Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your Core Redskins

Johaun

Chris Samuels-nothing like a multi-time probowler offensive lineman to get a team going. For example think of the Rams before they got Orlando Pace-just dismal. The 49ers last year without Larry Allen blocking for Frank Gore. The Cardinals with Edge's whopping 3 yards per carry. Samuels would be the foundation.

Why do you say Sean Taylor. Do you honestly think he cares about being a Redskin. I know people love him because he blows people up, but I don't see him being a definition of a core Redskin.
I'll admit that I was thinking more about talent than personality. I see Sean Taylor as the type of player that you can build a defense around, potentially the next Ronnie Lott. He is a core player in the sense that you can build a team around someone of his caliber.

I see your point about Taylor's personality. However, the coaches have been praising his work ethic and demeanor this season, so maybe he is getting better in this respect.

One only? Jason Campbell at this point in time. If he is as good as the coaches believe and can progress like many believe he can you must always build your team around a YOUNG QB with potential. No offense to Portis, I would take him second probably , but RBs life spans are short and if you are building long term you will always need a good QB, which is much harder to find these days ( points to the NFC as evidence ). :cheers:

...I second that; Campbell.

Couldn't disagree more about Portis. Denver is way better off without him and having Champ. We're worse off. Denver knew damn well what they we're letting go.

Portis is hurt frequently. He's a prima dona. He also plays as hard as anyone and he can block in pass protection. I do think of him as a top back though. My point is simply he is not my idea of a 'build the team around' guy. Ladell is setting team records right now, not just having a few good games. He is not a gotta have guy either. Very, very few are.

The idea of a "core" Skin is myth. There is no such thing as a "core" Skin any more than there is a "core" Steeler or a "core" Patriot or a "core" Lion for that matter.

Good teams have an abundance of good players who play very hard at all times. Bad teams don't have enough of these.

be quiet and loosen up, have some fun for once

My Apologies for the misusage of the term core Redskin. When I started the thread I was actually looking for the guys you would want to build the team around. I should not have put the term core Redskin in there, many of the posts are correct in terms were the best players aren't exactly core Redskins. I guess to me, like others define a core Redskin as someone who bleeds burgundy and gold. I personally don't know any of the players so for me to say any of them are core Redskins is really not my place.

So I apologize for using the term core Redskin to start this thread. Many of you listed several names that you would want to build the team around instead of just one. That’s great, all I was looking for was some positive reinforcement for the team we all seem to can't live without. This board is like most everything in life; you remember the bad and just expect the good. You don't ever hear about the great burger you got from McDonalds, but someone will definitely tell you about the time the found a finger in there nuggets. I am just as guilty as the next. So I just thought this thread would be a little change of pace. Not that this thread is even original, I am pretty sure I have seen others just like it. On that note, I am getting long winded. So everyone have a good new year. If you drink don't drive and if you walk don't trip!

Archived