Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst. Kids. Book. Ever.

Spaceman Spiff

ughhh. i think i just lost my dinner, lunch and yesterdays breakfast. politics IS NOT for kids no matter what the politics are. big brother is out there, and he's in the form of this book. and in the form of those three other books posted by someone else. my parents never raised me with political teaching. dems just must be afraid when their kids grow up they wont be able to choose their parents path on their own, so what do they do? they brainwash them from a young age to mae sure it is ineveitable that they will never choose what to believe themselves.

I totally agree with you. I have liberal views most of the time but this is rediculous. Kids should never ever, ever be exposed to this nonsense. Being a kid is about learning, playing with friends, building treehouses, and video games. Not politics. This is disgusting.

This is total brainwashing.

I totally agree with you. I have liberal views most of the time but this is rediculous. Kids should never ever, ever be exposed to this nonsense. Being a kid is about learning, playing with friends, building treehouses, and video games. Not politics. This is disgusting.

This is total brainwashing.

ughhh. i think i just lost my dinner, lunch and yesterdays breakfast. politics IS NOT for kids no matter what the politics are. big brother is out there, and he's in the form of this book. and in the form of those three other books posted by someone else. my parents never raised me with political teaching. dems just must be afraid when their kids grow up they wont be able to choose their parents path on their own, so what do they do? they brainwash them from a young age to mae sure it is ineveitable that they will never choose what to believe themselves.

Good posts, fellas.

I agree as well.

Glad to see people can put aside their parties differences and realize that this is bull****.

Conservative parents (generally) try to teach their kids the Bible. This is the liberal equivalent. It's their religion. It's all they have.

I agree. This book is definitely an equivalent to the bible. And conservatives do use the bible for political purposes with children. Good call. The main difference, of course, is that only about five people have ever heard of this book.

So . . .. Democrats are squirrels?

Well, some of us are a little nutty. I think this book would be a great gag gift for some my uber conservative friends. I once found a poster printed in the 1920's called "Those Loony Liberals" it was awesome.

I hate the "cult" of politics and clearly that is what this is. Primitive brainwashing. No one should buy this except as a present to Rush's and Sean Hannity's kids.

That's truly pathetic. :doh: You'd never get Republicans writing a crap book like that for kids.

No ... they'd write a whole series. Like this one of three by Katharine DeBrecht:

Help! Mom! Hollywood's in My Hamper!

Help! Mom! There Are Liberals Under My Bed!

Help! Mom! The 9th Circuit Nabbed the Nativity

Yes, these are all real books available on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/103-8457528-9013405?ie=UTF8&index=books&rank=-relevance%2C%2Bavailability%2C-daterank&field-author-exact=DeBrecht%2C%20Katharine

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Damn. Served!

This book reminds me of one of those propaganda pamphlets *cough*Nazi Germany *cough*. Sweet imagery to invoke an underlying theme.:2cents:

Yup, pick your cult. Nazism. Soviet books. Religious cult. This kind of brainwashing is rotten.

The fact that it's all true is beside the point. ;)

I agree. This book is definitely an equivalent to the bible. And conservatives do use the bible for political purposes with children. Good call. The main difference, of course, is that only about five people have ever heard of this book.

I think the authors and publishers of the bible can learn something from this. The bible would be easier for kids to understand if there were more illustrations of squirrels.

That's truly pathetic. :doh: You'd never get Republicans writing a crap book like that for kids.

No ... they'd write a whole series. Like this one of three by Katharine DeBrecht:

Help! Mom! Hollywood's in My Hamper!

Help! Mom! There Are Liberals Under My Bed!

Help! Mom! The 9th Circuit Nabbed the Nativity

http://www.katharinedebrecht.net/

Yes, these are all real books available on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Help-Mom-Hollywoods-My-Hamper/dp/0976726912

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Why is nobody talking about this 500 pound gorilla in the room?

Plus, the Bible is nothing but similar brainwashing.

By the way, I'm a Liberal and I would never buy a book like that for my kid. It's just ridiculous...like the Bible.

I think the authors and publishers of the bible can learn something from this. The bible would be easier for kids to understand if there were more illustrations of squirrels.

Squirrels as burnt offerings or drowning in the flood.

Why is nobody talking about this 500 pound gorilla in the room?

By the way, I'm a Liberal and I would never buy a book like that for my kid. It's just ridiculous...like the Bible.

It's laughable that Rush Limbaugh & Bill O'Reilly on one side, and the Air America types on the other, like to point fingers at who they think are the bad guys.

These books just show how much of politics is about demonizing the other side and you can never start too early with the indoctrination.:doh:

Ouch. He walked right into that one, huh? Well played. ;)

Hmmm... Interesting idea.

See, now this just just a cheap shot at the cornerstone of the faith of millions of people, and it's not even funny. Bad form.

Boo, I say. Boo. ;)

Also, since this is the internet, I feel compelled to take your off-the-cuff comment seriously. Have you read the Bible? The answer is either yes or no. If no, then you have no way of asserting that the Bible is brainwashing. If yes, then you're clearly wrong, since it hasn't brainwashed you.

Either way, the statement is logically self-defeating. :D

Squirrels as burnt offerings or drowning in the flood.

I don't think squirrels were appropriate offerings, but the flood sounds good...

Squirrels being plagued by locusts, righteous squirrels stoning sinning squirrels, squirrels on on the cross ... the options are endless.

This is more anthropomorphic, but why not? :)

See, now this just just a cheap shot at the cornerstone of the faith of millions of people, and it's not even funny. Bad form.

Boo, I say. Boo. ;)

Also, since this is the internet, I feel compelled to take your off-the-cuff comment seriously. Have you read the Bible? The answer is either yes or no. If no, then you have no way of asserting that the Bible is brainwashing. If yes, then you're clearly wrong, since it hasn't brainwashed you.

Either way, the statement is logically self-defeating

Actually, you're right.

I'll make a correction. People use the Bible for brainwashing purposes. The Bible itself doesn't do any brainwashing. Unless you want to count the Commandments, but those are more like "commands" than they are brainwashing.

Fair point, techboy.

P.S. I wasn't trying to be funny.

Archived