Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Megamerge of comments on the Defense

mistere

Dude lets have some patiences with the Defense. Im pretty sure that can solve everything. Let them develop whats he trying to do here. Im most certaintly that his defense will come back to greatness ;)

What in the heck are you talking about......patience...are you kidding me. This D has gotten worse every year since Greg "10 Mill Bonus" Williams took over. His personal moves have been horrible. He should be fired and your talking patience...geez some of you guys are unreal!

Williams has called a lot of dumb defenses this year. Blitzing in situations where he does not need to blitz and laying back in situations where he should blitz.

It just irks me to no end that he continues to send Sean Taylor on blitzes! Every time he does this he is just wasting Taylor, because he never gets close to the quarterback and it leaves and already poor secondary without its best player! Taylor is an awful blitzer! Maybe our multi-million dollar defensive coach will figure this out some time before the turn of the next century!

This defense has a lot of issues...but trading Sean Taylor isn't going to solve anything. He's played well for most of the season w/the exception of today's game. I think he's a good player overall...he's covered for others ineptitude for the good part of the season. Its a miracle he's healthy w/the kind of hits he deals out. He did blow it today..but trade him?..no can do...we need him.

HTTR:point2sky

I just wish people would stop stating "trade Taylor", "trade Portis", "trade Betts" "etc.". None of these players or Cooley or similar type of player is going anywhere.

Let me make things more clear. I can almost guarantee that the skins will not trade anyone because anyone they would consider trading is not worth anything. This is the NFL. Only the skins trade for players and we can't trade with ourselves. Yes, actual trades do happen, but not on any type of regular basis. They know we will simply release the player. Duckett, Springs, Wynn, AA and others are worth nothing because no team would expend draft choices for them. Their current contract numbers are to high or they are a FA or they are too old or they are just not worth it. Go back to Madden and leave the GM decisions to the GM's.

I think Williams may need to go. After three years, he get's run off. In Buff and now in Washington. Gibbs has trusted Williams too much. And, it was all from the first year showing. Williams then got arrogant and felt his scheme was why he was a successful co-ordinator. No, you need talent. But more importantly, you need to know how to judge talent.

Greg has tried to make up for lack of Pass Rush by disguising different ways of getting to the QB for as long as he has been with the team. The rest of the NFL has figured this out and your "Physical" DB are getting worn out running to the QB then having to stay with the WR.

In the off-season please get some front seven help. Wynn and Daniels are good guys and no disrespect to them but they are not getting it done. You got a decent end with Carter and plenty of DT's with Griff, Joe, Golston, Montgomery and Evans in passing downs. Just get a pass rusher.

Also LB's (Thanks for McCune's development to go to Miami) Marshall's strength was suposse to be pass coverage and we saw how that worked out. get someone with Rocky and groom another with Marcus

Another CB in free angency or draft, :doh: (Im getting tired of having to get a crucial position on D every other season) and Sean will be able to roam free and wreck havok.

Archived