confidence in him.

As far as the defensive line goes, they did a good enough job "containing" blockers. Marshall simply takes bad angles or simply drops too far back to make a play. Honestly, I dont know where you guys get the idea that Marshall is getting blocked. Our defensive is constantly beaten on cutback plays, that happens when the MLB overruns the play. Just keep an eye on him during run plays, you'll notice that he often chooses the wrong hole to fill. Pass defense should be his strength, but he seems lost there as well.

I would keep him. With better dline play and with Rocky next to him instead of Holdman I think he'll be fine.

Marshall is holdman:doh:

shouldn't be starting at all ,at best Marshall is just a back up

if greg williams ego wouldn't let him or holdman start this year ,ST,C Griff, and Washington would all be in the probowl:mad:

I believe this position should be our first priority. Marshall had a horrible year, he looked lost out there. When your playcaller is indecisive, other players will lose confidence in him.

As far as the defensive line goes, they did a good enough job "containing" blockers. Marshall simply takes bad angles or simply drops too far back to make a play. Honestly, I dont know where you guys get the idea that Marshall is getting blocked. Our defensive is constantly beaten on cutback plays, that happens when the MLB overruns the play. Just keep an eye on him during run plays, you'll notice that he often chooses the wrong hole to fill. Pass defense should be his strength, but he seems lost there as well.

:applause: wow someone with 20-20 vision on here:cool:

also to piggy back off you ,Marshall when he does get blocked he is on his back,he dosent attack,he gets attacked and that is the difference

Fix the defensive line first. If we could land Branch(the 6'6" 330 DT) to pair with Griffin, that would free up players like Marshall and Washington to run to the ball.

Assuming no major change in our defensive scheme, interior penetration will make our MIKE (I use MIKE so no one can make the Major League Baseball crack :)) play lights out. While Lemar is not the best, I think its better to use our resources to capture the LOS. Also, by capturing the LOS and getting interior penetration, Lemar can get back into his zone quicker and passes in the short middle will be harder to throw with accuracy so Lemar can play kind of a short center field or ST can now come up and rock guys catching the ball over the middle.

I really don't want London Fletcher. I think his best years are behind him. I don't care if he does know the system. The Skins need to get younger.

If 138 tackles, 3 interception, 10 passes defensed and 2 sacks is a bad year, then I still want this guy on our team. By all accounts, he has at least two years left, which is enough time to shore up our more pressing needs, and groom a young guy to take his place. Fletcher has always been one of the toughest players and best leaders in the NFL. He is a model citizen and would be a good role model for all of our young players on defense. He knows the defense from playing for Gregg in Buffalo, and he will have players respect on the field. He is just as good in coverage as he is against the run, and he's a heady player.

It isn't wise to take a rookie and plug him right in to Williams's system, and I haven't been satisfied with Marshall's play. My only reservation about Fletcher is that I thought he would come cheap, but with the year he's having it now looks like he might get one final contract with some big numbers in it. If that's the case, I don't want any part of him.

I would love to move Marshall to the other OLB position and fill the middle with a FA. We can draft Branch and we need to sign a CB in FA too!

I suspect that if we bring in a CB (or Springs by some miracle), get Branch and AC proves that this second half is just the beginning, we won't need to look at our backers except for some depth.

If 138 tackles, 3 interception, 10 passes defensed and 2 sacks is a bad year, then I still want this guy on our team. By all accounts, he has at least two years left, which is enough time to shore up our more pressing needs, and groom a young guy to take his place. Fletcher has always been one of the toughest players and best leaders in the NFL. He is a model citizen and would be a good role model for all of our young players on defense. He knows the defense from playing for Gregg in Buffalo, and he will have players respect on the field. He is just as good in coverage as he is against the run, and he's a heady player.

It isn't wise to take a rookie and plug him right in to Williams's system, and I haven't been satisfied with Marshall's play. My only reservation about Fletcher is that I thought he would come cheap, but with the year he's having it now looks like he might get one final contract with some big numbers in it. If that's the case, I don't want any part of him.

Absolutely agree...:applause:

Fletcher would be an upgrade...pretty much anyone would be an upgrade but he would be some good experience to help Rocky grow while playing along side Washington.

BUT....first thing is first. Defensive Line. We need an impact D lineman with so many problems on defense. It was different when we had both Arrington and Washington...they made up for the lack of one. The next need is Cornerback with Springs getting hurt so much and us practically throwing away Walt Harris and Ryan Clark. After that we can start talking about replacing Marshall...he's not a terrible player like Holdman and would be better if he didn't have to play alongside Holdman.

I would keep him. With better dline play and with Rocky next to him instead of Holdman I think he'll be fine.

He's fine, the whole team is having a bad year...

You want Marshall to play better, get some help for him at weakside LB, and the defensive line.

If we can grab a stud at MLB than hey, I am all for it, but right now and probably next year Marshall is our best bet.

I think we just need to get another good linebacker and then have open competition for all the spots, let the coaches decide who the best players are. I'd also like to go back to rotating personel in and out, we haven't done that much at the linebacker spot this year because of a lack of depth. Remember when we had Arrington coming in every once in a while, we had Chris Clemons coming in every once in a while, etc. We need some weapons at our disposal and we need to keep everyone fresh. There's a lot of holes in the defense but we're not that far from being fixed. Another solid player at each level and we're good, doesn't have to be a great player, just a solid player added at every level.

Our most pressing need is at the line IMO. However, if Branch or Adams aren't there when we are up then we could possibly go the "depth" route and trade down for a lower 1st and a 2nd and pick up Patrick Willis for MLB later in the 1st. The guy is a beast. Once he puts on a few more lbs (he is 6'2 240) he could be a very good NFL MLB.

:2cents:

I think we need to look at either Fletcher(1) is a true MLB, is still very productive, and knows this system or Adalius Thomas(1a) he is a freakish athlete who is 6'3 270 that has played both outside and inside LB(in a very complex scheme), he has played safety, corner and DL...He is smart, stout at the point of attack and is a playmaker in all phases...

I think either is an upgrade over Marshall...

I think we should take a chance a draft Buster Davis with our 5th round if he's there . Although he doesn't have the prototypical size I believe he is going to be something special for a long time too !!!

Coz

I extremely doubt Davis will be around in the 5th round. However, if you meant 5th pick, then he will definitely be there, but wouldn't be worth the pick, as we could trade down and still get him.

linebackers are like RB you can get them in later rounds but we dont have time to develope one.

Get a free agent linebacker! and pick up Clements

Draft DT in the first round!

Draft DB in 2nd round!

Bring in other LB for depth Rocky had long runs broken to his sides for the 2nd week in a row. Let Rocky compete next year.

Archived