Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT reporter reads extremeskins

HapHaszard

SEEN & HEARD YESTERDAY AT THE SUPERDOME

http://www.washtimes.com/sports/20061218-125811-9716r.htm

• Speaking of Redskins home games, a topic started this weekend on the team's official message board was a plea for fans to wear paper bags over their heads at the season finale against the Giants.

If even one fan shows up with a bag over his head, it would be equal parts hilarious (what's funnier than a fan who takes time to find a paper bag, guestimate where their eyes will be and then construct the mask?) and telling (that at least some fans have had it up to here with ownership and the front office).

No doubt he enjoyed the reactions to that suggestion as well. Said it then, say it now. Pretty sad and disrespectful in my book. They haven't played as well as they could for a myriad of reasons, but yesterday showed they will still to out and represent for Redskins fans. Damned if I would wear a bag over my head for any reason. Hell, that bad for some where they feel they have to wear bags over their heads, stay home then. Why waste the time and money?

Notice he did NOT say how many of us said that was NOT a good idea and would NOT in any way shape form or fashion disrespect the team.....THE SAME TEAM THAT KICKED BUTT YESTERDAY.

I would be EMBARRASSED to even SUGGEST wearing a bag AFTER WATCHING THE GAME THEY PLAYED YESTERDAY.

Blondie

Wearing bags is disrepectful to the players and coaches, all who have been working their butts off, which was evident in yesterday's game.

During the last game, we really should be protesting Snyder. Everyone attending the game should boycott all concessions. I know that getting everyone to do this is impossible, but even if 10% do it, it will send a message to Snyder: lighten up on the price gouging and start appreciating the fans that are loyal to this team. $120 a seat, $35 to park your car, $6 to eat a hog is simply outrageous. STOP screwing the fans, Mr. Snyder!

I lived in Downtown DC for about 10 years and never once bought a Washington Times paper...

I thought it was junk back then and still do now..... They just dont seem to have any real news.

How that reporter must be so proud.

How that poster that started that thread.... He must be so proud!

He got his 1.5 seconds of fame

Not a good read in my opinion.The band is one of the things the makes The Skins unique.Just seemed to want to take a shot wherever he could.I prefer he not read ES.

I agree, one of the few team bands left.

Lately I have seen a poison developing amoung the local writers, seeming to be almost as bad as some on this message board are getting. Could it be that they are actually secret fans? Hanging out here could be habit forming if they do it long enough. :laugh:

where do you think they get their story ideas?

I'm sure the tone of the board over the last couple of months effects their

reporting, it is amazing I post a news article, go to the stadium and notice its something we have been talking about for a couple of days. But I'm sure that real reporters wouldn't be getting story ideas from here, because they have called us 60,000 dummies.

ok, i'll fess up. while i did not start a thread about wearing paper bags, i did suggest the idea in somebody's thread who was calling for people to make signs saying "Playoffs."

it was mostly a frustration post due to our lack of victories and somebody actuallly thinking we would make the playoffs two weeks ago.

i feel ashamed of my suggestion; however, i wasn't saying i would do it. just that i thought we would be better suited wearing bags at that point of the season then creating elaborate playoff scenerios.

The Marching band is a key aspect of my gameday experience. Win or loose, I'm always spirited by their presence and I wish they still jammed as often as they used to.

In my best old man voice;

I've grown up a Hip-Hop fan of 20+ years. However, to hear our band jam is a major beacon of identity as to where I am. Every NFL stadium DJ's Hip Hop today, but only WE, still have a somewhat college like band. Their act today may be handcuffed by a lack of time, $, and commitment from ownership, but I still appreciate their effort.

The Ravens ripped us off by the way. I don't remember any other NFL team having a band until Bmore came to be 10 years ago.

I agree, one of the few team bands left.

Lately I have seen a poison developing amoung the local writers, seeming to be almost as bad as some on this message board are getting. Could it be that they are actually secret fans? Hanging out here could be habit forming if they do it long enough. :laugh:

I'm almost sure that they are secret fans. Why else would they read our posts. And by the way we are not wearing paper bags to the Giants game. We are proud of our team (now that we finally have JC at the helm).

There have been couple of interesting comments in the Times today .. not only the paper bag thing and the trade Portis rumors. Now I am no news hound but the only place I have heard this is here and other message boards... hmmm

It would not surprise me there were media types posting here almost in agent provocateur roles though you have to say Snyder has brought it on himself by giving the fans such a strong and unmoderated voice and gives those who may have an agenda mechanisms to manipulate

I'm sure the tone of the board over the last couple of months effects their

reporting, it is amazing I post a news article, go to the stadium and notice its something we have been talking about for a couple of days. But I'm sure that real reporters wouldn't be getting story ideas from here, because they have called us 60,000 dummies.

right, I mean we're morons right? Yet, we're the reason they have jobs.

I wonder if we personally attacked or made up rumors about Ryan O'Hallaron or Czaben, they'd report that?

...not that I would - just saying.

right, I mean we're morons right? Yet, we're the reason they have jobs.

I wonder if we personally attacked or made up rumors about Ryan O'Hallaron or Czaben, they'd report that?

...not that I would - just saying.

I think the main concern they have is that they no longer have a lock on Redskins news. With some of the sources here, not the least Andyman and some others, we have quicker, faster, and better news than they do. I wonder how many newsreporters would have thought of checking the flight plan of Redskins One to get a quick idea of who the Redskins were courting? Not the Times or the Post. We may have 60,00 morons but we have 1000 more that are damn smart and really know whats going on or know how to find it out. Being one of the morons, I'll settle for extremeskins because

not only do I get to find out things faster but I can read better articles from our own inhouse people, plus get to make smart remarks to Cowboy trolls, etc. All that and I don't have to pay a dime to the WP or WT opps wait a minute thats $.50 now isn't it?

As I was getting situated in the media room today at Redskins Park, Ryan mentioned to me that his story was cited and linked on the board (I had not seen it before).

After I looked at it I chided him for pointing out the most negative thread recently.

However, I did so in jest. Ryan is a good guy and a very good writer. I was myself suprised to see the thread he referenced.

As I was getting situated in the media room today at Redskins Park, Ryan mentioned to me that his story was cited and linked on the board (I had not seen it before).

After I looked at it I chided him for pointing out the most negative thread recently.

However, I did so in jest. Ryan is a good guy and a very good writer. I was myself suprised to see the thread he referenced.

actually I like most of his stuff. - I'm disappointed to see him jumping on this bandwagon.

Archived